• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Request

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Request for tamers

@Bleak @Kyronix

So I'm using about 15 stable slots at the moment.

My issue is when I don't have my taming skills on I cant put my beetle or packy back in my stable. Every
time I have to go and swap around my skills to taming to be able to stable anything.

I don't use Taming with everything I do nor do I need taming to be able to use Blue Beetles and Packys.

My request is this. Once a player has achieved a certain stable size can you please leave it there even
if they stone taming skills?

This way they can stable their low level pets without having to deal with skill swapping.

TY!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: I'd like the ability to swap the entire contents of stable from one character to another, without unbonding.

...but I like Merus's plan too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally if they wanted to make a buck in this game they ought to sell packs of 10 stable slots for $5... I'd pay it. $5 to get an account 10 more slots per character... I'd pay it at least a dozen times over... and if I could keep paying it till I reached 50 slots per character per account I'd do that too... And I'm probably not alone.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally if they wanted to make a buck in this game they ought to sell packs of 10 stable slots for $5... I'd pay it. $5 to get an account 10 more slots per character... I'd pay it at least a dozen times over... and if I could keep paying it till I reached 50 slots per character per account I'd do that too... And I'm probably not alone.
We have character slot upgrades and house/bank storage upgrades.... stable slot upgrades sound reasonable. I would make it accoutwide per purchase. $10 adds 10 stable slots to all characters on the account prior to the taming and mastery bonuses. Can be applied twice per account or a double upgrade for $18.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In today's UO I don't see any reason for stable slots to be so complicated and limited. Give everyone 40 stable slots regardless of skill and be done with it.
PLEASE. This has always bothered me. There has never been a reason given to explain why it's so frigging limited.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't give them ideas. Our subs should still count for something.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> There has never been a reason given to explain why it's so frigging limited.

OOC:
Yes, there has, but it was a long time ago (2001 or thereabouts).
This was back in the days of "ecology" and "economy." The problem was that when an animal was stabled (on the same server?), a wild replacement was not spawned. The forest near Britain, for example, became depleted.
Runesabre said, "Two thirds of the animals are in stables!"
(I thought that was strange, because stabled animals had to be refreshed weekly back then.)

I emailed Hanse, who was the one tasked with making the change, a few times, because the immediate knee jerk from the dev team then was to limit nontamers to two stable slots, and tamers to three.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
> There has never been a reason given to explain why it's so frigging limited.

OOC:
Yes, there has, but it was a long time ago (2001 or thereabouts).
This was back in the days of "ecology" and "economy." The problem was that when an animal was stabled (on the same server?), a wild replacement was not spawned. The forest near Britain, for example, became depleted.
Runesabre said, "Two thirds of the animals are in stables!"
(I thought that was strange, because stabled animals had to be refreshed weekly back then.)

I emailed Hanse, who was the one tasked with making the change, a few times, because the immediate knee jerk from the dev team then was to limit nontamers to two stable slots, and tamers to three.
This is no longer the case... When you tame a Unicorn or Kirin or whatever another one immediately spawns. So this is out of date and quite frankly STUPID...

Secondly... storage space... lets face it the number of player has dwindled to next to nothing of late so storage is NOT the issue...

So what is the issue??? IMO stuck up DEVs... The last several expansions have added many new tamables and precious little new stable space... We have begged and pleaded our case and they give us what IMO is a boot to the head... We get a stupid ability with primers that adds IMO Diddly SQUAT... In other words we are given the shaft... and told to bend over and take it. I for one don't like it.

There is NO LOGICAL explanation for the restriction of stable space... NONE. Same goes for the addition of storage space... they have options that would NOT increase lag... options like letting us add a basement... something that is teleported to on another facet even that utilizes the black areas where a "basement" of some sort could be added to be 18x18 or whatever size plot which would add the same capacity as an 18x18... I don't care what the charge... charge me $2 more a month.... Charge me a flat $25 whatever... give me more freaking space... and as I suggested charge me to add stable space and make a few bucks... whatever... but quit with the BS restrictions. They are no longer necessary especially as the servers are on the freaking cloud...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love another space upgrade, and yes, I would be willing to pay for it. I also want more mannequins. I wish we could craft mannequins.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
more stable slots would be fine as long as we don't have to pay for them. how many do we really need?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
more stable slots would be fine as long as we don't have to pay for them. how many do we really need?
Personally... I would like to have at LEAST 50 on a tamer... non-tamers 10...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop advocating paying for stuff that should be implemented as part of our EXISTING sub. If they want to nickle and dime us on everything then make it free to pay. While ever there is a monthly subscription stuff like this should be part of it not in additon.

As far as I am concerned the stable should be like any other flipping container in UO. 125 items. No reason for it not to be other than sheer pigheadedness as far as I can see. Not gonna go into the reasons again and again as it is like flogging a dead horse. Rational discussion just doesn't cut it. The only thing that should remain 'finite' is the 5 follower slots, that is the ONLY thing that determines a tamers power, what they use for storage is the same as how many flipping slayer weapons a dexor uses, or how many types of mage weps/shields/books a spellcaster has.

I agree with the OP, once you have maxed your stable, including with the mastery, then it should just stay there. If you don't have the skill still on your character it is in all likelihood on a soulstone, so it is just a drag and serves no purpose forcing ppl to stone on 'stable' stone off. If you have got rid of the skill then you can't use any pets anyways, so there wouldnt be a need to do anything. Sure, make it that the mastery has to be switched on if you have numbers made from that but it shouldn't matter if the skill is on you or on a stone.

Herp!

Journeyman
The idea of just allowing everyone the max slots they have achieved is great, especially since I don't EVER run taming mastery on my tamer... but I have l3 mastery available for the slots. I just don't bother keeping over the base 120 taming slots worth of pets and I don't even know how many things I have in there because I rarely pull anything but my rune beetle, mare, tiger, bake, and greater dragon out. I'd also just love to be able to hold 1 of everything because we run Tamer tourneys on Legends & I often don't have the pet for the fight, so I don't participate... I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be possible to pay more for more slots like I did for another char slot and 40% more house storage. I understand people not wanting to be "nickel and dimed," but I also understand capitalism & the ability to charge people for services that are not (and imo should not be) part of the base game.

Your sub is still worth something, it allows you to log in to the game & allows the devs to continue to give you new content. If buying stables slots shouldn't be an option, then neither should house storage, another char slot, or any of the other items we can buy from the store & have been able to for ages now.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too would like more slots on my tamer, as well on my non-tamers (some of them have RP/vanity pets).

But I have to agree that it should be part of the normal sub, as these pets take up virtually no space and server space is dirt cheap.

I'd be for crafted pet containers as well, that could be a very cool idea if done right. I'm still in favor of being able to put regular chickens in a coop and have it generate 10 eggs an hour (like the fruit trees).

Another idea would be the ability to permanently toggle a pet to vanity mode so anyone can lug it around. This would make them 1 slot (0 taming requirement), non-combat and move at player speed. They could even be made invulnerable to save on the tears (again, non-combat pet).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paying or not paying the slots need to be increased... the current cap is just silly and only serves to disappoint and irritate the players. It serves not sensible purpose. Perhaps at one time when people had 100's of WW's and such in the stables maybe when there were 250k in players... but we are lucky if there are 20k in players left... and certainly there is "room" for stable space.

I was merely suggesting adding paid slots because I'd like the game to thrive and succeed and maybe hire more help.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Shame on you!! This is too much like a well thought out idea that WILL raise $$$. It will never happen in today's UO. :( *wonders how many of those fine "wedding sets" have been sold*

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
We should get more slots I agree but we should not have to pay for it. If they are taking this free to play there has to be some perks to continuing subscribing, such as increased stable slots.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dev gave extras for other things pertaining to tamers for extra slots.. but as you said this is when you have STONED Taming....
I do not see this ever happening. As for the question of why the limitation on stable slots....
Once before the game load in was on our side and the cloud... the stables was in house. And one very smart/stupid idiot stabled a ton of pets ..... and I mean a ton.
Mongbats, llamas, cows, chickens, horses, you name it... players had stables over flowing with... now back in the day a player needed 20 horses.. you died a lot and no bonding... now however we got bonding and there is no need for a unlimited stable (COUGH) but that's the reason. I may not agree with it now but there is your answer in a nut shell. I'd love to remove the barrier of my stable numbers.... but to be honest...it wont happen.

Herp!

Journeyman
The dev gave extras for other things pertaining to tamers for extra slots.. but as you said this is when you have STONED Taming....
I do not see this ever happening. As for the question of why the limitation on stable slots....
Once before the game load in was on our side and the cloud... the stables was in house. And one very smart/stupid idiot stabled a ton of pets ..... and I mean a ton.
Mongbats, llamas, cows, chickens, horses, you name it... players had stables over flowing with... now back in the day a player needed 20 horses.. you died a lot and no bonding... now however we got bonding and there is no need for a unlimited stable (COUGH) but that's the reason. I may not agree with it now but there is your answer in a nut shell. I'd love to remove the barrier of my stable numbers.... but to be honest...it wont happen.
I like you, you're smart.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop advocating paying for stuff that should be implemented as part of our EXISTING sub. If they want to nickle and dime us on everything then make it free to pay. While ever there is a monthly subscription stuff like this should be part of it not in additon.
Well, this is the thing with UO .. its a subscription game that keeps adding more F2P style transactions. From a publisher point of view they are getting a double whammy by charging for stuff that should be part of the subscription. Methinks they are taking the piss.

Just make it F2P with a whole host of payment options. There are hundereds of ways for EA to make money from UO as F2P as it lends itself very well to that system. And we would get a shed load more players and make the world alive again.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love another space upgrade, and yes, I would be willing to pay for it. I also want more mannequins. I wish we could craft mannequins.
This and at lest 5 more pet storage for all characters

Or add mannequins and pet storage upgrade to the in game store to buy them