• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Advice Please

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I'm tinkering with:

110 Magery (120 with jewel)
120 Fishing
80 Poison
100 Inscription
110 EI
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
Staff of the Magi for the 120 defense

Obviously, it's too many points. The guy is PVM only and the fishing stays, but I want to do other things also besides ONLY fish. I prefer to remain a pure caster--no bushido, etc. Other than that, I am open to any suggestions: specifically, do I get more bang out of inscription or nox? I can't decide what to do here, I've been going back and forth on it all day.

Thank you for any input!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IMO, you get little to no benefit for PvM with Poisoning. I would drop that skill. I also think you will be mana limited for PvM. Be sure to stack plenty of MR. I personally would drop inscription for Med. So with a Mage Weapon for Melee defense you could run:

120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Myst
120 Focus
120 Fishing
120 Med

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotcha. I'll take your word, since I haven't played this in almost ten years! And I appreciate the input.