• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer temp - do-everything - Viable? Advice please :)

S

Siniava

EDIT: The below is not viable, so the whole post is kind of redundant. However, I'd still like to see comments on it - I think it's obvious that the character is trying to do too much, but I have great faith in the creativity of the community :)

Hi all,

I've only been playing UO for a few weeks, and have been playing on an account which I will no longer have access to (a friend's who is reclaiming it). So I've bought myself a new copy of the game and am starting all over again.

As I have limited time to play, I'd like to make just one character to do everything in game (with the exception of crafting - I will have characters for that). As hybrids tend to make suit requirements a little bit...nuts...I've tried to make a character which has no need for reagents. Without further ado:

Taming (120?)
Animal Lore (120?)
Vetinary (100)
Spellweaving (120)
Chivalry (JoAT?)
Necromancy (JoAT)
Lockpick (120?)
Mining (100?)
Focus and/or Med - the remainder
On soulstone - Cartography (120)

The main ideas here are:
- The character does not use reagents, so no need to factor LRC into a suit EDIT: With the exception of Wraith form, which I guess I can carry some regs for - I wouldn't be transforming that often)
- Necromancy is used only for Wraith form, leeching mana back from damage dealt - hence JoAT
- Chivalry is used only for Sacred Journey, Close Wounds, Remove Curse and Cleanse by Fire
- Spellweaving will be used for mass offensive damage, as well as emergency-rez and healing over time
- I'll be using a GD as a pet
- The character can treasure hunt, keeping Cartography stoned most of the time, and deciphering maps en masse before stoning back again for an offensive skill
- The character can solo champion spawns
- Can hunt anywhere in the game

I'm a little worried about a couple of things though, and any input on these questions would be appreciated.

1) I can't gate. This may or may not be a biggie - opinions?
2) Will dropping LRC requirement from the suit allow me space to fill all the other necessary reqs? Mainly MR and LMC and SDI I guess.
3) The build is tight for points, so should I look to lower some of the skill marks I am aiming for? That's why the question marks are there.
4) I can't invis - I haven't played a tamer before, but having seen them in action it seems to be Invis->All Guard->Get involved. I'd be vulnerable until the GD picked up the aggro (if it even can). Again, I guess I could use scrolls...
5) Am I missing some extremely obvious flaw here?

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I think I am going to need at least 80 Magery, and will probably dump the Chivalry idea for this. I am however curious to see the opinions of the veterans and the solutions they can come up with :)

Thanks!

Sin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With soulstones any template you need is possible. You can mix and match the skills needed for what you want to do when you log in. The suit may need tweaked a bit depending on the build but aside from the main 3 skills for a tamer you can adjust the rest and accomplish so much more, while not being as limited when your doing it. After a bit you may find that you leave certain skills in place more because they are more fitting your play style. only problem I see for you is the soulstones needed and the limit to your imagination :p
Good luck

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's all about how you play really. With that temp above I would have a tough time completing most champ spawns, and peerless bosses solo.

For my play style, I would drop the gm mining and toss Mage on there. There will be plenty of times you will need a ranged heal these days. They are making more and more critters that have area effects etc. Not to mention the invis is dang near mandatory for anyone digging up chests imo. I know the mining gives a larger area for you to be successful at digging up the chest, but for me I would rather dig a little longer and live... than find it fast and die because I fizzled invis using a scroll or I got interrupted while chugging an invis pot.

With imbuing (and a little studying) you can build a 100% LRC suit with enough MR, LMC, SDI on it and still have room for other mods. Also, since imbuing 800+ skill templates are VERY easy to get these days. My main tamer only runs 110/110 natural tame/lore and never has a problem with control of the GD, but also has +10 in both skills on a spare brace I use whenever I need to tame a new pet. Even with 800 skill points sometimes, you have to seriously tweek every point you can. And just fyi.... lockpicking (and the stoned Cartography) caps out at 100 so that saves you 20 points there :)

Keep in mind that JOAT is only 20 skill in each of them. There are times it is an advantage, but for my mage/sw/tamer I found the additional mana of being an elf outweighs the 20 in skill deal.

Only other thing I see to keep in mind is the amount of mana leech from wraith form is based on your level Spirit Speak and the damage you do on a target (SS divided by 5). So if SS is Zero..... you are not leeching anything. Also, the Mana Leech is based on the damage you do with Magery and Weapon damage. I could be wrong and they added Necro and SW damage to it, but I have not read about that anywhere.