Tamer returning to game needs a hand

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Turbo

Hey,
I have to say its good to be back. Have been away from the game for about 5 years now and realised i have lost almost all ability to play :) Its slowly coming back to me but my taming is only 105 with crappy +3 ring and +4 bracer lol and was wondering if anyone has a spare greater dragon for sale as i have no chance at taming one till i get back into things. I'm really regretting giving away my last few million when i quit the game :thumbdown:

I'll be taming my own ones when i get around to raising some skills but i just cant wait that long to test run one :D
If anyone even sells them anymore drop me a line ill buy one.

Oh, and where does everyone hang out now? When i left, Brit Bank was the place to be, seems deserted now, does everyone go somewhere else to sell stuff/hang out or are there just hardly any people playing now?

Thanks and Seeyas ingame :)

D

Dain

I will organize a dragon for you!

Main hang out spot is Luna now.

What are you up to in-game atm?

C

Cullyn

Welcome back.
I have also just recently returned from a 5 year absence and have been having a blast rediscovering UO. There has been a lot of changes in that time and I find my old style character templates don't quite suit the current game but readjusting is part of the fun.
As for players, well unfortunately active population is low. You can often find people at Luna bank. Some of the recent events that have been run have had maybe 30 - 40 players running around.
There seems to be a slow trickle of players back to the game over recent weeks. Let's hope that becomes a flood.

F

Fink

Welcome back, Turbo. :party:

I can set you up with a greater dragon and/or some better jewels if you're stuck for help (looks like you have no shortage though). I'm not around on my tamer all the time but I can be contacted through the [FEZ] guild.

T

Turbo

Thanks for the offers guys, i'll have to look you up ingame. I'm still downloading the patch from today, hopefully ill be up and running tonight if not, tomorrow afternoon. The small bit that i have played has brought the old addiction right back so i'll be on fairly often.

Since i came back i have just been re learning how to play without dying every 5min :) and setting up a basic house to operate out of.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
To any returning or 'new' players, my shop is located in South West Luna city, click on my siggy and select the link for The Emporium for a map.

I am happy to supply (for free, within reason of course) to any new/returning players, mid range gear and any skill jewelry required to get back into things. Located in my shop is also a pretty comprehensive rune library that I think is pretty well used by most of the shard and will get you to anywhere you want to go. Any member of guild [AO] will contact me.

I am also around to help anyone learn the 'Enhanced Client' if you need assistance with setting up macros, desktops, hotbars etc. If I can't help you with a question, chances are I know who will be able to answer it for you. My sig will also link you to the SA Client User Guide (which I guess I will need to rename to the 'Enhanced Client' user guide now) if you are playing in the new 'enhanced' client as opposed to the 'classic' client ie 2d.

grrrrrrrr (was one of the first things I asked about in the focus group, should of known they would end up changing the name of it, seeing as how i asked 5 mths ago about what they 'intended' calling it before doing the guide and seeing as how I pointed out back in march that calling the client and the expansion by the same name was apt to be confusing grrrrrrr and that they should rename something to avoid it grrrrrr, typical they wait til two weeks before release to start calling the client by a different name grrrrrrrr *wanders off grumbling about having to redo all the darn headings... grrrr*)

F

Fink

Found a set of 2x +15 Taming jewels you can have if you need them.

T

Turbo

Thanks to everyone who helped/offered to help. Managed to jewel myself up and with many deaths finally honour tamed my first greater dragon. Its stats are pretty crap but its a start :)

See you all ingame

D

Dain

Hehe good job!

I think we tried together a few times and failed haha.

><

T

Turbo

Yep, i have it sussed now i can do it without dying, now im having trouble deciding which one is the best one to train.