• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tapatalk broken?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We'll get it straightened out as soon as possible. @Ron Bron cranked the security up on the site last night through settings on CloudFlare. With the issues we were having yesterday, he felt it was best just in case there was a need. Hopefully tagging him here will draw his attention to the thread, and he can get it resolved as soon as he's available.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'll get it straightened out as soon as possible. @Ron Bron cranked the security up on the site last night through settings on CloudFlare. With the issues we were having yesterday, he felt it was best just in case there was a need. Hopefully tagging him here will draw his attention to the thread, and he can get it resolved as soon as he's available.
Thanks Nexus. It keeps me going at work being able to browse the forum on my phone :D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks Nexus. It keeps me going at work being able to browse the forum on my phone :D
Yeah, I know how that goes. All of us @Ron Bron included work a full time job outside of what we do with Stratics, and with the holiday coming up and possible travel (I don't really know his plans) I'm hoping he can get to this tonight

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I know how that goes. All of us @Ron Bron included work a full time job outside of what we do with Stratics, and with the holiday coming up and possible travel (I don't really know his plans) I'm hoping he can get to this tonight
@Nexus is correct, that is the result of an increase in firewall settings. We upped our defense in case the slowness/crashes yesterday were a result of an attack. We are maintaining the heightened safety posture for the short term while we collect some more data, but will take a step back once we are confident that an attack was not a contributor to our dilemma. Thanks for your patience.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Wondered why I couldn't upload a pic of my new house in the housing forum!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Please give it a try and tell me if it is still disabled for you. Thanks!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Please give it a try and tell me if it is still disabled for you. Thanks!
As far as loading pics. It briefly starts to load a jpg then shuts down with an error message. I'll post a pic of the error message... oh wait... damn ;) Don't know about taptalk.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just FYI, UHall site works fine on my iphone without TapaTalk as well

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am also not able to log in on Tapatalk which is what I use for about 95% of my time on the forums. I understand the need for security, but hope service via Tapatalk can be restored.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
might have something to do with cloudflare... having same issue with my tapatalk and when I poked at the tapatalk ppl, they said cloudflare causes issues.

hopefully this will get taken care of as I'll be using that service more myself.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
might have something to do with cloudflare... having same issue with my tapatalk and when I poked at the tapatalk ppl, they said cloudflare causes issues.

hopefully this will get taken care of as I'll be using that service more myself.
It is a cloudflare issue, unfortunately at the moment none of the staff have access to the cloudflare account to make the necessary adjustments.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All right I talked with @Ron Bron, he'd already made the configuration changes Cloudflare suggests, if you're still having issues, I apologize, but they may not be resolved until we adjust the security settings back down a bit.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Cloudflare firewall settings have been taken down a notch, please let us know if the issue persists.