• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Technical assistance

A

Alvo

I just downloaded the new patch and now I cant connect to server. When I enter my password i get the following message:

"Could'nt connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few minutes".

Its been a while now and I cant connect. Ive rebooted a bunch of times and nothing has changed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect. A lot of times the updated client can't get through.

A

Alvo

<blockquote><hr>

Try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect. A lot of times the updated client can't get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case. I updated Firefox yesterday and since then, It hasnt worked. The only problem is that I dont have my firewall running. I recently had some work done to my computer due to virus and trojan problems so maybe they activated a windows firewall or something. I've heard that there is such a thing. I just dont know how to check.

K

Kat SP

To check on that, go to your Start Menu/Settings/Control Panel/Windows Firewall.

A

Alvo

Ok, I just turned the firewall off however i still can access UO or Firefox. Any thoughts???

K

Kat SP

Okay, follow the path I gave you above, only this time, when you get to the Windows Firewall screen, click on the Exceptions tab at the top. Check to make sure that the Ultima Online Client and Firefox are allowed as exceptions. If they are not, put x's in those boxes. I know you turned it off, but they may still be blocked.

Also are there any other firewalls on at this time?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, follow the path I gave you above, only this time, when you get to the Windows Firewall screen, click on the Exceptions tab at the top. Check to make sure that the Ultima Online Client and Firefox are allowed as exceptions. If they are not, put x's in those boxes. I know you turned it off, but they may still be blocked.

Also are there any other firewalls on at this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may also wish to restart after you've done as Kat says. Unlike *good* operating systems (such as FreeBSD), Windows behavior is relatively random at times.

Kinda like my wife...

A

Alvo

UO and Firefox are listed as exceptions. The firewall has been disabled. Ive rebooted the computer and still, "Couldnt connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments".

A

Alvo

I've corrected the issue. I started up my firewall (ZoneAlarm) and for some reason, UO worked. When my firewall is not running, UO wont work for some reason. Thanks to all that helped.

K

Kat SP

And there ya have it! Do something that makes no sense whatsoever and that fixes the problem! hehe Welcome back!