• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tavern Night Rotations

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some months ago, there was a discussion about organizing a series of rotating tavern nights in order to promote more interaction. For various reasons, this never happened, but I figured with summer ending and the cold coming, it's worth revisiting at this point.

(This is the thread I'm referring to):

http://stratics.com/community/threads/the-subject-of-tavern-sitting.313494/

The basic idea is that we'd put together a list of participating taverns, create a schedule, and then each host tavern would choose their night for that week's gathering. I also think if we can get at least four or five potential hosts, it'll work because there will be variety and it won't become too much of a burden. Hopefully that was interested then is still interested now.

*Hint, Gillian, Hint*

Anyway, if you'd like to be part of this rotation, please post here, and we can start working together on a schedule. I'd also like to make it clear that this is open to any individual or group that is interested, not just those who traditionally consider themselves to be role-players. It's meant to be inclusive. So as long as someone has a tavern and is willing to commit, that's all that matters.

And if no one's interested anymore, then I guess I'll just wander around Sosaria each week, walking into random taverns and crying lonely tears into my cyber-ale ...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vesper isn't allowed to have a tavern....or a shrine...or a gate....or a dock that will fit the new war ships.......we are third class citizens of Britannia, who don't deserve the same rights and privileges as other citizens....so we have to stand outside the bank to get hammered.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vesper isn't allowed to have a tavern....or a shrine...or a gate....or a dock that will fit the new war ships.......we are third class citizens of Britannia, who don't deserve the same rights and privileges as other citizens....so we have to stand outside the bank to get hammered.
I'm sure any player-owned building would do, as long as there's room. There's also the Marsh Hall NPC tavern, which is quite spacious.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vesper has just as much of everything that anyone else gets. Most of the taverns mentioned here aren't in the respective cities. Build a tavern like so many of the rest of us have done or use a building in town.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just spoke to James Bunny-Man, and he's still interested in adding Que's to the rotation, so we're at four so far

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally we take the summer off but today marks the official end of summer so the Bloody Brew will resume its normal schedule of Thursday nights @ 9 PM EST. But as we own a franchise of taverns, we have two others (one that we've yet to have a grand opening for, The Oasis Tavern in South Umbra featuring its famed Oasis Rum and Oasis Hot Sake, and the Crescent Moon Tavern in Luna featuring its Moonlight Dark Stout and Moonlight Pale Ale) that could easily go on rotation. :)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Normally we take the summer off but today marks the official end of summer so the Bloody Brew will resume its normal schedule of Thursday nights @ 9 PM EST. But as we own a franchise of taverns, we have two others (one that we've yet to have a grand opening for, The Oasis Tavern in South Umbra featuring its famed Oasis Rum and Oasis Hot Sake, and the Crescent Moon Tavern in Luna featuring its Moonlight Dark Stout and Moonlight Pale Ale) that could easily go on rotation. :)
Awesome. Do you want to put both the Oasis Tavern and the Crescent Moon on the rotation then?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feel glad you are not Yew. All we ever got was a mud pit. hahah

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it interesting Aedon on how the "haves" always criticize the "have-nots" for wanting more???

When will people in game in and out realize that a society is only as healthy as it is least fortunate member. By building up those around us the greater good of all is increased.

Perhaps if every town had the same amenities provided by the crown then local citizens would see the benefit and return to these great towns of yesteryear!

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Timber... Vesper has an NPC tavern.. just like every other city. Now.. were this an argument on Moongates.. Or having ritual sacrifices on a dock.. I could see your argument.. but doll, it isn't.

Aedon! New event!!!!! Mud wrestling!!!!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Timber... Vesper has an NPC tavern.. just like every other city. Now.. were this an argument on Moongates.. Or having ritual sacrifices on a dock.. I could see your argument.. but doll, it isn't.

But Sir some wont be able to get to our tavern because we dont have a moon gate or a dock that will fit their ship....or a shrine to rezz them when they drink and ride.
Everything is inter connected my friend... much like my axe and your nervous system :)

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*laughs* Well, then you'll simply have to provide runes to your tavern. Like the rest of us do. And if they die on their way home from drinking.. well that's stupidity. Lastly, your axe does not work on my nervous system.. I'm the Mother of a teenager... What nerves I had... were eradicated long ago!

Speaking of runes, Pandora... you might want to provide a rune or coordinates on the taverns you have as well.. so we can find them when it comes time, Please.

Now... to get this thread back on topic where it belongs.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runes, coordinates, or a map... having someone gate. I plan to use at least two of those methods for about any event, tavern nights included.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But Sir some wont be able to get to our tavern because we dont have a moon gate or a dock that will fit their ship....or a shrine to rezz them when they drink and ride.
Everything is inter connected my friend... much like my axe and your nervous system :)
I'm fairly certain the Minoc Moongate is closer to Vesper than the Britain Moongate is to Britain. That being said, I think Vesper has bigger problems than that; perhaps the biggest being that the town was built on a series of tiny islands and interconnected with bridges. I mean, am I the only one that thinks that is an incredibly inefficient and costly way to build a center of trade and commerce?

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lake Town seemed to do ok.

Until a dragon torched it...

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You don't hear people from Cove complaining... Anyway... add me to the list. My first will be at the Skeleton Swill in Umbra. After that, I will be deciding the locations based on whim. Suffer and have a good time!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when is the first tavern night?

PS- Britain has a moongate 6 tiles away from it's bank. Before you jump on TW, we did kinda get denied at the meeting while all other requests were received well. We have an active navy, arguably the most active on the shard. We participate and support all groups and promote interaction. We were told outright over three years ago we would get a royal guard building in Vesper which never happened. We have a long history of using what's been available to us without asking for anything.

It's not about the stuff we get, it's what we build as players. To some of us though, it's the acknowledgement of our presence which seems to be overlooked by some. Not once have we whined, cried or begged for anything.

-Zuck

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if they dont want to give us what we deserve....then some may decide to take it by force....the kingdom is in a state of unrest...changes are on the horizon...town that once seemed to have the kings protection could be found to be isolated and vulnerable.... The king has the power to strengthen us all...or weaken us all! I for one will not aid any town that will not put their verbal support behind us! The king and the royal guard does not want to make enemies of us all, when the price of our support and protection is so easily granted!

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when is the first tavern night?
I was planning to wait another day or two to see if there were any other interested hosts, and then start putting together a schedule, with the having the first one by mid-October.

And I still think Vesper should host one!

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if they dont want to give us what we deserve....then some may decide to take it by force....the kingdom is in a state of unrest...changes are on the horizon...town that once seemed to have the kings protection could be found to be isolated and vulnerable.... The king has the power to strengthen us all...or weaken us all! I for one will not aid any town that will not put their verbal support behind us! The king and the royal guard does not want to make enemies of us all, when the price of our support and protection is so easily granted!
While not related to tavern night rotations, as a player, I do think the idea of one of the cities rebelling has a lot of potential for good story and character conflict!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahhhh but where better to feed the fires of rebellion then in taverns all over the land......

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Woo Hoo, who do I get to wrestle first!!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't hear people from Cove complaining... Anyway... add me to the list. My first will be at the Skeleton Swill in Umbra. After that, I will be deciding the locations based on whim. Suffer and have a good time!
Oh we Covians on Europa complained all the time in fact Covians invented complaining, and inventing, and we did eventually gewt them to put in a moongate in Cove although one way, vesper did too though.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. Do you want to put both the Oasis Tavern and the Crescent Moon on the rotation then?
Put the Crescent Moon on rotation for October... the Oasis still needs its grand opening, thinking end of October and it can go on rotation as well. The Brew will just remain open on Thursday nights as a "I am bored, got nothing else to do" type of hang out.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of runes, Pandora... you might want to provide a rune or coordinates on the taverns you have as well.. so we can find them when it comes time, Please.
Teleporters to all our taverns are provided in the heart of Vamp's Lair in our "A Thousand Ways Park" (the tele park in the middles) but certainly we will provide gates and runes on our days .... as should ALL rotation list taverns. :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will gladly aid any rebelling against the governments of Blackthorn!
As a concerned citizen of Yew within the lands of Sosaria I find it difficult to continue to sit idly as the lands are being overseen by a being which would appear to be Undead. Having attended the funeral of Lord Blackthorn it seems to me an odd thing that this creature should slide into the position of leadership following the death of Queen Dawn. It may behoove the citizens of this land to look into the possibility that what befell the queen was orchestrated by the being passing himself off as King Blackthorn.

It is clear that he has allied himself or at least allowed some of our cities to fall into ruin while propping up the heads of some of the cities, a few of these who deep scrutiny should be given to. Odd things have been happening. More so really than in the past, and there have been not too few hints that the hand behind some of the ills we face may be connected to the one who sits on the throne.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have noticed the reek of dead and rotting flesh at our governors meetings.....I had assumed it was just questionable hygiene habits of certain governors.

The very sewers and dungeons of our capital is rank with the odour of death, and with creature more vile then most of the true dungeons of these lands.

Something is rotten,,,,,and I aim to find out who or what is behind this.... I pledge my axe to this cause!

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As a concerned citizen of Yew within the lands of Sosaria I find it difficult to continue to sit idly as the lands are being overseen by a being which would appear to be Undead. Having attended the funeral of Lord Blackthorn it seems to me an odd thing that this creature should slide into the position of leadership following the death of Queen Dawn. It may behoove the citizens of this land to look into the possibility that what befell the queen was orchestrated by the being passing himself off as King Blackthorn.

It is clear that he has allied himself or at least allowed some of our cities to fall into ruin while propping up the heads of some of the cities, a few of these who deep scrutiny should be given to. Odd things have been happening. More so really than in the past, and there have been not too few hints that the hand behind some of the ills we face may be connected to the one who sits on the throne.

Hrm perhaps I ought to pledge to this "black thorn", after all. Having worshipped a good deal of chaos myself.. I can only jig when I think of the possibility that he may not be what he seems...

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so it's been a week and it looks like we've got the following list of interested taverns/hosts. If I've missed someone, or someone wants to be added, please let me know.

1. The Knights Rest (Aedon)
2. Shattered Skull (Gillian)
3. Galehaven (Thom)
4. Que's (James Bunny-Man)
5. Crescent Moon (Pandora)
6. Skeleton Swill (Jacuyl)

I wanted to start the week of October 12th, and figured the best way to do this (and to avoid any unnecessary micro-managing on my part) was to just make the sign-up first come, first serve for the following dates:

Week 1: October 12th-18th: Galehaven (Thom)
Week 2: October 19th-25th: The Knights Rest (Aedon)
Week 3: October 26th- November 1st: Que's (James Bunny-Man)
Week 4: November 2nd-November 8th: Shattered Skull (Gillian)
Week 5: November 9th-November 15th: Crescent Moon (Pandora)
Week 6: November 16th-November 22nd: Skeleton Swill (Jacuyl)

So, if you are a participating host, just choose one of those weeks above and then it's up to you to schedule the specific day and time within the date range you've chosen. Once this is done, we can put together a more detailed list with locations, dates, times, etc. If anyone has any issues, feel free to let me know or ICQ me at #6082388.

Update: I'll be updating the list as people claim weeks to make it easier.

Last edited:

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'd give Week 1 to Thom.. as Honor Days are during that period and it makes sense to stick it there(Galehaven)?

And I vote we do ours (Shattered Skull on week 4)

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd give Week 1 to Thom.. as Honor Days are during that period and it makes sense to stick it there(Galehaven)?

And I vote we do ours (Shattered Skull on week 4)
I can do my tavern the first week. It'd be kind of unfair to anyone else for them to do it during Honor Days anyway.

James Bunny-Man

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I can do my tavern in week 3, Wednesday October 29th. Que's is located at 29o 0'S, 42o 11'W, or at least near enough to there, you can't miss it. Now, I won't technically know when I get off work that day until a couple weeks before hand (or even if I do work that day), but I'll say 8 central because I'd be home at least a half hour before then...but if the current trend continues I'll be home hours before then and could open earlier. I'll try and figure out how to edit posts before then and update it accordingly in a few weeks.

Tebryn Denoir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hahaha. Yeah I used to get drunk in public. That worked out great. Usually ends up in a lot of good laughs for those unfortunate enough to happen into earshot.

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't see Vesper bank drinking night on that list.

Behold! The future location of the new Vesper Tavern!

View attachment 24665

I can't tell you how happy I am to see that someone placed a LARGE house on that plot!

Save the best for last. That's me, by the way. Although your schedule means NOTHING to me. This calendar isn't going to stop me from running all kinds of a muck in between and during these nifty little social events.

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the first five to post claimed their weeks, I gave the 5th week to the Crescent Moon by default. That will be our rotation cycle, at least to start, with the idea that we rinse and repeat once the first one concludes. Of course, additions are encouraged and I see no problem with hosts swapping dates down the road if they choose to.

The next step then is to get coordinates and specific dates for each week. That way they can go on the regular monthly schedule.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can do my tavern the first week. It'd be kind of unfair to anyone else for them to do it during Honor Days anyway.
You thought of just what I did, I remembered Honor Days would fall in week 1, and does make sense for that to be held by PGOH.

I would like to hold my Tavern Night on the old Night that KOY used to open theirs. Mondays starting at 8pm est.