• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Target queue

S

Splup

Hello,

I know many PvP:rs and prolly PvM:rs too love Target queue option in UOA. It's a huge improvement already that now you can target with mousewheel, Thank You!

But I would like to see target queue option to be added, and of course then there has to be a possibility for button to clear target queue.

R

Rorschach-Europa

I know i started my own thread about this, but i just wanted to second. I think all PvPers who want this feature should second too...

C

Cloak&Dagger

I know i started my own thread about this, but i just wanted to second. I think all PvPers who want this feature should second too...
Lol, I figured you would pop in here. And since I am posting anyway I guess I will add that I would like this feature as well.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure to read the thread Athos, a very kind player in Japan, started in UHall that incorporates comments/explanation from Billy Teng, one of the UO software engineers: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148343.

Oh, heck. I know people won't click the link and go read it, so here's a cut and paste from Athos' post:

Hello, my friends,

I was in SA Focus group and read posts about SA targeting by Axel[Aka BTeng_EAMythic].

SA client is now in a stage of open beta, so I asked Axel to allow me to translate some of his posts in the forum into Japanese, to let people in Japan know more about SA targeting, through which more of them would be drawn into using SA client.

I could get a kind allowance for it from Axel ( Thanks to Axel! ) and have translated his 2 posts.

Actually, Chrissay has already posted an article about SA targeting, which includes what Axel posted, but I think his original posts would help us to understand SA targeting more precisely. So I'd like to introduce his posts here too:

BTeng_EAMythic
EA Mythic

Targeting

on: May 22, 2009, 09:02:17 PM

This is a quick post to explain the targeting updates that have come this patch.

For Legacy players who have often used Target Next, Attack Last, and Last Target macro combinations, you'll now be able to fully reproduce this with the new 'Cycle Last Cursor Target', 'Attack Last Cursor Target', and the already existing 'Cursor Target Last' actions. A second mini-health has been added underneath mobs to keep track of your last cursor target as well.

For those who use the new Targeting System, we've added 'Previous' and 'Nearest' parameters to your targeting actions, as well as being able to cycle through followers and objects now. On top of that, you will be able to use the new 'Attack Current Target' action to attack any selected target.

Similar to the Legacy client's specifications, these new attack actions will not query before performing criminal actions. This decision is still up in the air, so we look forward to the feedback on this.

So, give these new actions a whirl. Feel free to post any feedback on this.
BTeng_EAMythic
EA Mythic

Re: Targeting

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

Quote from: vito on May 23, 2009, 12:50:11 AM
8. Not sure if Cycle Last Cursor Target action is finished yet. Looks like it could be awesome. Is it intended to cycle thru all the things recently cursor targetted? If so, how many targets will it hold and how to you clear the queue?
The intention of 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' is to have it work exactly like the 'Target Next' macro that was used in the Legacy client. I guess both names don't really explain to the full extent of how this action works.
- 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' will cycle through ALL mobiles currently within your range, not just ones recently cursor targeted
- As you are cycling through these mobiles, the indicator to display this cycling process is with a tiny health bar that appears underneath the mob
- That mobile will be the target of any last cursor target actions you take from that point on (the two actions that are available are 'Attack Last Cursor Target' and 'Cursor Target Last')

So, for example:
- Three mobs are on your screen
- You hit 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' and a tiny health bar appears under Mob 1
- You hit 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' and the tiny health bar moves underneath Mob 2
- You cast 'Magic Arrow' and use 'Cursor Target Last'. The Magic Arrow spell will now hit Mob 2
- You hit 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' and the tiny health bar moves underneath Mob 3
- You hit 'Attack Last Cursor Target' and will begin to attack Mob 3
- You cast 'Magic Arrow' and manually target Mob 1. The tiny health bar now moves underneath Mob 1
- You hit 'Cycle Last Cursor Target' and the tiny health bar moves underneath Mob 2
- You cast 'Magic Arrow' and use 'Cursor Target Last'. The Magic Arrow spell will now hit Mob 2

And so on. Is this beginning to make sense? So, you're not really cycling through recently cursor targeted mobs, but cycling through targets to use your last cursor target actions on.

If you hop onto the Legacy client and play around with Target Next, Attack Last, and Last Target, you should find those same results.
Target Next = Cycle Last Cursor Target
Attack Last = Attack Last Cursor Target
Last Target = Cursor Target Last

S

Splup

Thanks for the info Tina, but that has nothing to do with target queue :)