• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template help?

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am adding bard skills to my crafter template on Siege. Now, being on Siege, he owns a gazillion soul stones and has many skills to choose from for a template. I will admit that I *like* being able to hide, at the very least. (It's a Siege thing.) My original thought was to build the following so I could join my guildies from time to time on champ hunts:

Hiding - 100
Magery - 110
Eval. - 110 (100 natural)
Music - 120 (110 natural)
Discord - 110 (100 natural)
Provoke - 110 (100 natural)
Peace - 110 (100 natural)

Eval, Music, Discord, Provoke, and Peace are all boosted +10 on a ring; his bracelet is his *blessed* ornament of the magician. (Remember - no insurance on Siege and only one 'blessed item' at a time.)

The biggest problem I see with this template is no room for meditation or focus. Also, I usually run him with stealth but I can see *no* way to work stealth into the template as it currently stands. Of course, I could just not run with full bard skills. But I used to play a full bard on Nappa and thus, I know how much fun it can be to run with all of those skills on - target, peace, discord, then provoke..... I did many a t-map that way. But that was Nappa Tram, where you didn't need hiding/stealth for survival.

Anyway. If I were to run with only two of the bard skills at a time, which two? Discord, to be sure. But then Peace or Provo?

Also for other alt skills, it could be anything - Myst, Bushido, etc. But since we don't have recall or sacred journey, it's nice to be able to gate. I also thought about just stoning my current magery and raising some minimal magery to use gate scrolls, which is what another of my Siege characters does. But then, that takes away firepower elsewhere. *sigh*

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Have you considered just using disco/peace or disco/provo? I rarely use all three on my bards. If I plan to play an offensive character, I use disco/provo; if a defensive character, disco/peace. This would give you more room and you can always swap the two with a soulstone, if you'd like.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. Thanks. I knew I could swap them, but had not thought in terms of 'offensive/defensive.' (Probably because it seems we always need both at the same time on Siege, lol.)

Other than just general 'hunting' I will anticipate using the skills for champ hunts and taking down "them rum runners" (merchant ships) and pirates.

There is room for more if I go ahead and just plan on making peace/provoke 'swap' skills. I guess it was those fond memories of using the full set of bard skills that had me wistful. Okay, I think I really like your idea. It would allow me to run with:

Skills Mod Goal
Magery 120 110
Eval. 110 100
Med. 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90 80
Music 120 110
Swap* 120 110
* provoke or peace

And of course, I can always add in my fishing in place of the meditation. I like!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. Thanks. I knew I could swap them, but had not thought in terms of 'offensive/defensive.' (Probably because it seems we always need both at the same time on Siege, lol.)

Other than just general 'hunting' I will anticipate using the skills for champ hunts and taking down "them rum runners" (merchant ships) and pirates.

There is room for more if I go ahead and just plan on making peace/provoke 'swap' skills. I guess it was those fond memories of using the full set of bard skills that had me wistful. Okay, I think I really like your idea. It would allow me to run with:

Skills Mod Goal
Magery 120 110
Eval. 110 100
Med. 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 90 80
Music 120 110
Swap* 120 110
* provoke or peace

And of course, I can always add in my fishing in place of the meditation. I like!
what happened to discord mate? I would have thought disco would have been a boon for champ hunts and peerless bosses. While I can understand the want to have hiding/stealth would it not be worth using invisible pots and invisible spell to free up points, I am totally new to barding but I would have thought that a combo of Provo/disco would be better.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what happened to discord mate? I would have thought disco would have been a boon for champ hunts and peerless bosses. While I can understand the want to have hiding/stealth would it not be worth using invisible pots and invisible spell to free up points, I am totally new to barding but I would have thought that a combo of Provo/disco would be better.
lol - I just left it out by accident. So it would *really* have to be:

Skills Mod Goal
Magery 120 110
Eval. 110 100
Med. 100
Hiding 100
Music 120 110
Disco 110 100
Swap* 110 100
* provoke or peace

And no stealth - just the hiding.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol - I just left it out by accident. So it would *really* have to be:

Skills Mod Goal
Magery 120 110
Eval. 110 100
Med. 100
Hiding 100
Music 120 110
Disco 110 100
Swap* 110 100
* provoke or peace

And no stealth - just the hiding.
Seems fairly solid a temp, I know on siege you are going to have to pvp eventually but if your main goal is pvm you could always drop med pick up 40 necro and run wrait form, 60 steal +10 from cloak of silence and a bit on jewels and you get stealth too, mana leech from spells and good regain on your suit should be good enough. Just a suggestion though.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm always looking for options, so it's something to consider. I have to admit that one of the things I have loved about Siege is tweaking my characters. I start out with one template, then add something, stone something, tweak something else, etc. That's something I never bothered with much on prodo shards because there was no 'burning need' to do so. But it has been a lot of fun trying to tweak the templates on Siege so that I'm *not* dependent on too many jewels or special items.

One reason for that is that many special items are very hard to come by on Siege. And, of course, since there's no insurance, you can lose items quickly. And I'm not necessarily talkin' about PKs here! If I am going to lose an item, I would *much* prefer to lose it to a PK than some stupid monster that loots, dies, and disappears during a champ before you can find the body of the critter that looted you!

So it's turned into a fun challenge - how 'buff' a character can I build that does *not* need anything extra. Or, to put it another way, a character that can still fight, even if they've lost part of their gear. :)