• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tech help request from a returning newb

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello folks,

My apologies up front if this is obviously answered elsewhere, I tried to look around a bit first but could not find an answer.

I am a returning player looking to involve several family members under the same roof.
I have inherited some old accounts over time from a sibling and started an Endless Journey account for another person in the household.
The 3 old accounts are Unpaid/EJ currently, and we'll be re-subbing in the next few weeks if everyone likes it. The new account is EJ and has always been. (4 total accounts for 4 people)

The trouble I ran into today is it seems we can't simultaneously log in. When the second player tries to log on it disconnects the first player and so on. The newest account isn't even associated with the same email addresses so it makes me think its an IP thing? We're using different computers as well and I think I used to be able to log in twice on machine years ago to make stuff swapping easy. Is there a limitation I am not aware of where only one person can log on per internet connection now? I'm not even sure I'm using the right verbiage here.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Recent change that allows only one EJ account at a time from same ip once you get resubbed all will be well

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To add to Anon McDougle, here's the latest newsletter which describes the limitations of concurrently playing EJ accounts.

Apparently, 4 EJ accounts could play simultaneously from 1 IP address, providing all the accounts are playing on different shards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello folks,

My apologies up front if this is obviously answered elsewhere, I tried to look around a bit first but could not find an answer.

I am a returning player looking to involve several family members under the same roof.
I have inherited some old accounts over time from a sibling and started an Endless Journey account for another person in the household.
The 3 old accounts are Unpaid/EJ currently, and we'll be re-subbing in the next few weeks if everyone likes it. The new account is EJ and has always been. (4 total accounts for 4 people)

The trouble I ran into today is it seems we can't simultaneously log in. When the second player tries to log on it disconnects the first player and so on. The newest account isn't even associated with the same email addresses so it makes me think its an IP thing? We're using different computers as well and I think I used to be able to log in twice on machine years ago to make stuff swapping easy. Is there a limitation I am not aware of where only one person can log on per internet connection now? I'm not even sure I'm using the right verbiage here.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
unfortunately due to a recent change which seemed to be intended to combat scripters using a bunch of free accounts, you’ll need to sub three of the four accounts to play together on one shard.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
In a rez emergency, you could probably set up a mobile hotspot and connect 2 accounts at the same time with one using that and one using your regular connection.