• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

template talk

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been putting off working my bard toon for ages.
trying to force myself to work on the toon but have a few questions.
Some info 1rst though
1-this is a human toon [would it be better to go elf or gargy?]
2-this is a toon for PVM [who the hell tries to PVP on a bard]
3-i will NOT have pets/taming for this toon
4-the entire guild i am in is factions so i do have access to the faction gear
5-i plan on having all of the bardic skills on the toon
which i've allready eaten 115`s for all of them
6-this toon will probably used for solo hunting only
7-for anyone that doesn't know me i lag like hell and need to take an avg of 300+ ping into consideration
8-the account that this toon is on has a 710 skillcap [3-months till 715]

now skillwise so far i have
1-music [have eaten a 115]
2-peace [have eaten a 115]
3-provo [have eaten a 115]
4-disco [have eaten a 115]
what i also wish to add is
5-ninjitsu [50 for the smokebombs]
6-hiding [prolly will GM it]
7-stealth [40 real+20 from legs]
[was thinking stealth up to things,,provo,,then rehide-smokebomb]
and on top of that i was thinking possibly
8-magery
[and hold a -20 mage weapon x-bow made out of bloodwood]

now for armor so far
shadow dancer leggings for the +20 stealth
faction heart of the lion for the 15% dci
the 300 luck mempo
atm both ring and bracelet have massive skill bonuses
[+13 all bard skills on both]

was thinking of adding the faction dci 25% glasses for now
getting the faction stormgrips/tally for hci
or just imbuing some lrc pieces
and imbuing whatever pieces i havent covered yet

now,,,also was thinking of using arcane boots as i wont be at 100 lrc for now
but
i'd like to hear from an experienced full bardic player [if any are out there]
on the pros-cons of the setup and what they use as complimentary skills
what really is the best race for the template
how effective will magery really be without eval/should i just drop it and go with archery? or can the benefit of some magery really help the char
after i work up the skills to where they are maxed out i have a 120 imbuer so i can make hci-dci-lmc jewelry later on if need be or would keeping 104 skillpoints extra on the jewelry be a better idea to have more room for the complimentary skills??
How high should i take ninjitsu?Stats,,ect?

This isnt a template i`m familliar with and wanted some pointers if anyone can help.
Thank you for your time.
Paps.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Race doesn't matter. Though personally I prefer humans.

I wouldn't bother with Peace.

If you stay hidden your Provokes will stop.

Magery still has a lot of use without Eval, Heal, Cure, Teleport, Invis, Gate, Recall, Mark, Summons (for every damage type), Mindblast, Poison, Energy Field, Wall Of Stone.

Magery is also used as your melee defense when using a Mage Weapon.

No one tries to PvP on a Bard because they won't implement it properly, however I have killed people (Tram Tamers & Archers) who tried to kill me coming out of Blighted before, with no Eval, using only Poison and Mindblast.

There is a template sticky you should probably read at the top of this forum.

I would reccomend 120 Music/Discord/Provoke/Magery minimum, with Med and the last skill could be Eval, Resist or Spellweaving.

If you go the dexxer route have Chiv instead of Magery, at least 65 imo, and 4/6 casting.

Stats will vary but for Mage templates if you've eaten a 25 Stat you can't go wrong with 120/15/120.

Discord/Provoke are extremely powerful when used together, especially during events and invasions, where you can Discord the thing that gives the drop and Provoke everything else on it.

When you fail a Provoke attempt the first target will flag on you, Invising repeatedly is the best option (better than waiting for the skill delay to let you use Peace), which is why I advise Mage and Med.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the stealth bard template i dont think will work that well for ya

your discord will not stay on the mobs once you hide.

and the bard timer is on the same timer as hiding, so if you pop a hide your waiting 10 seconds to pop off a bard attempt

R

Rainfo X

Yah, what Poo said. That template isnt as mutually symbiotic (works well together) as mage/bard. And what LG said, Something like that. Personally if I start playing again Id go with Spellweaving as the last skill. Also go for 120s. Its absolutely necessary or else youre still gonna 'fizzle' at bard skillz. GL to ya:thumbup1:

As far as the gear goes, that is part of the game that I am skeptical about, i would just get a high meddable suit with the best resists man and your fc/fcr. youre not going to want to hang onto the skill bonuses, unless you are really going with the ninjitsu points, a waste on that character, you should be able to pour all ur points into real skills and wear equips for active bonuses.

as for leveling up, that is one of the first things you should do before you can really play as it sounds like you are envisioning. it's up to you how u want to go about it. the information is here to tell you how.

bards :grouphug: