• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleporters

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I apologize up front... this is a most basic question, but I've searched the boards, the UO.com website, and even stratics and haven't been able to find the answer.

When using teleporters, how do you link two teleporters together? If you use two of the same design, do they automatically link? What if you use 3?

Thanks for your help! I'm about to finish my first custom house design, but the teleporters are one of the last pieces I need to finalize.

-OBSIDIAN-

F

feath

same design, links up.
% matches with %.
make the mistake of having 3, and it can get pretty hard to get where you want to go. it's generally why i always have 2 pads - each one goes up 1 floor, and you just step to the next pad to get to the next floor. then on the top floor, a new pad to get back to the first floor.

so...

floor 1
A B

floor 2
B C

floor 3
C D

floor 4
D A

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer stairs or ladders... but the teleporter tiles give me a lot of fun deco'ing over them without blocking! :D

And yes, if you place 3 of the same type, then they all link and the one you end up on is just chance. I wouldn't advise it, unless you're out to confuse your guests!