• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming above GM?

Y

Yoss_UO

So, I'm taming bulls atm, but what is best to tame once bulls no longer give good gains? I've read ridgebacks in central ilshenar is the spot to go, but the east side doesn't appear to be accessible! I read there was a quest to gain access, but that the quest was acquired in Ver Lor Reg, which basically doesn't exist anymore... not as it was anyway. Does anyone have advice on what/where to go tame after bulls?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, as soon as I can, I jewel up and tame cu sidhes in the Twisted Wield (requires that you are an elf).

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I'm taming bulls atm, but what is best to tame once bulls no longer give good gains? I've read ridgebacks in central ilshenar is the spot to go, but the east side doesn't appear to be accessible! I read there was a quest to gain access, but that the quest was acquired in Ver Lor Reg, which basically doesn't exist anymore... not as it was anyway. Does anyone have advice on what/where to go tame after bulls?
i normally ggs on bulls and use jewels till hit the point i wish !!!
cant rember how many tamers i have :)

S

swateam46

Personally, as soon as I can, I jewel up and tame cu sidhes in the Twisted Wield (requires that you are an elf).
kitiara, we think alike.... the only problem I have is that I've been taming there for a week straight...on thing I get is my daily ggs....is that the best we can do at the moment?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm even jeweled up, your skill gain check should be the same as it would be based on your natural skill level. I know there was a bug a few years back where you couldn't gain above 117 on cu's and some other high end pets (aside from GGS), and dev's had confirmed there was something wrong with the skill gain check. Not sure if that ever got fixed, but that shouldn't be your problem if natural skill is below 117.

Y

Yoss_UO

Well, I have been hunting Cu Sidhes to gain honor, I suppose I should start taming 'em first. Thanks for the advice :)