• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Target nearest enemy (EC issue)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my guildmates keep attacking me when they use macro "target nearest enemy". (I'm red) It's very annoying, in group fights i have to stop attacking people and paralize my own guild members just so i can get on with it.

I don't even use EC myself and i'm still being affected by its bugs.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help it, it's because everyone else is blue, if everyone else was red i can go blue.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

Is it possible to add an exception filter for nearest enemy, so that players can define players/mobs/summons whom they don't wish to target when using target nearest enemy?

It is so frustrating in fell when u start targeting guildies summons (colossuses, evs, and red guildies), even in trammel events when my char starts flagging random red summons casted by other guilds

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

Is it possible to add an exception filter for nearest enemy, so that players can define players/mobs/summons whom they don't wish to target when using target nearest enemy?

It is so frustrating in fell when u start targeting guildies summons (colossuses, evs, and red guildies), even in trammel events when my char starts flagging random red summons casted by other guilds
Pinco's has this ability to choose Mobile types but the problem is, it doesn't frickin' work. I have tried everything under the sun to set it and never been able to find a way to use Smart Target and get it to not choose Summons and from what I see no one else has either. If I get it to not choose Summons, it won't target monsters either.
I even deleted my profile and started all over because Pinco said it was me and not his system and now that I have done all that work, still does the same.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this is very very annoying and needs fixing.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, Targeting guildmates and especially summons is a major pin in the neck!

I'd love to see a fix!

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears partying up can solve it, but who uses parties anymore :)

But yes it is annoying. Like others have said, even in Tram or Illesh, it can get bad. For example I'll be doing Humility champ on my sampire when someone, not even a guild mate casts a summon then all the sudden my target next wants to target their summon. Talk about insta-death depending on what is going on at the moment because you cant hit anything until you switch targets. Now I have to have two macros for stuff im not soloing. "Target Nearest" and then "Target Next" and hope the target next targets something else right by me.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found my old thread asking about this. Was only a year ago so maybe its coming "soon"??

I've also reported the problem about health bars still disappearing when you have them set to drag from the mobiles bar using CTRL + CLICK and its still broken.

Also I would like to see an option in the default EC to pick how many of each mobile show. In Pinco UI its possible to set it to pick how many of each type are shown. Type being the different colours.

And yes. I have also sent these problems to the [email protected] email which I have NEVER heard back from.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This, pretty, pretty please with sugar on top.
Also, being able to check a flag to tell it to also target blue monsters would be sweet too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that using targeting options was what caused my crashes. I just go with clicking the mobile bar now. Probably not a good solution for pvp though. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just found my old thread asking about this. Was only a year ago so maybe its coming "soon"??

I've also reported the problem about health bars still disappearing when you have them set to drag from the mobiles bar using CTRL + CLICK and its still broken.

Also I would like to see an option in the default EC to pick how many of each mobile show. In Pinco UI its possible to set it to pick how many of each type are shown. Type being the different colours.

And yes. I have also sent these problems to the [email protected] email which I have NEVER heard back from.

Pinco also has it set to sort them so the "nearest" is on top.... however I've noticed that because the EC is so stupid about what is nearest the top one more often than not is half a screen away while 10 other things next to you are 1/2 way down the list and kicking your a$$...

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swear I remember EC USED to do this, and the option is no longer there. I remember setting a maximum for each mobile type.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I swear I remember EC USED to do this, and the option is no longer there. I remember setting a maximum for each mobile type.
I believe it does... though it doesn't work... or hasn't worked.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the target nearest in CC, pretty much only for PVM though. My biggest pet peeve is when you are fighting in a multilevel area or against monsters that fly and it picks the monster directly above you... which you usually can't reach :/

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco has this feature but it's not in the default client.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco has this feature but it's not in the default client.
True, was never an option in the default EC client, didn't even work properly with pinco.

Adding an ignore enemy mobile list is defo the best way to go!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not just that your guildy flags on you, big deal? Well, once they've flagged on you, everytime you then cast an area spell or they hit area effect, you then take/give damage and the flagging just carries on forever. May aswell just disband all the guilds, as this bug makes being in a guild do next to nothing.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. A couple of really good ones tried to teach me, but I don't have the temperment for it. I won't attack anyone cos I don't like to upset people. Zole and Tarmon both gave up on me :D
Unfortunately a lot of people misunderstand the definition of pvp, killing someone isnt supposed to upset them. It actually teaches the dead guy what he did wrong or what he should have done in upcoming situations.

People who rage about dying with 0 sportsmanship are the best example, dont let them ruin ur pvp experience (just ignore them). Europa will never become atlantic's general chat, and more people should start pvping even if they know they gona die a couple times.

"It aint about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done!"

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately a lot of people misunderstand the definition of pvp, killing someone isnt supposed to upset them. It actually teaches the dead guy what he did wrong or what he should have done in upcoming situations.

People who rage about dying with 0 sportsmanship are the best example, dont let them ruin ur pvp experience (just ignore them). Europa will never become atlantic's general chat, and more people should start pvping even if they know they gona die a couple times.

"It aint about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done!"
I must agree with you once more with this statement!