• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming a Rune beetle Query...

• Thread starter lancelot99
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

lancelot99

Just back on Europa after a prolonged break and my main char was a Tamer/discord bard but not really fancy hunting with GD and always prefered other combinations but need some advice please with regards to taming a top class Rune beetle/Kitsune...

1. i have read somewhere that you should look at the pre-tame bard/tame score to determine if it is a good Beetle? The highet the better beetle/Kitsune and if so, what score should i be looking for?... ?

2. Will dreadmares/Poison dragons (not sure the names) ever be available again?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Poison dragons were Bane Dragons I think if that's what you mean.
As to whether they will be available again who knows? It could be one of those "We got some stuff planned for the future but don't want to talk about it" things.
Uh, there is a lovely site to help with your questions and much more. UOCraft.com has a pet calculator area and when you look up the pet you are wanting to find out more about, you put it's stats in and then it gives a read out of it's overall rating vs. the highest confirmed version of that pet and gives it a ranking based on 1 to 5 star ranking system. And in that screen after you've input your info and it gives you the read out I believe it also gives a list of minimum things to look for both pre-tame and after. Hope this helps meow.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just back on Europa after a prolonged break and my main char was a Tamer/discord bard but not really fancy hunting with GD and always prefered other combinations but need some advice please with regards to taming a top class Rune beetle/Kitsune...

1. i have read somewhere that you should look at the pre-tame bard/tame score to determine if it is a good Beetle? The highet the better beetle/Kitsune and if so, what score should i be looking for?... ?

The only figures I look at to determine the value of a pet are the stats and skills. I compare those to the maximums, then it's a case of taming the best I find on day 1 and if I want to keep hunting my objective is to improve on the beetle I have. The pet power calculator is handy for a quick summary of a pet's stats and it'll give you a score for the pet. But always look at the pet stats in detail, not just the "score" it gets :)

As for dreads/bane dragons I doubt we'll get them back. There was mention that banes still spawned somewhere, but I've never bothered to look for them tbh so I can't verify its existence heh. Dreads are silly expensive but you should be able to buy a bane for a reasonable price.

Wenchy

L

lancelot99

I'd love a Bane .... Anyone know if or where they still spawn ? (i'm on Europa shard)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'd love a Bane .... Anyone know if or where they still spawn ? (i'm on Europa shard)
Nope. When the Bane Chosen left town it seems their dragons did as well. The did spawn in the Abyss area where the Hell hounds are. Close to the Acid Elle renowned spawn.