• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer vs Zipactriotl

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is One of the two quests near Britain Encampment or Barrab Tribe on the crystal. You can only be on one of these quests at a time.

This is one of the most complicated key gathering quests that I know of. It is more fun if you share the misery with others. Especially the Pit War.

First you have to fight the Pit War: For Zippy, You side with the Myrmidex.

Dbl click the ant statue: There is no quest log or accept to press.

upload_2018-7-9_14-59-21.png

Then go behind the statue and into the pits.

upload_2018-7-9_15-1-49.png

You play capture the flag 3 times. Each flag has three waves of Humans you want to kill. You dont want to kill the Myrmidex. They move slow, so usually you out pace them. Area pets are ok. Meleers and Archers can use the potions to do more damage to them. So, kill humans, not the Ants. The third wave has stronger enemies. The human mages are pretty mean. Provokers can help by making the humans fight each other. You just have to get a message that you helped advance the war, but you also have to get the end message.

Fight near the Flag: Click flag for current status of war.

upload_2018-7-9_15-21-51.png

Watch the messages. Move to the next flag when you advance past the flag you are on. Dont go to the next flag early. The humans there will not advance that area yet. You will notice a new group of Myrmidex appear when it is time to advance. Or someone will yell at you when you should move on.

Here is what it looks like when the two sides meet:

upload_2018-7-9_15-19-12.png

Keep killing humans all the way to the last flag.

The last flag will be here:

upload_2018-7-9_15-24-15.png

When you are victorious you climb the wall to leave.

Now you are ready to get the actual quest for the keys. Find the Barrab Tinker and accept the quest.

upload_2018-7-9_15-34-39.png

Now you have to follow the quest instructions and get the keys.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Zealotry Of Zipactriotl

There are 4 items you need to enter the Chamber of Zippy.

Here are a few write ups already done:

The Zealotry of Zipactriotl – Ultima Online

The Zealotry of Zipactriotl - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Helpful hints for doing Zipactriotl
The Zealotry Of Zipactriotl- Alligning With The Myrmidex

Again find a Rune Library with the locations for each quest giver. Ours has both quests and 2 ships you can borrow:

upload_2018-7-9_16-14-58.png

One item is bought from an NPC in the Lycaeum. Thats the easy one

Next easiest is a kill and collect. A tinkers task:
  • Obtain 500 ingots
  • Obtain 25 gears
  • Obtain 5 Power Crystals
  • Obtain 2 Clockwork Assemblies
I get the power crystals and Clockworks from Blackthorns. Go past the mages and dragons to the cells with Exodus Minions. Tell your pet to guard you and let them aggro you and the pet will kill them.

upload_2018-7-9_16-21-19.png

They have both in their corpses:

upload_2018-7-9_16-22-20.png

Buy the gears and mine the ingots or buy from a player.

Next is Hidden Treasures

you bring me those gem stones and I’ll supply you with the map to what you are seeking.

• 1 Perfect Emerald
  • 1 White Pearl
  • 1 Brilliant Amber
You get a Tmap. It is level 3. You can go dig it up or give it to a T hunter on your shard in exchange for the part. (that's what I do) I used to dig them up. The part is in the chest.

Last we have The Salty Sea. It is a kill and return.

• Slay 10 Water Elemental in the South Britannian Sea
  • Slay 10 sea serpents in the South Britannian Sea
  • Slay 10 deep sea serpents in the South Britannian Sea
  • Slay 5 krakens in the South Britannian Sea

First buy salvage hooks from the Savage Master at Trinsic Docks. They are 25 Stone each so watch the weight.

I have heard you can use a certain Jhelom Shore. But I never get out to Sea, so I just drop a boat in Jhelom and go out a few screens and toss hooks.

You can do the quest with multiple players. Remove your 50% sdi book and each person shoot a fireball at each mob. Each person that does damage will get credit for the kill.

Don has taken groups out in the past. Pretty funny in Gen Chat.

This takes the longest. But you dont even get the part yet!! The captain gives you a Message in a Bottle.

Put it in a Davey Jones locker and grab a fishing pole. Go to that spot with the MiB and pull out a chest with the part inside. 0 fishing is required.

Or find a nice fisherman that will trade you the part for the MiB. Thats what I do.

It is a daunting quest chain but we do Zippy on LS often. It was a Community Hunt last week. We had 6 players go to Zippy.

If you do not turn the parts in, you can get each one over and over. Some sell the quest items on their vendor on LS.

Mark and turn in the four parts to the Barrab Tinker when you are ready.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stats for this Zippy.

upload_2019-2-17_13-26-17.png
A Different Zippy . . . .. . . . ... And another
upload_2019-2-24_12-38-20.png upload_2019-2-24_15-23-23.png upload_2019-3-3_14-23-43.png

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ole Zippy is indeed the easier path of the two quests in this specific chain. The Myrmidex Queen is a huge pita still.

Tip on the Pit fight though... keep running back from the main battle, use an area spell to get the Ants left behind to follow you. Lure them to the "front line" and invis. This enables more of your side to be present for the battle and allows for a much quicker fight. Last I heard (from the Devs a while back) the ability for area damage to "your side" was purposefully done to allow this to happen.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Other options:

1. The expensive thing in Moonglow - it also still spawns in the hidden boxes in Kotl City, if you got a character with Detect Hidden & LP.
  2. Tinker part: A FAR better target instead of the Minions are the GOLEMS (also in Blackthorn's). The Golems can have the crystals and clockworks as loot (not as automatic as the Minions, but are 1-2 shot kills for pets and RCs), but ALSO have 11-25 (10 + 1-to-15) Ingots, and as often as not have gears as loot as well (mostly normal ones, but occasionally music box gears). You can also go to Central Ilshenar and either kill golems (Compassion side), or golems, betrayers, juggernauts, and both types of basic Exodus types (Honor) for the gears, ingots, clockqworks and crystals (with a chance of a rare music gear off para golems, betrayers or Juggernauts).
  3. If you do the Uniting the Tribes quest in Eodon a lot for the random loot (tltles, deco, tiger cubs and the elusive colored tiger rugs), the Volcano subquest (digging up the the lava rock for the Jukari) is a great way to get the gems for the "Hidden Treasures" part of the Zippy quest without having to use resource gatherers.
    * Each of the volcano eles have one ML Gem or other ingredient as loot. (the mining gems, the pearl normally from fishing, and the amber, parasitic plant and luminescent fungi that usually come from lumberjacking). There's natural spawn of the eles there, plus both random spawns while digging for the volcano quest, and the volcano sometimes becomes so restless that it spawns 1 ele per person each time it becomes unstable (and you have to outrun both the eruption AND the eles). Luckily, there are spots at the edges where you can run into (and if you're in those when the volcano starts, the eles won't spawn on you - so you can leave a healer not doing the quest there, possibly with a pet or summons to kill any eles that chase the diggers back).
  4. If you have fishing nets, they are lighter (15 vs 25 stone) than dredging hooks, and have better results (the hooks can fizzle with no spawn - nets always have spawn). You can toss the green nets, colored nets (better level spawn), or even white nets (have leviathan fights, or even a scalis, as a side event). Remember to loot the Krakens and Leviathans for SOS and the eles & serpents for low-end t-maps (and skin the serpents for horned leather and scales for the library).

I go out regularly to Central Ilshenar, trying to get the rare gears for the music boxes in many of my community's houses, and collect the Zippy stuff as a side-item. The clockworks still weigh 50, but now stack, so I can toss a few into my 5-slot beetle, along with power crystals. I usually have enough gears for the quest within an hour or two, and enough ingots within a half-hour. The occasional compassion sage from the controllers are an added bonus. As a result, I usually have the stuff for 3 or more characters stockpiled on my ship.
The same stockpiling holds true for the 3 gemstones, as by-loot from the volcano quest - it's easy to accumulate them, especially if we pool loot from the volcano eles. And, a hell of a lot less boring and frustrating than trying to get amber from trees when logging with a GM lumberjack, or fishing trying to get pearls. in fact, they seem to drop at a faster rate than the mining-specific gems from the eles.
Green nets are cheap (not as cheap as dredging hooks), but fun. White nets can be an event all their own, so why not use them where they can do double duty?

And for the T-map, Davies Locker is your friend. The SOS gives you a rough area, but you can be within 1, maybe 2, degrees of the spot. The partial location from the T-map that you get from the Locker, makes the target a 1x1 degree square, which equates to 12-15 steps per side. Even if your client's mapping is FUBAR like mine (I've had chests be 2 screens away, on the other side of a river, from a pin), the latitude & longitude won't let you down. Mark the 4 corners of the region with bandages or something, then mow the lawn, digging for the chest in a grid search.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Zipactriotl has a "Mana Burn" ability that spirals out of him occasionally and it damages anything it hits (player or pet) for any current Mana in excess of 50. Got 120 Mana when it hits you? Take 70 damage. Pets with high Mana pools are a no-no for this fight, he'll devastate them with that Mana Burn. You'll actually want your pet to mana dump on him ASAP to reduce the amount of damage his Mana Burn does to them. Same goes for any Sampires fighting him, have around 50-70 Mana pool, and dump it as fast as possible on him.
Zippy's weakest Resist is Poison, so a 100% Poison Damage Crimson/Platinum Drake works great on him. Just make sure to stand back and throw Greater Heals on your pet, and run like hell if you see the Mana Burn spiraling toward you.

When you first go into the room, you and someone else will have to flip the switches on the Reactors at the same time. There are several Reactors you have to do this with. Once you flip them all, the Reactors will become attackable, and they'll spawn Essences (like the ones in the Shimmering Effusion fight). If you kill an Essence, the Reactor will just spawn a new one a few seconds later, so take down the Reactors first. Once the Reactors are down, you can damage Zippy.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Zipactriotl has a "Mana Burn" ability that spirals out of him occasionally and it damages anything it hits (player or pet) for any current Mana in excess of 50. Got 120 Mana when it hits you? Take 70 damage. Pets with high Mana pools are a no-no for this fight, he'll devastate them with that Mana Burn. You'll actually want your pet to mana dump on him ASAP to reduce the amount of damage his Mana Burn does to them. Same goes for any Sampires fighting him, have around 50-70 Mana pool, and dump it as fast as possible on him.
You can actually take a pet with mana to this fight, it's all about positioning and moving when he starts casting the mana burn.

However if you are on a slow connection or have a slow reaction time, then you probably want a pet with a low mana pool

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can actually take a pet with mana to this fight, it's all about positioning and moving when he starts casting the mana burn.

However if you are on a slow connection or have a slow reaction time, then you probably want a pet with a low mana pool
Agreed. It is also about "character placement" as well. Or it was, have not rolled in there in a while and they may have "fixed" that whole deal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets with high mana get killed fast. :) They can pull them off unless that's the pet he Aggroed on. If i can keep my Naj alive until after the second spray, he has low enough mana to stay on him until the end.

They have toned down the pull in. My archer used to get pulled in almost every time he damaged him. I learned to stop attacking when the spray started.

The pull in is only bad when it happens to pull you to a spot where the mana burn is. Or he happens to change aggro to you at that moment.

You can come and go from the pyramid while the quest is active. You could change pets between the blob part and Zippy. Until you claim the reward you can go in and out. We used to have a person who used their second account to stay in a corner and res us when needed. They didn't claim the reward so they could always enter without doing the quest each time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They called out for Zippy today in chat. The only Toon I had ready was my Archer/Tamer. He has no Naj. Only has Hiryu, Cu, and Firesteed that have skills. He has no magery or Vet so he can not do much but run consume.

Had a group of 6 1 Bane, 2 Najs, 1 Mystic mage in Stone form, 1 Mage bard that ran Peace songs, and me.

I took the Fire Stead, it has > 110 Chivalry now. This is the one with no cold or poison resist added. (amazing how you can build a killer pet without un needed resists...) We killed the blobs and power cells pretty nice. Horse did well on that part. Took only small damage.

Then Zippy came out. My horse lived through the first mana attack. He died on the second one. Someone ressed him fast and he was back. The horse did not need consume or healing again. He was not fazed by the mana attacks any more. We did pretty high damage together. I saw many damages over 200. Was too hectic to tell if it was from arrows or horse. We started at 1:00 and were done by 1:15 with rewards and all. Pretty good time.

There were Naj bodies all over the place. The Bane did not die.

Some pics:
upload_2019-2-17_14-16-44.png upload_2019-2-17_14-17-9.png
upload_2019-2-17_14-17-55.png upload_2019-2-17_14-18-29.png

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
They called out for Zippy today in chat. The only Toon I had ready was my Archer/Tamer. He has no Naj. Only has Hiryu, Cu, and Firesteed that have skills. He has no magery or Vet so he can not do much but run consume.

Had a group of 6 1 Bane, 2 Najs, 1 Mystic mage in Stone form, 1 Mage bard that ran Peace songs, and me.

I took the Fire Stead, it has > 110 Chivalry now. This is the one with no cold or poison resist added. (amazing how you can build a killer pet without un needed resists...) We killed the blobs and power cells pretty nice. Horse did well on that part. Took only small damage.

Then Zippy came out. My horse lived through the first mana attack. He died on the second one. Someone ressed him fast and he was back. The horse did not need consume or healing again. He was not fazed by the mana attacks any more. We did pretty high damage together. I saw many damages over 200. Was too hectic to tell if it was from arrows or horse. We started at 1:00 and were done by 1:15 with rewards and all. Pretty good time.

There were Naj bodies all over the place. The Bane did not die.
Was tghis a magery/AI bane? or Chiv/AI?