• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Target by resource.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the change in the macro comppred to KR client.

Now with mining ones it set-up for mining, there is no longer a need to reset it every time a shovel breaks.
In SA the macro automaticly takes a new shovel !

Thanks for this change. :)

O

Old Man of UO

WOOHOO! I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but that was my biggest gripe with the KR macro.

Frarc... can you post your mining macro?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOHOO! I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but that was my biggest gripe with the KR macro.

Frarc... can you post your mining macro?

Sure, but thats very simple. Just make a macro and select target by resource as action. Add a shovel to the macro when it asks for it and set it to repeat 10 X and drag that macro in a hotbar.

As soon a shovel breaks it continues with a new shovel in your backpack.

O

Old Man of UO

Sure, but thats very simple. Just make a macro and select target by resource as action. Add a shovel to the macro when it asks for it and set it to repeat 10 X and drag that macro in a hotbar.

As soon a shovel breaks it continues with a new shovel in your backpack.
Sheesh... way to simple!

With KR, you had to set up multiple shovels, mine and repeat. When a shovel broke, you had to drop a new one in your macro... a real pain.

Does the macro stop or get interrupted when a shovel breaks?

C

Caelas

I've been using this Tar by Resource macro, and I like it, however I notice I'm pulling up a lot of iron ore vs. colored. For example, I'll pull up 30+ iron ore, but only one shadow iron. Seems a little odd. I'll get reall numbers to add here as I mine tonight. Also, how does this work technically? Does it attempt to extract ore in a circle around you or what?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it tries to mine in every ore spot within range of you one at a time

C

Caelas

Ok, a small amount of data...

I mined in a mine and along a mountain. Last 4 data points are from the mountain. I chose areas that were not close to each other to insure no overlap of mining macro. Mined until i got continuous spam of "There is no metal here to mine"

Normal Ore / Other ore

21/5 Copper
27/3 Dull Copper
24/2 Dull
21/1 Dull
21/8 Copper
24/5 Copper
16/9 Dull
12/2 Dull, 2 Copper
12/1 Shadow
14/2 Dull

So that'2 192 Normal, 24 Dull, 20 Copper, 1 Shadow My skill is at 79.1

Also, before i forget, I do just fine lumberjacking with the resource macro. Actually get too much colored wood since I'm still training up carp and fletching.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this will improve greatly the more points you have also depends on the spawn in the area at the time I have 105 mining and get a pretty good spread of ore you almost always will have more iron and dull copper than anything else but as always depends alot on area

W

Wolfways

I'm ay 105 mining (human) and the macro i use depends on what ore i'm after.

If i'm after colours i use mine>target spot, use prospectors tool>last target, mine>last target 10X.

If i'm just after mainly iron ore i'll use the target by resource 10X.

Most times if i use target by resource i'll get all iron, even if i've just use a prospectors tool infront of me and know there's a high colour there. When there's no iron left the coloured ore is also gone.

If you're after coloured ore DO NOT use target by resource!

C

Caelas

Your miner is human?
Yep.

Wolf, my wife does the same thing...well, did the same thing until she went back to 2D for mining runs. There seems to be a problem with colored ore and target by resource, at least from my point of view (and yours I guess).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope my miner is elf, and gets a much better ratio of colour:iron. But that's the way it's always worked for me. I always got more coloured ore than my friend who's miner was human. We compared notes for a while and then he turned his miner into an elf. Now he complains that he's not getting enough iron. rolleyes: