• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers Beware

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok , heres a new bug for tamers, if your in a house and you have any pet more so your great super dragon and the owner decides to resize the house recall before he makes the house go poof otherwise when he says the words house and pet will go poof

and do not bother to page gms they will be no help at all you get the standard can respond even when you ask to talk to one in person

also sent in reply to report a bug and no response from them either

so moral is do not resize your house with a pet,and 11 years later gms still stink at helping people:flame::flame:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you need your pet to resize/customize a house in the first place?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The poster didn't need the pet there, he just didn't think it would disappear when the house was resized. This is obviously something that is not intended at all and is unfortunate that it happened. But there is no reason to make it look like he should have known better.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im just wondering why thats all? Clearly not everyone has their pets with them or we would have seen 100's of posts about it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And posting it here accomplishes...? Yes, some few will be warned I suppose. *thinks*

E

Ericge99

Actualy I agree, why have your pet when you decide to resize your house???
Appart from geting in the way, makes no sense.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, it sounds t' me like he were in his friends house when his friend decided ta resize, on a whim mayhaps.

G

greatpumpkinator

You know, instead of bashing the poster for having a pet in the house during a resize...how about thanking them for letting people know about this? They aren't wailing about losing a pet, or demanding paypack...they are just trying to inform people.

Jeebus - leave them alone and thank them for the information.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok , heres a new bug for tamers, if your in a house and you have any pet more so your great super dragon and the owner decides to resize the house recall before he makes the house go poof otherwise when he says the words house and pet will go poof

and do not bother to page gms they will be no help at all you get the standard can respond even when you ask to talk to one in person

also sent in reply to report a bug and no response from them either

so moral is do not resize your house with a pet,and 11 years later gms still stink at helping people:flame::flame:
lol...

i was there.

it was HILARIOUS.

we also killed them all after it happened (for the 500th time that night).

R

Rix/\

The whole resizing thing is bugged, I had issues the other day. Anyone attempting to resize should becareful.

W

wrekognize

I can give you one good reason. If I'm resizing my fel house, I sure as Heck want my pet there to guard me in case a red decides to stroll through my neighborhood.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um players cannot see you when you are in customize mode. So hence they can't hurt you. Now maybe you should look closely at your so called friend. Why would someone enter customize mode with someone else in the house. Its only gonna boot them out. Perhaps your "friend" knew of this bug and wanted to make your pet go poof. You can't talk to players in customize mode you can't even talk in guild chat in customize mode. So why would he go into customize mode with you there? That sounds kinda rude anyways.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um players cannot see you when you are in customize mode. So hence they can't hurt you. Now maybe you should look closely at your so called friend. Why would someone enter customize mode with someone else in the house. Its only gonna boot them out. Perhaps your "friend" knew of this bug and wanted to make your pet go poof. You can't talk to players in customize mode you can't even talk in guild chat in customize mode. So why would he go into customize mode with you there? That sounds kinda rude anyways.
Learn to read.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you aren't in customization mode to resize a house - in fact you aren't in your house *at all* when resizing (so you don't even have that protection). You have to stand under the house sign and say something like 'i wish to resize my house' - and yeah, in fel I imagine that could turn dangerous.

To the OP - kinda reminds me of a bug years ago with idocs that if someone placed a house and you had a packy or bug there, it could go poof. For a while we all were very careful about where we kept our pack animals to keep from potentially losing them permanantly.

ps: *puts on mod hat* - let's turn down the hostility in this thread a notch eh folks? No need to jump on each other to discuss something happening in game - thanks :)

C

Ceridwen

Also remember that bug - was about two years ago or so, and that happened to packys/bugs who were not on the ground floor....

Thanks for the information. :)

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But again this is not the point of the post so stop changing the focus of what this thread is about.

The point is that there IS a BUG and it IS causing the LOSS of an object you own in the game.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A twist on a very old bug....when placing a house, if you have a pet nearbly and are not mounted on it, it will go poof when the house is placed.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! Thank you very much to the OP for letting us know !!!

(i'm sorry you lost your greater dragon :mad:)

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you aren't in customization mode to resize a house - in fact you aren't in your house *at all* when resizing (so you don't even have that protection). You have to stand under the house sign and say something like 'i wish to resize my house' - and yeah, in fel I imagine that could turn dangerous.

To the OP - kinda reminds me of a bug years ago with idocs that if someone placed a house and you had a packy or bug there, it could go poof. For a while we all were very careful about where we kept our pack animals to keep from potentially losing them permanantly.

ps: *puts on mod hat* - let's turn down the hostility in this thread a notch eh folks? No need to jump on each other to discuss something happening in game - thanks :)

"To the OP - kinda reminds me of a bug years ago with idocs that if someone placed a house and you had a packy or bug there, it could go poof. For a while we all were very careful about where we kept our pack animals to keep from potentially losing them permanantly."

This is still a possiblity as far as I know. My daughter lost a bonded blue beetle when a small public stone tower idoc collapsed about a year or two ago. She was on top of the tower and dismounted when it fell and the beetle poofed.

Although from her experience I knew that a pet could poof if left inside a public idoc while unmounted, it seemed to be a fairly random occurence so a few months later I managed to lose two packys we had had for over three years when an idoc fell in Yew on Pac.

I thought they'd be safe on the lowest floor. They weren't. Not much fun trying to loot an idoc without any place to put the loot!

These days my pets will always be parked OUTSIDE of any public idocs.

Thanks to the OP for pointing out that this can also occur during house resizing.

All your items fall to the ground when resizing so I could see having a few pet packys there holding your valuables for you if you don't have another house to store junk in.

Or a greater dragon for protection if the house you are resizing is in Fel.

M

monnie101

Well how else is he supposed to pick up the house with those puny muscles? His dragon has big burly muscles! That's why he needs his pet to resize the house. :lick:

G

Glim Gerrack

You know, instead of bashing the poster for having a pet in the house during a resize...how about thanking them for letting people know about this? They aren't wailing about losing a pet, or demanding paypack...they are just trying to inform people.

Jeebus - leave them alone and thank them for the information.
Agreed, these comments coming from a moderator, among others, is rediculus...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An unfortunate occurrence to be sure, but I can't help wondering why anyone would choose to resize a house when a) they have someone in the house with them and b) they have a hostile guild attacking.

C

Connor_Graham

This bug is still around. I lost a packy recently at an IDOC. I'd never heard of the bug before and ended up learning about it the hard way.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An unfortunate occurrence to be sure, but I can't help wondering why anyone would choose to resize a house when a) they have someone in the house with them and b) they have a hostile guild attacking.
Does it matter why?

K

Kith Kanan

Hmmm now to figure out how to fit a house in my bag... new way to deal with muppet dragons in PvP discovered !!!!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Perhaps the OP lives near a busy pvp area and cannot wait to resize when all the pks go nighty night because he has to get some sleep for school or work the next day?

Perhaps the OP has enemies ingame who camp his house (in ghost form?) and summon pks or a pk guild when they see ANY activity whatsoever at the OPs house?

I had a small Trammy guild that had one wannabe pvper in it camp my one of my Fel keeps once for who knows how long before I recalled there with my smith (ALL my chars are Trammys they just live in Fel), so I know people are petty enough to do this.

Resizing a Felucca house is risky. You own the area your old house was on for ONE HOUR ONLY after saying the magic resize words.

If you fudge up and get yourself killed and can't get the new plot in within an hour then someone else can place on that spot.

If it weren't Fel you could almost call a rival guild attempting to prevent you "resizing" your house griefing.

In the past an EA GM would actually show up and warn players to STOP casting fields on Trammel or Malas idocs because fields prevented house placement.

Since the OP was in Fel, all is fair, including having his friends and their super dragons with him to make sure he stayed alive long enough to get the resize job done.

V

Vyal

WOW thanks for the sweet info here I have cuased 5 people loose their dragons.

I suggest if your a tamer don't make people angry then if they act all cool and say come to my house and bring your drag don't do it cuase they will screw you. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, did you just admit to abusing a bug to grief five people...?

A

Amathist of PoC

Thank you for the heads up - sorry to hear your pet did not like the newly resized lot.