• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Targeting in Classic

Paul_Va

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Up until now, I've mostly used the enhanced client, but recently I thought I'd give the classic client a try. I started trying to set up my macros, however, but I noticed that none of the targeting commands seem to work if I add them to my spell commands. They work by themselves, if I set up a key command for Targetself alone, but not if I add Targetself for example to a macro for Castspell > Greater Heal.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The CC macros are sometimes a bit awkward to handle
  • CastSpell - Greater Heal
  • WaitForTarget
  • TargetSelf

Paul_Va

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The CC macros are sometimes a bit awkward to handle
  • CastSpell - Greater Heal
  • WaitForTarget
  • TargetSelf
Thank you, Lord Obsidian. That command resolved all of the beneficial spells I cast on myself. Is there a way to automatically cast damage spells on the current target? The WaitForTarget command followed by CurrentTarget is not working for me.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Lord Obsidian. That command resolved all of the beneficial spells I cast on myself. Is there a way to automatically cast damage spells on the current target? The WaitForTarget command followed by CurrentTarget is not working for me.
There are two iterations of the targeting system in the Classic Client.

LastTarget gets the blue bar target

Current Target should get the targeting reticule

I use the blue bar targeting system with UO Assist. I found it much better to use the range check and target queue rather than having a macro handle cast spell/wait for target/last target. Also something to note, the UO Assist last target goes to the last recorded target. When using the blue bar targeting system the in game last target and UO Assist last target won't match if you are using the target cycles.