• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Template Idea's

Mungo Tolkien

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All, I have just recently obtained a mythic token and was thinking of making a fisherman but as i have not had a fisherman before im looking for some advice on how to set-up a template.

I already have a mystic treasure hunter what i like to play alot so i guess i am just after something that will let me fish up as many rare fish as possible with some survivability. I have seen some post on magery fisherman and archer fisherman so please let me know what you use and any other tips would be appreciated.

P.S i play on Lake Superior

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I run both and the with a reptile slayer or spellbook you will be fine for fishing as long as you don't drop any white nets.

I personally like my archer fisherman better but the mage fisherman kills faster.

Mage:
120 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Focus
100 Cooking

Archer:
120 Fishing
110 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry

Neither template is full because that is all I need to fish and don't really use them for anything else. I hope this helps a bit! :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamer/fisher with a white wyrm/nightmare combo guarding you for boat fishing and a greater dragon for dungeon fishing. You never have to drop your fishing pole...

Edit: I will also add, that if you dont want to actually use taming skill, you can get a pair of bonded vollums to guard you on the boat as well. I use vollums on my bard when I swap provo for fishing and run the peace mastery songs while I fish.

A talisman is important.

Necromancry scrolls for Quest monster

Charybdis is unpheasable a beast moloch trainer. Because their blue.

Chivalry heals faster than Magery. As for damaging the monsters blades spirits works well so therefore Archery.

Signed,
Gerald

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house. I don't know why I call him Gerald." Name that tune people.