• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming control chance Calculator

I

imported_zamot

I too would like to know how to find this out. I have music peace and discord on my tamer and only have taming and lore at GM only. the pets were tamed by a friend and then transfered to me. These pets are well trained and I would really like to find out if I have to raise taming higher so I dont take the dirt naps while my pets watch.

G

You refresh it and use the drop down menu I just added for you!
Let me know if I missed any pets out that anyone would use.

edit: I only put together a basic functional one to do for now while testing it, when I was asked to post it here too I felt I should make it a bit prettier and easy for you guys to use, so feel free to let me know if there's anything that'd help.

G

has too mean 99 % as only non aggressives have the 100% control chance..

G

I'm pretty sure 100% is 100% now rather than the 99% it was before. But I'm hardly an expert.
It's on TC4 at the min, so feel free to check!

M

mjolnir131

oh and i forgot my manors ty for making that so quick

G

Thank you Noxin!! I asked him to post this here for us to use while testing in on TC4! Its a wonderful little program. So let's head over to TC4 and test these changes!

I

imported_zamot

Thank you Noxin that was a quick update.

looks like the only two problem pets are going to be the reptalon and the CU for me. From this they drop down to a 46% chance to control. I dont know what it is currently but I rarely have problems with them now. Will have to see

Once again thanks for the calculator Noxin

OK found the old one it was right there in front of my face. In case anyone else is interested here is a link
old calculator

This will most likley have little affect on me. So I was worried for nothing.

G

until such a time a pet comes in with higher taming needed than the fire steed... if you have 99% with that then everything else will be 99%

I

imported_Hinotori

That's nice! It's going on my list of send people to links.

I

imported_zamot

Sorry about that Microelf. I do have VET at 100. here is list af skills this is with jewelery and items.

animal lore 100
animal taming 115 (Ithought this was only 100 oops)
discord 79.7 (going to 120)
magery 100
music 112
peace 115
vet 100

I thought my taming was at 100. That is where I am going to have to take it to be able to get discord to 120. So guess I got ahead of myself on that one.

K

ken01

thanks and does anyone know how long before stratics updates their calculator.How often do they update at all as a matter of fact.

M

Madis

OK Noxin,

Come here and let me give ya a big sloppy kiss.

Way too cool, seeing as how I was sitting down and doing the figures by hand, then it hit me, "I know damn good and well that someone in the Tamer Forum has done all the work and made it easy for us morons to use.

My hat is off to you and my bard will sing your praises. Good work, job well done.

K

ken01

ok so how do we fix the official one on stratics so you dont need to go offsite.Does a player volunteer or what . I know the vast majority of people like noxin (and thks again) set up good sites . IT is easier to stay on stratics and less risky as far as viruses and other evil beasties.

G

El is our Admin and heads up the "content editors" team.

How I got involved with editing content was by just doing it. Find something you think is out of date and needs to be replaced and rewrite it in MS word.

Submit it to El for approval. She checks it out and will get intouch with you.

Or incase of a calculator....make one and make it work...test it and prove it...and again submit it!

Good luck!
TW

F

Flowerpower

Really nice & helpful proggy! ty
glad i could use an armor part out of ur Luna vendor

Id like to add, training my liddle sweet repta all day now, that if it gives u 100% chance, it really seems to be 99% like before. repta refused to guard me 2 times (im on 100%) and got back from wonderful to extremely happy each time.

H

Harvest Moon

Has it been confirmed whether or not these changes will go to the production shards? Has anyone changed their templates because of the new calculator? I have a couple templates that will need to be changed.

G

as far as I know there is no such thing as 100 percent control as part of the change for the pets that have been 99%... only via the 50/50 equaliling 100 percent in the formula as in the split of what skills...

K

Kayne

I would like to point out a mistake in your taming calculator

70 + ((28 * (93.9 - 95.1)) + (14 * (88.5 - 95.1)) / 2) = 7 %

that does not equal 7 at all. It equals -9.8 i have even got someone else to add it up so i know its not just me.

G

Is this calc accurate with whats currently published on production shards?

G

Hey guys, Just started up a tamer and I can't understand that chart for the life of me.

Can someone please just state in plain English what I need to tame from 85 to reach GM Taming and Lore, and where the best places to find said creatures is?

Thanks!

G

Green Meanie

im not mad at you becouse i should have checked myself but i am posting this now becouse i dont want it to happen to another. The dread war horse has a difficulty of 107.1 not 105.1. I ran out to play with this number and being on a dexer tamer couldnt make food to make my pet happy it went wild before i could get it out of a dangrous spot and died :sad3::sad3::sad3::sad4::sad4::sad4:

Thank you for your awsom tool may it get better as the days go on

C

Chocolate Moose

how do you find out dread horses thats the one i need to know lol

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, the link for this calculator hasn't been working for a while so I'm unsticking it now. If there's a new URL for this Noxin, gimmie a poke and I'll add it to the new FAQ :)

Wenchy