• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming gains in relation to Animal Lore

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright I know the title is obscure, but my question is relatively simple

I am currently building a tamer, and my skills are as follow :

*Animal Taming ----> 89.2
*Animal Lore ----> 90.3

I wonder what would happen if I raised Lore all the way to 120, while taming would stay at this value.

In other words, would having 90 taming / 120 lore slow down my taming gains?

Thanks for any help.

G

No your gains should stay the same.
The higher your skill total the less often your GGS gains are supposedly, but the existance of GGS is questionable anyway, many think it's just a myth.

G

Once you get to 120 in lore lock it down, the system will still give skills that are at their cap a gain. Complimentary skills seem to steal gains from main skills and move much faster. So locking once they are at the desired level will force the system to give all your gains to the main skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The higher your skill total the less often your GGS gains are supposedly, but the existance of GGS is questionable anyway, many think it's just a myth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flutter, I can confirm that GGS exists, there is no way I would have made legendary tamer without it hehe
I stoned all my skills except taming and lore and some magery so that I was under 300 points. Ever 5-6 hours without fail I got a gain by taming 1 or 2 gamans.

This was just from 119.2 - 120.0 not from 90, but I agree, locking the complimentary skill does seem to help gains in the other skill.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Flutter, I can confirm that GGS exists, there is no way I would have made legendary tamer without it hehe
I stoned all my skills except taming and lore and some magery so that I was under 300 points. Ever 5-6 hours without fail I got a gain by taming 1 or 2 gamans.

This was just from 119.2 - 120.0 not from 90, but I agree, locking the complimentary skill does seem to help gains in the other skill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah

Every time one of my tamers gets to 120 lore I just stone it till I'm done with taming, so I have the shortest timer.