• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC1 Reset?

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never played on TC1 until recently. I placed a house and was setting up my chars there to match my chars on my home shard plus gathering a few deco items. Now tonight with this patch, it seems TC1 is reset. I have no chars and no house. So what is the point in TC1 if you can't keep your chars set up? Maybe I just don't know the rules and it is occassionally reset. But really, mimicing armor and weapons is not a 5 minute task if you really want to start experimenting with your chars. Can someone tell me if this reset is a common event or a mistake? I'm not likely to waste any time on TC1 in the future if I have to constantly redo everything. I was actually looking forward to trying out new skill combinations and tactics.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never played on TC1 until recently. I placed a house and was setting up my chars there to match my chars on my home shard plus gathering a few deco items. Now tonight with this patch, it seems TC1 is reset. I have no chars and no house. So what is the point in TC1 if you can't keep your chars set up? Maybe I just don't know the rules and it is occassionally reset. But really, mimicing armor and weapons is not a 5 minute task if you really want to start experimenting with your chars. Can someone tell me if this reset is a common event or a mistake? I'm not likely to waste any time on TC1 in the future if I have to constantly redo everything. I was actually looking forward to trying out new skill combinations and tactics.
TC = Test Center.

Assuming it NEVER resets is, well, a horrible assumption.
Plus, it takes a total of what...5 minutes to set-up a character, lmao.

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to get close to the armor, weapons and jewelry you have on a live shard it can take a while. Heck, it took a while to craft a good bow for my archer. One could max a char out with the arties but that is not close to what I have on the prod shard. Its not exactly a good test for my chars if their equipment is 3x what they run with. At least I did not spend a lot of time getting pets.

Seems like you are telling me that resets are common TC1, thus no need for me to waste much time on it then. Thanks for the information.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to get close to the armor, weapons and jewelry you have on a live shard it can take a while. Heck, it took a while to craft a good bow for my archer. One could max a char out with the arties but that is not close to what I have on the prod shard. Its not exactly a good test for my chars if their equipment is 3x what they run with. At least I did not spend a lot of time getting pets.

Seems like you are telling me that resets are common TC1, thus no need for me to waste much time on it then. Thanks for the information.
damn straight. first of all tc1 didnt use to exist and will only stay up for a few days before major publish. then it was made a server thats up all the time. BUT it was getting wiped once a few months even devs made an announcement on TC getting constantly wiped.

I was wondering why this wipe took forever. But either way its you fault to make tc your home shard thinking it would never be wiped.

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL was not my home shard but a mirror of my chars. I wanted to try to tweak them and try out different weapons etc. Thanks for the info.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at TC this way: its primary purpose is to test anything the DEVELOPERS need/want us to, and it is also useful to get a general idea of how something will work, but it is NOT intended to give you a perfect example. If you want to see how ninjitsu moves work -> TC = good place. If you want to see what having MR cap does on an elf with med and focus -> TC = good. If you want to try to tweak your armor on your home shard -> TC = bad, Home Shard = good.

Test Center is a TEMPORARY place to do general testing, not specific testing. Occasionally, TC will be made with a back up of another shard. If you get lucky, its your shard and THEN is the time to do the tests you want :)