• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Targeting cursor

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I go to toggle quest items, the targeting cursor disappears after each selection and I have to go back to my character bar to choose "toggle quest item" to get the target cursor back. Same thing happens when trying to fill a bod order. I have to go back to the bod order 15 times to generate 15 target cursors to pick up the 15 items I have created. I only have this problem on the beta sa client.

Is this a timing issue that I can reset? Sometimes if I left click really fast on an item, the cursor will remain active. But this is a rare event. Filling bod orders is next to tediously impossible for me.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely some of the experts here have an opinion on the targeting issue. I am using the enhanced client, don't have that problem in the classic client.

Please forgive the bump.

S

Szarwyn

Apparently posting on the the forums in the wee hours of the morning after a 12 hour workday with 2 hour driving time is something I shouldn't do.... For some odd reason I thought you were having a client cursor problem which is caused by Windows Vista and 7 (right click and disable visual themes under Compatibility for any of you that do have that problem of cursor flickering and disapearing. Also disable the UAC) . Anywho. I've had this problem myself with the SA client. I run it with Legacy Targeting and Legacy Containers. As far as I can tell it's just a bug although if I remember correctly it did work the first time i used it. After that not so much.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your reply. I have no problems with my cursor in general, nor do I have problems in game with the cursor position or display. It used to be that I could activate the targeting cursor for selection of quest items in the backpack and then mark the quest items one after the other until they all turned orange. Now I have to activate the target cursor before selecting each item (the targeting cursor changes to a regular cursor after each click on an object). This makes it almost impossible to fill bod orders, for example since filling a bod for twenty items requires activating the targeting twenty times instead of clicking on the twenty items one after the other.

It seems to be a timing issue because occasionally, the selection cursor will remain activated for several selections in a row.

Again, thanks for responding to this. From the lack of responses, I am assuming that the problem is unique to my system and as such will simply play in the classic client when doing bod work in the future.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I was doing bods with my blacksmith and having the usual frustrating experience with the targeting cursor. I am running the EC client with legacy containers. I decided to switch off the legacy function and work with the grid view. Viola!!! no more targeting problems. The selection cursor works perfectly. So, to make a long story short, if you are having selection cursor problems when running the EC client, be sure to turn off the legacy container option, at least when doing bods or targeting quest items for turn in.