• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tc3 for free?

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Well ya sure have to wonder what Luc was thinking when he made that blog entry about making TC3 free.
Isn't he like the cheerleaders GOD and all knowing...an stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe originally there was a thought that allowing people to create an account and play in TC3 for free would have been a good promotional tool. Get people interested and hooked, they'll tell their friends and then they'll all want to continue to play and have to pay ...

Maybe the realisation that the backlash of the community paying for the regular cities would have far outweighed any positive publicity that offering a free test city to play in made them change their mind.

Or maybe the budgetary restraints set by the corporate "suits" meant this wasn't going to be a viable option.

Whatever, TC3 is not free - you can only play there if you already have a paid subscription to TSO (aside from the free trial of course), but it certainly does not cost any extra to play there and since the last update, you don't need to delete an existing sim to visit. So like Niki said in an earlier post, we're not really paying to test - its a choice we can make, an added extra if we want to take it.

Polly

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

If Sarah edited the post then obviously they changed their minds about it, because Luc would not allow her to edit his post and say something that wasn't true at the time, I don't think......if she edited it incorrectly he'd just go back and change it to what it should be, and I'd imagine she'd be in deep [censored]. So even if it *was* an idea (which I don't believe it was until somebody is not 'too lazy to look it up' and shows the evidence of it) then we know by the editing of the blog that that is NOT the CURRENT plan. What was said in the past is irrelevant if later on they change their minds and make a new statement. Same thing with the 'button' for TC3 arguments, people kept going back to that old post where Luc said not to delete a sim to go to TC3, and pointing that they said they were gonna add the button, but leaving out the fact that they later obviously changed their minds. With things moving this fast we've got to look at the here and now, not 2 years ago, not 3-4 months ago. Things change on a DAILY basis sometimes.....gotta be prepared for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

whether or not <font color="blue"> this post exists</font> is moot, and the fact that she edited it does not mean that they changed their mind even if she had not left this note

and i quote:

Cheers,

Luc

[[Edit from Sarah: Removed what Luc wrote about Free Play. We’ll write a post on that topic alone soon. Good news coming for those of you that want to try out TC3.]]

it has not been announced that this is or is "NOT the CURRENT plan", hence my original post

G

The fact of the matter is, this argument is over information that is no longer posted. What was on the blog and what is there now doesn't matter. As far as tc3 being free, there is no way. The game's finances couldn't hold the weight of free accounts soley for tc3. Or at least I don't believe it could. I have stated my opinion more than once in this entire thread and I stand by what I said.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

The fact of the matter is, this argument is over information that is no longer posted. What was on the blog and what is there now doesn't matter. As far as tc3 being free, there is no way. The game's finances couldn't hold the weight of free accounts soley for tc3. Or at least I don't believe it could. I have stated my opinion more than once in this entire thread and I stand by what I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they had the ATM machines set up, it might be able to....I think just making free accounts just for the sake of it is just silly? ..what would that do for TSO?

G

I believe you have good intentions Dutch, but I'm only refering to the current situation. If they had the ATM's setup, I more than likely would have a different opinion. Guess that's just me.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I believe you have good intentions Dutch, but I'm only refering to the current situation. If they had the ATM's setup, I more than likely would have a different opinion. Guess that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm totally agreeing with you. There really isn't any good reason to have 'freebie' accounst at this current time in the game.

I just mentioned the ATM machine because later on down the road, there will be a time when the game could probably handle it but that time is not now.

If folks want to have the goodies, then they will just have to wait for them just like the rest of us.

G

I doubt the ATM feature will be active between TC3 and EALand.
After all, there is no money wipe in TC3 - there are lots of sims in TC3 with beaucoup simoleons - cashout will not be enabled in TC3.
So, if ATMs were enabled, EALander.... ling.... ites would be able to draw from their TC3 sims and sell the fake dough to EA for real bucks.

(It would serve them right!)

G

oops! Forgot about the Cashin option on the ATMs.
I'm sure that option will be enabled

K

Keep It Real

whether or not this post exists is moot, and the fact that she edited it does not mean that they changed their mind even if she had not left this note

and i quote:

Cheers,

Luc

[[Edit from Sarah: Removed what Luc wrote about Free Play. We’ll write a post on that topic alone soon. Good news coming for those of you that want to try out TC3.]]

it has not been announced that this is or is "NOT the CURRENT plan", hence my original post

Looks like from what Sarah is saying here is that IT IS in the plans and WAS going to be inplimented BUT the timing was not right. So IS THERE GOING TO BE FREE ACCOUNTS FOR TC3? Good questions but the FACT remains that it was once considered and is still a viable option. FEEL FREE TO BEAT THAT DEAD HORSE NOW.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When I saw the official message today that TC3 will be offered free, I just felt like kicking this thread up. Reading it, and BTW Ronin -- NOT just your quote above, although your quote represents the pooh-pooh response that posters who discussed the idea in a favorable light were given.

Interesting...

Turns out to be a way to limit free trial abuse? New twist, but ... interesting.

G

It only makes sense to have TC3 as the free play city since soon the other cities will all be part of EALand with the new city.

As far as the ATMs being activated in tc3 i think they have to be in order to be thoroughly tested by the players choosing to use them in the future cities? How else can they test this feature with the players to see if it works correctly?

G

<blockquote><hr>

It only makes sense to have TC3 as the free play city since soon the other cities will all be part of EALand with the new city.

As far as the ATMs being activated in tc3 i think they have to be in order to be thoroughly tested by the players choosing to use them in the future cities? How else can they test this feature with the players to see if it works correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!!!
Tell ya what - youse guys go ahead and test those things with your money... then when all the bugs are worked out, you can send me an IM.

"You can take my life, but don't [censored] with my cash!" - Donavan

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!!!
Tell ya what - youse guys go ahead and test those things with your money... then when all the bugs are worked out, you can send me an IM.

"You can take my life, but don't [censored] with my cash!" - Donavan

[/ QUOTE ]

X

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I certainly wouldn't test buying simoleans, but I might try and test selling them if I ever make enough beyond the need for playing then to sell LOL

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm....I told ya so. Seems to me to be the right thing to do at this point in time. Free accounts only in TC3 was what was on the blog to start with and now it's in the here and now. But hey, even that could change again. I am all for the free accounts in TC3 ONLY and then in EA Land.