• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Targeting system warriors / pets (auto defend) so broken!

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i use my warrior to go hunt, like despise champ hunt - he can NEVER be in war mode, cuz then he dont atuo defend the closest mob. I have to be NOT in war mode for to be able to auto defend!!! - what is that`? Big Bug!!!

When I am at my tamer, if I go to demon temple on fire island with my dread (or dragon). I start fight, it half kill the demon, and it stopps - cuz its attaced by the mobs down...and ....this the worst part... It just stand there till it is dead!!!! NO AUTO DEFEND!!!

Honestly - fix this, so I can AUTO DEFEND in WAR MODE - and MY PETS FIGHT BACK!!

What is the reason for to have a warrior if you dont defend, or be a tamer when pets stand still and die?

~Mandrake

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried actually attacking the nearest mob?
have you tried giving the kill command again and healing the pet so that it doesn't die?

I will leave this here, for now. But I'm not sure there's any bug here, rather a misunderstanding of the intended function of autodefend.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried actually attacking the nearest mob?
have you tried giving the kill command again and healing the pet so that it doesn't die?

I will leave this here, for now. But I'm not sure there's any bug here, rather a misunderstanding of the intended function of autodefend.
Regarding warrior defending - it is a problem i encounter a lot doing spawns. I use a swordsman and whirlwind - but in heavy spawn, if you are in war mode - it will wait for you to pick a target. Even if you take damage from the nearest mob, it will not fight back. While, you not in war mode - it works most of the time, until some mob cast a spell from away and u are suddenly out of range for defending, wich for me is a lethal situation.

When it comes to pets, thats a different story. I will try to explain them here;

1. If your pet fights something and is targetted by something else - it stops fighting. You have to give commands over and over, and preferly say 'all stop' then command it to kill again - that works for a while. Try go to fire island temple, stand at top with a pet and fight the deamons - once it get targetted from downstairs, it takes many commands to get it to fight, even at 120 tame/lore.

2. If you fight with you pet, and you command it to fight a monster (and as for the leader of it, i would love to decide what order to kill - as it worked before), it will turn target once it is targetted and fight other stuff - or just run off try to get to it, instead of continue the battle it is ordered to. Example for this will be a t-hunt spawn or other spawn with different mobs, and you want to take out the highest threat monsters first as a poison element or ancient wyrm - it will not listen to your commands once it is targetted and fights as it wants - the AI for this is not working any more.

I have been a tamer since 98, and fought a lot of battles with my pets - now I cannot rely on them or have them as an assistant in the battle. I will more often risk to die to save them instead, because the commands that are give - is not followed.

With this I mean; when a pet is ordered to attack monster A, it should concentrate on the command - not run around like a maniac to hit a hidden rat behind a wall, or something it cannot reach. Even if it is multiple targets around, it should stay at the command. The 'all stop' command works, but once you tell it to fight again, it will listen for a few seconds till its targeted again. And by all means - when something is making damage to it, it should auto defend against it as long it is not told to stop and follow the owner.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I whole-heartedly agree with Mandrake here. Sometimes you have to give so many orders just to kill one mob that you trigger the spam system. Pet dying in a circle of mobs because it doesnt do anything to fight back is a thing i see very often

So I agree this should be considered a bug that needs fixing!

That you cannot tell a pet to come to you when it is attacked by multiple monsters is probably the exact same problem.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the reports.

he can NEVER be in war mode, cuz then he dont atuo defend the closest mob.
I have submitted a problem report into the system on the fact that a player's war/peace mode can adversley affect his or her ability to auto-defend.

When I am at my tamer, if I go to demon temple on fire island with my dread (or dragon). I start fight, it half kill the demon, and it stopps - cuz its attaced by the mobs down...and ....this the worst part... It just stand there till it is dead!!!! NO AUTO DEFEND!!!
There is already a problem report in the system on this issue.