• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template / Gear tips for an old newb plz!

P

phazcow

I've recently fired up my old UO account after quite a few years of inactivity, last time I seriously played being probably 8 or 9 years ago. I'm interested in all the new bard skills and have decided to go with a mysticism/ discord/provo bard. This is the template I'm leaning towards, just wondering if it would be viable for mostly pve purposes:
120 Myst
120 Focus
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
..and ?.

I've got 710 skill points to work with, kinda stumped at what to add in with the last 110. Maybe shoot for 100 magery with a lot of +skill items and dumping the rest in med?

Also, what are some relatively inexpensive gear choices for a template of this nature?

C

Cyric_SP

I've recently fired up my old UO account after quite a few years of inactivity, last time I seriously played being probably 8 or 9 years ago. I'm interested in all the new bard skills and have decided to go with a mysticism/ discord/provo bard. This is the template I'm leaning towards, just wondering if it would be viable for mostly pve purposes:
120 Myst
120 Focus
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
..and ?.

I've got 710 skill points to work with, kinda stumped at what to add in with the last 110. Maybe shoot for 100 magery with a lot of +skill items and dumping the rest in med?

Also, what are some relatively inexpensive gear choices for a template of this nature?
Myst/Bard works well from what I have heard, especially with the disco mastery and the colossus. Colossus hits like a mac truck. I believe there is a myst/bard template in the template thread stickied at the top, worth checking out.

One thing you need to consider is the only way you'll get around without magery/chiv is by using charged runebooks, which requires you to have a mage to begin with to go out and mark runes, or have a friend that can, not to mention all the recall scrolls you'll go through. You could probably throw 70 or so magery on. That will give you the benefit of mark and recall. The rest you can throw into med for the added mana regen.

You might consider working up peace and throwing it on a stone. I have that with one of my bards and swap between provo and peace depending on where I'm going or who I'm with. Both peace and provo have their own benefits in certain situations.

P

phazcow

Myst/Bard works well from what I have heard, especially with the disco mastery and the colossus. Colossus hits like a mac truck. I believe there is a myst/bard template in the template thread stickied at the top, worth checking out.

One thing you need to consider is the only way you'll get around without magery/chiv is by using charged runebooks, which requires you to have a mage to begin with to go out and mark runes, or have a friend that can, not to mention all the recall scrolls you'll go through. You could probably throw 70 or so magery on. That will give you the benefit of mark and recall. The rest you can throw into med for the added mana regen.

You might consider working up peace and throwing it on a stone. I have that with one of my bards and swap between provo and peace depending on where I'm going or who I'm with. Both peace and provo have their own benefits in certain situations.
Good call on peacemaking, I'll shoot for that as well as a situational skill. I've already worked myst/focus to 120 and have used them on a treasure hunter a bit, colossus wrecks the spawn for level 5 and 6 chests fairly well on his own, I'm pretty anxious to see how well he does against a disco'd mob.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm pretty anxious to see how well he does against a disco'd mob.
a wrecking ball!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
mmmm plus if you have provo you can run the provo barding masteries and your RC can hit harder and better.

win win!