• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template help. VvV template advice needed

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Righty hooo, last time I played a thief there was no item insurance so we are going back a while. I have a half finished assassin and I am wanting to turn him into a VvV Thief who can potentially ambush the odd player and get a few kills in also.... My current knowledge of UO crime is 0 so any tips and help is really appreciated. OK so I will list the unmodified skills I have to play with

120 fencing
90 tactics
100 hiding
90 stealth
90 poisoning
105 ninjitsu
90 bushido

i would like to keep poison if I can and also I think ninja will be useful for the animal forms and mirror image shadow jum ect. I guess everything else is fair mage but i am guessing hiding and stealth are keepers too. but I wil sacrifice anything else if needed I really have no idea where to go with this so if anyone can make any suggestions I would appreciate it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not tried to steal the sigils in the VvV towns but don't you need detect hidden?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am wanting to turn him into a VvV Thief who can potentially ambush the odd player and get a few kills in also
You'll need to pick up stealing and detect hidden if you plan on doing sigils. Dropping bushido plus the extra points you have will leave you with 125 points. I think you need something like 50-80 for detect. Not sure what the minimum stealing is for sigils though, but you can get +60 stealing from items if you can fit it into your suit.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stealing from players during town fights isn't worth it, just pots, aids, apples, etc. Get a ferret form talisman to use when stealing the sigil then pop back to llama or wolf and stealth back to turn it in.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have liked to have option to be an all round thief, might drop poison after all and tactics/ bushido to go for steal/snoop and detect. Could still try for powerscroll steals at champs and general stealing then. Will try it out.