• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Team Siege... Let's make it happen

G

I have so many folks offering help. I want any one that wishes to help out or volunteer to be a meat shield to sign up here. I will start the guild if that is what it takes.

I know this is odd behaviour on my part. Think of it though. What a great opportunity to play and show folks what Siege is about.

I think we need a house in Fel. So no one gets excluded. That will be a start.

G

I will join and have some gold with me to help out. Also got a co-owner in a fel house, thats owned by Fantasy.

G

If any one volunteers a house for a base, make sure all good stuff is elsewhere.

T

Tark_Smash

Dont know if ill be able to make it. Seems I am pretty broke on Chessy. I have 6 bank boxes full of crap but no gold. Looks like transfer tokens are going for 10-12 mil, then you have to factor in insurance money and stuff.
Are we going to just play in Gm stuff? I really hate to start a new char and go through all that stuff again.

F

fantastique

Fantasy's house is available for anyone that wants to use it from Siege.

N

Nico-SP

I dont mean to be a party pooper but how is this helping SP and making the shard more active when everyone will be making character and etc. on atlantic?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

You can't survive in GM armor on non-Siege shards...the items dominate there.

K

Khaza

I'm in for sure..how often do you get a chance to be involved in a potential 1000 member war hehe

I'll volunteer my 18 by 18 in Trinny swamp Fel for a base or a place for peeps to log

As for gear...I have a fair amount of decent to very good barbed kit armor, jewels and weps. I'll go through my tailor bods as well and burn any horned kits I can find to make others.I would just ask that if people are only making chars for the event that they could return the gear after.

If anyone is training new chars, I can try to keep arrows, bolts, bandies, pots, repair deeds ect ect in an chest for anyone to use. I should have the makings for a few fairly decent 100 lrc high resist suits.

I can also assist anyone with the insurance if so needed. Anything else that is needed just let me know : )

G

What is this about? A single event? Or a continuous action? Any links?

Kind regards

G

Thanks Khaza

Count me in Kelmo.
Since I don't have much time training my char there though, I will basically just be walking in the way of arrows so they don't hit more important members of our guild.

Will all of Siege operate as one guild?

Kind regards

G

i dont know about anybody else, but i am insulted that a Siege Moderator would be doing anything to promote players logging off siege and logging onto any other shard. Sorry Kelmo i dont care about the circumstances its just wrong.

Plus heres 3 reasons it will suck
1. Sure you can get decent items and templates made, but not everybody, but i guarentee you that EVERY production shard person who is gonna try for this event seriously will have xshard traded UBER GEAR. Plus they have the skills, cheats, and pvp programs already up and used everyday.

2. Nobody has money for insurance, even if you DO get good items, you're gonna die so much that MOST of the siege people aren't gonna have 500-1 mil in there bank to cover the fees of that day.

3. Its a bunch of trammies organizing it and you rely on them to pull of anything impressive?

Give me a break, sorry for being such a damn [censored] about it but i just dont like this idea of going to production shards and attempting to represent siege there. If those guys want to fight siege players then they need to come here and man up.

G

I'm sorry GG, I have to disagree with you here. If we were in a guild that reflects the name Siege, our attitude can make the fame.

Remember the Japanese guys attacking the paragon Harry naked? They didn't dent him much, but they were noticed.

What distinguishes us from the trammies is that they are scared, we are not. We attack blindly and stack death robes. Some people will see the fun of that.

Apart from that, there is more PvP skill on our shard than any other. Pure skill, it will be nice to see that (in large numbers) against items.

If I understand correctly, if it is a faction based war, there will be plenty of trammies on our side too, so we can make ourselves noticed, even if we aren't the winning factor.

Kind regards

C

Cat Crimson

I agree that if people from Siege are seen having fun on another shard, that its a good advert for Siege and could result in new blood for the shard.

I have a small public house on Fel Ice Isle Atlantic that I could move some stuff from, friend anyone from the Siege guild and put friend chests in with supplies - kegs, bandies, regs, repair deeds, ammo etc. I have two other houses within a screen of there but one is a friend's I am looking after and one is my own personal refuge from the BS of UO so not being greedy but I will be keeping those private. I also have GM + crafters, I might have a spare slot on one account to make a new tailor and soulstone the skills so could have maker's marked Team Siege clothes for the pure entertainment value

I would be a meat shield even though my pvp skills are comically bad but I am in the UK and work two jobs so I am not likely to be able to spend time on Atl at times when the action is going. I would like to try and help out with supplies etc though
I can donate a couple of mill gold and possibly a barbed kit or two, making runebooks and taming mounts if necessary.

I

imported_King Edward

GoodGuy Writes:

(i dont know about anybody else, but i am insulted that a Siege Moderator would be doing anything to promote players logging off siege and logging onto any other shard. Sorry Kelmo i dont care about the circumstances its just wrong.)

I dont like your game style on Siege, but on this fact i totally agree with you. It is beyond my why ANY company or Forum would allow someone thats SO blantly playing on a Shard to actually MODERATE that same shard. Esp to a player thats so obviously in a controversal guild or group of ppl in the first place.

G

I will just take a wild guess here, that PR ie public relations/ and cross cultural exchanges, are not ye calling in life ??

G

So you would rather Stratics only permit clueless persons about a shard to moderate said shard forums ?? IE you would prefer Siege Stratics forum, has moderators that may or may not even play Ultima Online, have never played Siege at all, never seen it, has no clue about Siege Ruleset, ROT, Siege anything and have said clueless ones Moderate HERE ??

And you would prefer that for ALL the shards forums of Stratics where even on Chesapeake, the moderators would have to be from some other shard entirely knowing no one, knowing no history of the shard, nor guilds nor posters nor anything about even that shards Chesapeake and ditto for all the rest of Stratics shard forums............ ie you would rather the moderators be utterly clueless about the shard of players posters and the shards them selves that they moderate upon ??

You think this will make them utterly unbiased ??

Find me ONE human being that is unbiased on this planet...........and ya probably lookin at some God or something ...but it wont be a human being ..try as anyone may try as anyone might................... I bet if we conducted a search we would NOT find any unbiased humanbeings ANYWHERE !! They all do what they can sometimes its grand sometimes it sucks.............they not getting PAID to babysit us all................ yet they do try............... if anyone is upset about mods report em or step up to the plate contact over the heads of all mods and BECOME ONE...........good luck to whomever trys to become one cuz everyone HERE gonna call whomevers BIASED and shoot em all down........... and if they do not know Siege never played here no clue on Siege ruleset etc...........then yall would just shout at em TRAMMIE WTF YOU KNOW BOUT SIEGE...and hense they be still labeled *unfit* to mod in the end here, anyhow !!

As for the controversy of any mod trying to push any events here or elsewhere OH SNAP maybe they just care about UO factions and want hope that this mega event will draw some attention to the broken down faction system and if Siege is a noshow..............maybe all they fix will be unbefitting siege they will forget it as they oft do, esp if WE are not even seen, hense never on the radar ..........yes they all can come here.........but doh no one HERE offered to host that event HERE........someone else thought of it ELSEWHERE first and set it into motion whom also hopes for attention and fixes for factions.

Many a general had to go to some foreign land to meet some other generals they did not even wanna meet nor invite to come, they got above them selves for the hope for the greater good for all and sooooooooo generals met up somewhere anywhere hoping to find some accord on anything... hoping (the media) attention it brings ends up......... for the greater good for all !

U

unforgivenUO

holy crap
the sky is falling and the world is upside down.
I am forced to agree with goodcry and is your fault kelmo.

This idea is pure horse [censored].

G

Yes EVERYTHING is kelmo's fault.............. or Mo'gluk's fault ...and some of the folks here need to look into the mirror of self reflection, if anyone can find it with their noses so high up in the air ...........about everyone else being *less* than them or beneath them or worse than they are etc etc. rinse repeat, dis' everyone else everywhere here and beyond !!

And if the sky did fall some folks, surely would never notice the sky falling cuz their heads are perma stuck...... elsewhere !

meh..........yall starting to really suck lately with ye bickering sniping here at every one else ! *yes my own aTiTuDe is forming, from seeing so much fricken better than everyone anywhere in UO and the world...and better than anyone *else* here aTiTuDeS all around here, yall giving me a damn attitude too THX !

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

1. Sure you can get decent items and templates made, but not everybody, but i guarentee you that EVERY production shard person who is gonna try for this event seriously will have xshard traded UBER GEAR. Plus they have the skills, cheats, and pvp programs already up and used everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expect this. It will be the biggest disadvantage anyone participating in the event is going to experience. As far as cheating...don't we have posts here accusing others of cheating daily? Based on that, I'd say it's not much different....

<blockquote><hr>

2. Nobody has money for insurance, even if you DO get good items, you're gonna die so much that MOST of the siege people aren't gonna have 500-1 mil in there bank to cover the fees of that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is extremely easy to get...they'll make some while they're training, and once they're fully trained in some uber demi-god suit, they'll be able to 1v1 dragons at 1k at pop. You make a good point that they should be prepared to PvM a good deal to succeed at this event, but I think anyone who goes there is willing to make that sacrifice.

<blockquote><hr>

3. Its a bunch of trammies organizing it and you rely on them to pull of anything impressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't argue with this one. Who let them out of their cage?

I think this is a great opportunity for Siege recruiting, though I also see it decreasing activity on the home shard for a small period of time. The good thing is that by the time everybody gets back from the trammy shard, they should be so sick of it they'll be good and ready to jump back into action on Siege.

G

I just reread your words here..OMG I did not catch it first go round....

Plus heres 3 reasons it will suck

-------------

NO BODY from this SHARD should DARE be seen wearing INSURED ITEMS ...I do not care if they DIE 1000000x over ..........if ONE Siege player is playing there anywhere in factions they damn well better NOT be insured.........or they should NOT call them selves SIEGE !

I attend events in felucca Chesapeake still many a time ..........guess whom is the ONLY uninsured player there in felucca ............ME !!!! Good God man...if the players here worry that they will NOT be artied up itemed up insured and blessed and then worry about being ..............killed dirtnapped, looted, etc. they damn well better NOT call them selves SIEGERS all I gots to say...yes their odds if they do not have scrolled up artied up armored up insured arses in this event..............they probably be cannon fodder..........and so WHAT ? IS not what what Siege supposed to also be about............UNIQUE HARD SHARD OF VETS that won't cry whine or complain that they are ..........without compared to the production sharders.........and heck that may even IMPRESS them that the players from here entered that *arena* to fight as factioners.........with less ill equipped unafraid dyin with dignity as SIEGE instead of lookin all artie fartie blessed insured and dressed to the nines with scrolled out chrs. and still had the guts to SHOW UP and yeh DIE in felucca anywhere !! ?

Whether the event is impressive or not should not matter so long as those wearing SIEGE upon their heads ARE IMPRESSIVE with all odds stacked against them unscrolled uninsured, and so forth not COWARDS not afraid to try and to fight in factions *anywhere* with less !

G

IN FACT I was NOT going to attend I have not been in factions since I was in CoM when factions were new. I lasted 6 mos. till all the timers bored me to death !

BUT NOW I AM going to attend...just to *take notes* and *take names* I see ONE OF yall from SIEGE insured............................so help me GOD DO NOT CALL YOURSELVES SIEGERS even when u get back here............

I am going to TAKE NAMES THERE ! Mark my words !! If I see any of u in ONE insured anything at that event there.......*only one bless item permitted* you are NOT Siege PERIOD !

G

*smiles* All I ask for is armor, a bow and a team. I will insure nothing.

G

Be insulted. *spits* I am promoting the game. Fight your battles where you will. I do not have to explain my actions. If you can not see the good that can come from this, then stay right where you are.

I will attempt to bring folk here for you. You just sit and wait. I, on the other hand, will interact with many. I will tell of the great deeds and opportunities Siege has to offer.

Sit in Luna, GoodGuy. Fight those few who are there. I will show what Siege is about. I will die. That I know. I will die well though. With or with out you. I will fight in the name of Siege.

I have played this game for seven years. I have not seen this sort of opportunity happen often. Sit and wait if you will, I will take action.

G

I find it odd, that people take offense to someone who VOLUNTARILY spends their time in support of Siege, by being a mod, decides to take part in an non-siege event to help drum up support for Siege.

G

i know it came off bad but i was only speaking in jest. I'd probably attend but im just really not at all interested in anything besides siege uo.

F

fantastique

heck, there are some people that aren't happy anywhere or with anything unless they are complaining. I honestly believe this event is going to be more fun than anything in my UO History. The more people we have to represent Siege the better. Once again you have my offer of assistance if you want it. I will put my best chars. in the guild when you decide what you want to name it etc. Don't let a few whiners ruin this for you.

I

imported_Lage

I don't have a character there, but I'm going to try and make a new one.

As for armor and weapons, I will farm virtue blessed armor/weapons and use the 2 8th anni tokens I have on that newb character.

So I think I'd only have to bless my rings/bracelet unless there is a nice one that comes from the newbie quests.

T

Tark_Smash

I may show up depending on when it is, but we will definatly not make a good showing with gm stuff. I guess we can get destroyed over and over again until we get tired of it (10 min?).

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dont mean to be a party pooper but how is this helping SP and making the shard more active when everyone will be making character and etc. on atlantic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dieing spectacularly, and with humor will definitely make an impression. Better yet, dieing but doing better than expected in crappy gear will help siege a lot.

While there's plenty of good pvp'ers on Atlantic, the vast majority are no-skill noobs who can't pvp without their uber gear.

I

imported_Black_Magick

Welp, strike me down now... i'm gonna be running my lrc suit insured....

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be incredible promotion for Seige if 100 of us joined in that and it would have to have our Seige name on the guild group. But a ton of us having fun at that event could easily draw whole guilds from other shards.

Lorddog

G

<blockquote><hr>

Welp, strike me down now... i'm gonna be running my lrc suit insured....

[/ QUOTE ]

*shakes head* good gawd !!

*sighs*

Then ya won't *look like Siege there in INSURED items and can never shout TRAMMIES to em if YOU insure ............ie part of the solutions in UO or part of the problems in UO ..most whom play here profess they hate insurance so that enables them to dis' trammies or prodo sharders..yet if WE insure...........we become the same ..............no room to talk; if we don't walk the walk then..and insure ourselves on regular shards. Like I said I am in fel all the time on ches. oft the only nutcase UNINSURED....why ? cuz I disbelieve in insurance/cbds overblessings, it was wrong to implement it into this game in the FIRST PLACE......won't catch me insured !

I came HERE when players elsewhere insured my gm mark made thigh boots cost of boots 150 gp .......cost of insurance ???

Paranoia to LOOSE items even cheap arse boots, is what separates the men from the boyz..or women ! Siegers insuring anything .........elsewhere just blends us all into being 'no different' than that which we profess we distain ie insurance. blessings, whiners with fear of losing items, when/if we die to others......making us panzies ! When someone new comes here and posts they died got res killed drylooted all we shout at em is this is Siege, no insurance expect to DIE loose ye stuff and then we go to a reg shard as newbies maybe and insure ourselves .. ? no room to call ourselves Siegers then nor dis anyone whom comes here saying we lost something whom may be upset...if we INSURE elsewhere..we same as elsewhere then. INSURANCE = paranoid panzies hense prodo sharders which we profess to be so different and better than and we gonna insure there on Atlantic ?? If we can not afford to loose it bank it dont use it...dont insure or we no different then all the rest of the players insuring ! Just mho !

T

Tark_Smash

If we are going to wear gm stuff then we need to get someone to make it. They dont even sell that stuff anymore

G

Lots of players there have also volunteered to help make things for many guests coming from lots of shards, like some of us do to/for NEW.........take em up on those offers ask for ye 120 gm barbed with 100 lore plain old suits ......like we use HERE..tell em that is what SIEGE is about that is what we wear....and wear it proudly as a sieger... uninsured !

(my tailors are all on ches. or I'd be whippin up that armor there)

G

oh I think Hattori said his rl wife has a luna shop there on Atlantic or somewhere on that shard........check with him, even if he logs in as her
bet tailoring be in them skills somewhere or she would know whom could help get it made up and do some Sieger appropo armor for yall !

G

I´ve already decided that I will x-shard my archer from Europa to Atlantic.

But how he is to be played there is not decided yet. Not sure if I´m gonna join the Siege team or the Europa team. But tbh, I think I would be having more fun joining Siege than Europa. I will wait and see but you can *almost* count me in...

F

fantastique

If anyone wants GM armor I have several GM tailors/smiths on Atlantic. I also have legendary if thats what you want as well. Just pm me when your ready. Or ICQ me.

I

imported_Bluebottle

<blockquote><hr>

If anyone wants GM armor I have several GM tailors/smiths on Atlantic. I also have legendary if thats what you want as well. Just pm me when your ready. Or ICQ me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise on Napa - Elder Smith/Tailor/Scribe - operating in Fel - only too happy to dust em off!

I

imported_Bluebottle

I'm in - my ATL characters don't get out much these days - only too happy to meat shield/craft/thieve as needed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

oh I think Hattori said his rl wife has a luna shop there on Atlantic or somewhere on that shard........check with him, even if he logs in as her
bet tailoring be in them skills somewhere or she would know whom could help get it made up and do some Sieger appropo armor for yall !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, she makes barbed kits and I am working her over on her prices (which are the lowest in Luna). But you will not find me with a neede in my hands.

K

Kat SP

We have an SP guild set up for those interested in participating! We've already guilded several people. Just icq me or Hattori if you'd like to be added. All Siege players welcomed. 220-571-153

I'll let Hattori post his own ICQ so he doesn't thump my head! haha

G

<blockquote><hr>

We have an SP guild set up for those interested in participating! We've already guilded several people. Just icq me or Hattori if you'd like to be added. All Siege players welcomed. 220-571-153

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo!

Sounds awesome!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thump!

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think I might transfer a Chesapeake character over in a full artie suit. Better believe I'm gonna be running insurance though. It might possibly make your point about how we dont use or need insurance if you decide not to use it, but honestly I dont think the people killing you will notice whether or not your using it. All they will see is how easily you were killed in GM armor. Keep in mind the other shards didnt get the extra "boost" on their GM armor from arms lore that we lobbied for, so the GM armor your wearing will be even weaker than the Siege stuff your used to. The extra percentage points add up, 18% more resist for the full suit.

I

imported_Goron

ill likely transfer a char from chessy too... unfortunately he is still leftover from AoS coming out... so he has some work to do.