• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Targeting

J

JackSP

The people around me move so quick in PVP that i can never target with with a spell cause i cannot get my cursor on them.

What is the proper macro to target the following:

1. A hostile person attacking me
2. A non-hostile that I want to engage

G

I havn't PVP'd in years, but when I did last I used to have a "last target" macro. So you could cast any spell, do the initial target on your enemy, then use your macro to target that same player every time.

Hope that helps

G

Well most of us have that new targetting system turned off and if you have as well then for attacking a hostile your macro would look like

turn targetting system on/off
target nearest hostile
turn targetting system on/off

If you have the targetting system on you can drop lines 1 and 3, fairly certain target is the right macro sorry no access to game at present, target does have 3 choices one of the other 2 choices should work for the non hostile

G

If you're using the 2D client, you can use Ctrl + Shift to bring up their name tag bars and target that. Also, you can use the all-names macro and double click on their name which will bring up their status bar which you can target.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Been testing this...

New Target System on,
Target next mobile...
Mouse wheel up...scroll targets forward...
Mouse wheel down... scroll targets back...
Attack Current target.

This works for the dismount, etc... also noticed that if i keep clicking on the attack last button it seems to hit faster...but i might be wrong and i suggest you try it yourself.

For fast field pvp... change the target mobile to target hostile.

If you find anything, let us know! playing fair on the field means we need all the fractions of seconds we can get... no auto targetting system.