• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Template for more Mana

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My current template:
115 Magery
120 Taming
115 Lore
120 Vet
100 Eval
100 Med

But, I run out of mana when trying to heal my pet. I use Vet, but on Champs, I get slaughtered when I get close to the GD to heal. I can try to max Mana Regen on a suit (I have some now), but I was also thinking of dropping Med for a 50/80 necro/Spirit Speak to drain mana in wraith form. Or should I drop Vet?

I'm a new account so I only have 700 max.

Any thoughts?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least 10 MR is a big help. Also you should consider putting 40 LMC on your suit, which helps a lot.
Wraith is an option. But I'd test that out first on TC, since you would have to dish out quite some damage, to get your mana back.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My tamer/bard runs 16 MR with 40 lmc and I use a Greater heal/vet macro and never run out and a lot of the times I run bard mastery at same time and do fine!

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My tamer/bard runs 16 MR with 40 lmc and I use a Greater heal/vet macro and never run out and a lot of the times I run bard mastery at same time and do fine!
I run with 11 mr at the moment and 32 lmc. I plan on updating my suit. But, we were up against the Semidar Turkey and it took 4 Greater Dragons about 2 hours to kill it. During that time, I ran out of mana constantly and had to call my GD out of the fight to heal him with Vet. If I stepped close, to vet and run away, I died. I figured that out after 6 attempts and I gave up.

I figured with the big bosses, I'll be dying if I vet and I'll need mana because the poor GD is getting wacked on. Luckily, another guildie was helping heal so I could stay in the fight longer.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to get in there with my pet and bandie heal. Works ok when all the enemies are locked onto the pet.