• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Team Siege... Let's make it happen

G

golfnutt64

WHY DONT WE DO THIS EVENT ON SIEGE??? SEEING THEY TOOK AWAY ALL THE BLESSED STUFF ANYWAY....AND EVERYONE WILL BE ON A MORE EVEN PLAYING FIELD??? IS IT TOO LATE TO SUGGEST THAT TO THE ORGANIZER? JUST A THOUGHT!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

WHY DONT WE DO THIS EVENT ON SIEGE??? SEEING THEY TOOK AWAY ALL THE BLESSED STUFF ANYWAY....AND EVERYONE WILL BE ON A MORE EVEN PLAYING FIELD??? IS IT TOO LATE TO SUGGEST THAT TO THE ORGANIZER? JUST A THOUGHT!

[/ QUOTE ]

RoT.

Otherwise I think you've got a brilliant idea...

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golfnut, doing this Atlantic allows people to either transfer chars or train in a few days. There are people won't come to Siege now bc of the months of training. They are certainly not going to do it now bc of some battle, especially not knowing how it is going to turn out.

Just curious about something. On average, how many barbed kits does it take to make one of those all 70's maxed out suits?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Golfnut, doing this Atlantic allows people to either transfer chars or train in a few days. There are people won't come to Siege now bc of the months of training. They are certainly not going to do it now bc of some battle, especially not knowing how it is going to turn out.

Just curious about something. On average, how many barbed kits does it take to make one of those all 70's maxed out suits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many, really. Maybe 3-4? I'd go with 6 barbed kits so you can make 15 of each piece, then run a calculator to figure out what's best.

Full suits with maxed LMC, LRC, and MR take quite a bit more, though (of course). :p

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Shouting on the thread is useless!

If the people of Siege Perilous wants to do events they would have done it!

Cooperate with Atlantic people and make this event work!

Learn from it! Bring the idea back to Siege Perilous, for we need better ideas.
They are doing this event, stop complaining that others have better ideas than
we have!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

N

Nerf-Herder

If I do it, I'll transfer a char from catskills and he will probably at least wear the old Siege uniform. Bunny ears and hot pants. If I use my archer, he will also run one of those "exploited" blessed quivers (lol Masumatek!)

I really don't feel like building a character on Atl for this.

G

golfnutt64

anyone by chance happen to have a char transfer token on LS....i have a couple nice charachters there...i would transfer one to atl for the event....
i dont have all that much time to train up 2 guys...siege and ATL....as im startinng fresh on siege.,....again.....and want to devel malachi...not a guy on ATL for 1 event. i have a charger there i could give yah in return..or sumpn...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Um cuz organisers of player run events and factions thought of it first ..elsewhere !!

Stop and think about it, for months there have been no creative ideas here for any events to be held nor created and the few that have tried, either get shot down for their efforts, or get dis'd cuz they in that guild that alliance here so the rest poo poo it all to it's extinction or it never gets off the ground ie no co operation here by others in other guilds with each other to host mega events, or even minor ones, or peeps are too gone or too busy to attend, so folks just leave or just have hung it up here long ago with trying to host anything here taking co operations, community, for quite some long time now.

Anyhow players elsewhere came up with the idea and came up with the idea and massive execution of trying to pull off this epic mega shards wide event on their turf, hense THEY are hosting it, they thought of it first.

*toss in ROT if Siege ever successfully held such a mega event shards wide invited here for their chrs. to participate in..have to plan it in JULY for them to be even viable chrs by Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!

G

*toss in character transfer tokens* etc. They *can* host such an event if others are willing to use up a transfer token, pop over in full fledged chrs. just for one fun event, elsewhere, for a mega ea customers factions war event and then, just jog back to their home shard after it is over with.

No one can DO that coming and going to from Siege either, no chr. transfer program to fro works for Siege. *as it should be* but it has it's limitations that other sharders would not have hemmin them in.

G

Oooh, the battles will be epic!

*pictures the EQ, wither, and that holy AOE spell spam*

Ahhh!

G

the trammies will be well artied but we can take them!!! i'm in, let's go siege!

G

Character still in training. Most skills in the 70 to 80 range.
About 80k in the bank.

K

Khaza

What skills are you training Ktorr?? Need any help with gear or anything??

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crap - I havent ever seen tram/fel before as it started when I was on seige. also it is sooooo weird how the recalls work (in books) where I guess anyone can recall without magery and almost instantaiously get out of trouble.

Makes me appreciate Seige alot more

Lorddog

G

*chuckles* It does indeed lead to an appreciation of what we have here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What skills are you training Ktorr?? Need any help with gear or anything??

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, doing just fine so far.

Skills currently...

Hide 91.2
Stealth 72.7
Ninja 70.1
Med 80.0
Focus 80.0
(Med and Focus will be lowered later. just needed now for mama regen to assist training other skills)
Wrestle 60.1
Spellweave 35.5
Magery 51.8

I'm going for general versatility. Spent part of yesterday killing Evil Mages to fill spellbook.
And the 80k in the bank. not bad for about 10 days of casual playing.
Currently living at the bank in Moonglow, Fel of course.

G

glorypaxson

I see alot of arrogance in this thread.

You guys talk about every other shard having crap PvPers...and noobie trammelites.

Well, I have been to Siege...no offense...but the PvPers there are no better....if not worse then most on Atlantic.

Yes, you fight without insurance....that gives you cahones...but it doesnt make you good PvPers...

Instead of crying foul here..cry foul to your skill gain system...

Myself and about 20 of my friends would already be playing Siege if it didnt take 8-9 months to make a character.

I cant play all day....I can play for a few hours a day...not enough to time to make a character.

I loved the Siege idea...but your skill gains ruined the chance of many of us coming over....

Sorry but thats the way it is. Cry about the skill gain system and get that crap fixed and I will play Siege in un-blessed......un-insured...cursed crap all ....day....long....

Seriously, if you dont realize that your shard would be booming if not for the time needed to make a character then you are all blind.

M

Midnight Rambler

A bit late on the response eh?

I don't really know who's blind to the lack of people on the shard, from what I see most everyone realizes that RoT in it's current form is destroying the shard and making many people play uo less and less (myself included).

However, that's all been discussed and your point seems to be that people on Siege think they are better than the other "trammy" shards. Now without using that lame terminology I've gotta say that there is a point to be had there. After starting this game before T2A (whenever the hell that was) and playing on Napa for 9 years or so I got sick as hell of how the game was going. There is absolutely no point in mind really of pvping when all you get from killing someone is like 3000gp and some aids and maybe necro regs. The game was a hell of a lot better back then before insurance and it's lack of has now created a system where it's just a bunch of lame kids running around in uber suits... There is a different feel here and while I've only been on this shard 8 months or so (and created a char from nothing) I can definitely say it's far superior to anything you'll find on a production shard. If only we could change that ROT....

I

imported_Black_Magick

O wow... tell me, do you honestly think that we like ROT how it is? or that we haven't taken the time to try and get the dev's attention to make it better? But I've been to different shards other than siege, and really i don't see pvpers being any better other places than here, however i have seen alot of speedhackers and exploiters while i've been to different shards....

T

Tark_Smash

I quit working my char on atl, not worth the trouble if there is not even a date for the thing.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

is anyone getting on there? ive looked for this "team seige" and can never find anyone. i have characters and supplies on there, someone give the word.

G

glorypaxson

I love the idea of Siege...

But some of the people of Siege make it sound like playing on Siege makes you a better PvP'er....it doesnt...like I said....I would already be on your shard if your skill gain wasnt so screwed up.

What all have you guys done to try and get it fixed.

I dont get why its not normal skill gain like any other shard.

If Siege is supposed to be like UO was intended...then why isnt the skill gain as intended fromthe beggining?

I am just curious if a new system is in the works....like I said...

I dont pay attention anymore to Siege because I dont have the time to make a character there...I dont pay 10/month to "get to play" in 10 months.

You get that crap fixed and I am on Siege in minutes....

G

I would love for U and your friends to come play here in the future. My shop can never have to many costumers, heh.

Here´s a suggestion.

Create a char here and work your skills up to RoT (70). Then while U continue playing on your regular shard U just log in here a couple of times per day to get your guaranteed gain. And in maybe a few months time while playing the game as U do now U will have a viable char here on Siege.

Then just take the step to play here full-time and the rest of the skill gains will come while playing here. Just a suggestion but fully do-able while waiting for the RoT to be changed...

I

imported_uohater

One thing that sucks about these other shards, is that everyone has everything, and they all use the "l33tst" gear...so without that to use against them, I dont think our siege tactics will work...unless this is going to be a nudey fight...skill vs skill...time vs time? Or did someone invest 3 grand to get us all uber gear...didnt think so. So really, I think we will go in...talking alot of trash..just like the rest of em..and then fail..then talk more trash. OooOoO OoO OOo. There is no doubt that siege is more mature, but maturity wont help against a buncha 14 yr olds, we are just weird old role players to them..probably just piss us grumps off because they talk better trash then us..haha

S

Sweet Pickles

I guess im a little slow. Can you exlpain to me what Team Siege is? ive missed something here. Im only a crafter but im meat every day i go out., and loving it.

H

HG's Daddy

I have tons of barbed kit armor, gear, regs, aids, etc on atlantic. I also have a ton of gold and arties. If this actually comes to fruition, I would be happy to donate all I can and participate as well. Win, lose, draw..who cares? This would just be one hell of a good time. Go Team Siege!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love the idea of Siege...

But some of the people of Siege make it sound like playing on Siege makes you a better PvP'er....it doesnt...like I said....I would already be on your shard if your skill gain wasnt so screwed up.

What all have you guys done to try and get it fixed.

I dont get why its not normal skill gain like any other shard.

If Siege is supposed to be like UO was intended...then why isnt the skill gain as intended fromthe beggining?

I am just curious if a new system is in the works....like I said...

I dont pay attention anymore to Siege because I dont have the time to make a character there...I dont pay 10/month to "get to play" in 10 months.

You get that crap fixed and I am on Siege in minutes....

[/ QUOTE ]

First: who are you and why should anybody care about your opinion of PVPers on or off siege

2nd: this is the wrong thread for pancakes about ROT, this is the atlantic faction PVP event that seems to be not happening thread

C: why should you put it on us to fix ROT? is your keyboard broken , the DEVs are going to read your messages just as quickly as ours

anotherthing: siege is just different , some believe better, not as "UO intended", just different that other shards.

in conclusion: you really should legalize it out before you criticize it, er-I mean check it out before you throw a bunch of mean spirited opinions at us

disclaimer, don't take this post literal

G

glorypaxson

I am a PvPer from Atlantic and I am in LNR...one of the longest running PvP guilds in the history of UO...I have been around since year 2 of UO.

I love UO and I love the idea of Siege...I have given Siege a try...I tried it again some last night....but I dont really like the template I started with....I chose 50 Magery and Mining....I should have chose Inscription and Blacksmith...I forgot you cant sell to the NPCS (wish that was different)

I am going to slowly create a char there...

Going for: (I am thinking I will wear the Crystalline Ring and Siege Bless it)
120 Magery (100 Real)
110 Eval
100 Inscription
120 Blacksmith
100 Mining
100 Arms Lore
90 Meditation

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am going to slowly create a char there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!