• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Help.

Returning Player After 8 Year Break. I Use To Have A Legendary Fisherman. Would Love To Get Back Into It. With All The New Stuff With Fishing These Days I'm Very Confused, Which Template Would Be Best For A Solo Fishermen. Anyone With A Good Fishing Template?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
i do, i use legendary fishing, 115 eval 115 magery, complete luck suit the fisher one and added the luck arms and leuracio's mempo, then i use gm hiding and legendary stealth, then i also use 90 ninjitsu for smoke bombs, to hide if hiding fails. when im in the dangerous places, i also use an ethereal mount to lure the bad things away hide and stealth back to fishing spot. the remaining 50 points you can put 40 inscription for that little punch for magery, or you could add it to ninjitsu but i see no reason for that. ive also seen legendary mage/tamer/lore/vet/fisher/eval combo too. some use chiv but that requires equiping a bow or weap while others use magery, i feel magery is a must as some fishing spots require you to teleport and i dont wanna carry scrolls. a book wtih all the docks on it is good, and a book with tram and fel cities, along with a book for recallable fishing spots for the rare / legendary fish and crustaceans. youll want a davies locker to to handle your sos's youll get while deep sea fishing. the tokuno boat is the best boat to fish in, it also has five cannons two starboard, two port, one stern its a well rounded ship, found to be sold at the floating docks in the moonglow server area

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
i always tell people this: a fisherman is designed to fish nothing more other than killing minor monsters and protecting ittself, one cannot be a fisher and fight champ bosses etc. and changelings and things like that. stealth and hiding is a fisherman's best friend. hope this helps. im bill dance

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm working on my fisherman atm and I decided that because I need a luck suit = not good for fighting, hard ot get 100%LRC + resist + luck and also I'll need to open the chests = lockpicking and I'll use stealth then it should in fact be a more versatile character and I'll have something like :

Fishing 120/mining 100 (soulstone)
Hiding 100
Stealth 120
Stealing 120
Detect Hidden 100
Snooping/cartography (soulstone) 100

And I hesitate between remove trap and using runebooks to travel around or magery.
Magery 100 alone is very limited in killing spells but still invis and EVs are nice to have plus not being dependent on scrolls to recall and being able to heal, res etc ... but that would mean needing a 100% LRC suit and that will cut on the luck aspect of it so ...

With magery by using summons you can fish solo, even if you cannot kill the mobs you can hide while your summon distracts them, you can steal in dungeons from chests, mobs + the stealables and with other people you can even help T hunting , you "just" need other people to do the killing for you.

I have an alt with a disco/tamer with GM magery so I can do without magery and have the alt bring pets on the boat but 100% solo I would go magery without a doubt.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i always tell people this: a fisherman is designed to fish nothing more other than killing minor monsters and protecting ittself, one cannot be a fisher and fight champ bosses etc. and changelings and things like that. stealth and hiding is a fisherman's best friend. hope this helps. im bill dance
I beg to differ, but then I've always been known for off the wall templates (like my melee T-hunter). My fisher is 5x120+100, and 35 in med. The other 4 120s and the 100 are magery, mysticism, eval, focus and inscription.

my scrappers is a water ele slayer, and I can kill 7-8 of them with one chain lightning if they're groups right (like at ilshenarjustice docks, where the combination of spells and summons means I can actually fish there)

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
As i have said many fishers use different templates; the template i use for me is effective for the way i fish and i fish in all places. ive caught all the types of fish except the dungeon pike which seems to elude me. lol

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm working on my fisherman atm and I decided that because I need a luck suit = not good for fighting, hard ot get 100%LRC + resist + luck and also I'll need to open the chests = lockpicking and I'll use stealth then it should in fact be a more versatile character and I'll have something like :

Fishing 120/mining 100 (soulstone)
Hiding 100
Stealth 120
Stealing 120
Detect Hidden 100
Snooping/cartography (soulstone) 100

And I hesitate between remove trap and using runebooks to travel around or magery.
Magery 100 alone is very limited in killing spells but still invis and EVs are nice to have plus not being dependent on scrolls to recall and being able to heal, res etc ... but that would mean needing a 100% LRC suit and that will cut on the luck aspect of it so ...

With magery by using summons you can fish solo, even if you cannot kill the mobs you can hide while your summon distracts them, you can steal in dungeons from chests, mobs + the stealables and with other people you can even help T hunting , you "just" need other people to do the killing for you.

I have an alt with a disco/tamer with GM magery so I can do without magery and have the alt bring pets on the boat but 100% solo I would go magery without a doubt.
well i use the fisherman 4pc outfit, it comes partially imbued and i use the luck talisman and the luck jewels along with hitting the luck statue then i use the laraceo mempo and custom made arms my luck suit is around 2500 and is 100 lrc with almsot all 70's i also use the minax sandals. detecting hidden and lockpicking i use another character for lockpicking and detecting hidden is imo a wasted skill for fisherman, as the only place youll use it is on your ship in fel waters. all the other fish can be caught in ttrammel facets unless you go to fel destard or fel prism.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
and all the chests from mibs and sos's are not locked.
One exception. The boxes that occasionally drop at your feet when tossing the white net from an Ancient SOS are locked - but they only contain ML Peerless ingredients and can be taken back home to be picked at your leisure.