• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Targets Not Being Cleared from Buffer

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I may have my terminology mixed up here, but "buffer" is the only word I can think of to describe what is broken here.

There is a problem in the EC with targets not being cleared from Lucitus' mobiles display window, and I think mostly when they die, but sometimes even when they just move out of range. When you move out of range of a target, it should disappear from the mobiles display window, but they don't always.

Normally this isn't too much of an issue, as only one or two will do this, although it can be a little confusing. However, when you go to a spawn and a lot of mobiles die within range, the mobiles window can become completely clogged with dead targets, and when you move out of range, with dead targets and targets that are out of range, to such an extent that you won't get any new targets in the display that are within range.

Well, I found a work around for this, if you reload the interface the mobiles display window gets cleared and starts working properly again, however, it was when I started doing this that I discovered a further wrinkle in the problem, and maybe the true heart of the problem. Clearly there is some buffer, or array that contains a list of all mobiles within range that isn't being cleared properly when mobiles move out of range, or die.

The reason why I say this is that even though the mobiles window is cleared when you reload the interface, if you use your mouse wheel or a keybind to cycle through targets, you will continue cycling through the targets that were cleared from your mobiles window, and these targets that aren't being cleared properly will block you from cycling through valid targets that are within range.

As EC problems go, this one is a fairly serious and a bit of a bugger... :gee:

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I found this issue the other morning. Seems to be brought in with the recent publish.