• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

template question

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
after a few yrs of playing im thinking of giving faction/pvp a chance.right now im gona use an archer/dexxer type till i learn the ropes.
715 cap,all real
archery 115
swords 100
tacts 100
resist 100
anat 100
heal 100
bush 100

so my question:if you were me and were inexperienced at this ,would you keep as is,and go between a bow and a bokuto,on special moves,or would you do somthing like drop swords and go full archer,and bring resist archery,tacts and such to 120 and just go back and forth between bows?i know archers are at times frowned upon,but im trying to crawl before i walk,and not get discouraged from the death robes i collect,and just wanted to build a basic char.to get in the game with.
thanks

Andy316

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 ARCHERY [use headdress if u have to]
120 FENCING
90 tactics
120 Anatomy
90 healing
120 ninjitsu
60 Chiv

This is a simple template. Run around with a fork disarm/bleed and moving shot/ai spam.

Downfall is that it doesn't have resist. Keep in mind, you can always make the template better. I.E.: using +skill jewelry

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andy's build isn't bad, but I would drop ninja to 80 so you can still use animal form and smoke bombs next to houses (assuming you're human).

I would take those 40 points, and drop chiv, and put GM resist on. With sleep set up like it is, resist is pretty important. If someone plagues you and you apple then you get slept, you're pretty much screwed. Also GM resist will make mana vamp much less effective. For paralyze you can still pop a box.

I would also probly swap tactics and anat around, go 120 tact and 90 anat. I believe tact gives a better dmg bonus, which is important for the moving shot.

Try to get your stam over 180 so you can shoot faster.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd recommend setting this up as

120 fenc
120arch
120anat
120resist
100heal
100tact
80ninja
(this assumes 760 skill points) if you must stick to 720 skill cap, run the following, allthough with imbuing, 760 is not hard, and if you decide, wth, im just not gunna run dci, dmg inc, or god forbid EP, you can far exceed this. whatever you do, do not sacrifice damage increase in the case of an archer, the dmg inc mod is much more potent than the tactics skill to get your tactics to 120, it is not worth it. 100 tactics tho, in my opinion, is essential.

like i said, if you can only do 720 skill, run something like this
120 fenc
120 arch
100 resist
100 anat
100 heal
100 tact
80 ninja

get tactics to 100, leave anat at 120. The difference between that and 120 tact/100 anat is actually very very small (talking a POSSIBLE 1-2 dmg, and thats not guaranteed) where healing would be 3-6hp more healed with 120 anat. The heal bonus is more substantial than the dmg bonus, and the damage increase mod (25dmg = 100% intensity) is better bang for the buck than the skill (15skill = 140intensity)

As a tip as well, i try to always avoid 90 tactics. 100 tactics is a big jump from 90, as compared to 100-110.

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks guys,thats was alot of help.I just wasnt sure if i needed parry since i had fencing,but i guess since i have archery as well,hes a stick and move type of char.Anyway you guys gave me good ideas and thanks agian.

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a question, as I am not exactly up to speed on PVP, but why 80 Ninjitsu if you don't have stealth or Hiding? What spell or form makes it worth the 80 points?
:gee:

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a question, as I am not exactly up to speed on PVP, but why 80 Ninjitsu if you don't have stealth or Hiding? What spell or form makes it worth the 80 points?
:gee:
if dismounted, one can go into animal form (wolf at 80 i believe) that runs at mounted speeds. problem is you can fail wolf form sometimes if skill is at 80.

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 80 skill isn't contributing to the animal form, as this isn't even the minimum needed to even attempt Wolf form.
If you are after an animal form you'll have more success with Ostard/Llama form however to cast this with 100% success you'll still need 107.5 Ninjitsu.

Just thought i'd bring it to your attention as you don't want to be failing animal form if you are trying to recover from a dismount.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 80 ninja you can use llama form.

You fizzle sometimes, but it still saves me.

Also can use it to shuriken a pet after you dismount someone.