• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/Necro Template help

K

Kozmo

Ok so ive had this template going ever since AOS and is a very good template but I just need to change it a little:

Right now I have:
120 Necromancy
120 Spiritspeak
120 Veterinary
115 Lore
100 Taming
74 Magery
50 Meditation

also my account is only 15 months old so after all of those points I have 5 more "Freebies".

My Ideas:
I was thinking of dropping lore to 110 and then making taming up to 106 (so i could have 106/110/120 to control and bond anything in the game?) then put the rest of the points into magery which would make that around 75-80 magery (sad thing is, i use magery for invis and it fiz's 1 out of 10 on 74)

Im using Ornament, (getting armor of fortune), i have lmc/mr legs and arms, divine count or hat of magi, pendant of magi, gloves of the sun, and my ring is 3fcr 6 taming 13dci, arcane shield, scrappers, and the +5 taming+5lore talisman,

Stats are 115/25/110
and I do have midnite bracers but would prefer to keep necromancy at 120 for the title
but open to suggestions?

5% Luck

I love your template. The necro tamer is highly underrated among most tamers. Do you use the corpskin & a pair of fire steed combo? Do you get the benefit of animates not costing followers? NICE!

Well anyhow I know you said you wanted to keep the title from necro but, as most know there are tons of skill increase items for necro. The other item you might want to consider is the crystalline ring. Between all the possible skill boosting items you can get, you might fit anther gm in there! But at the cost of your beloved title.

The other thing is as you might already know is, necro over 105 on a tamer is overkill. If your not using revs(3 followers) a fizzle here and there on vamp form is acceptable. 105 necro will be 100% casting on all spells save for revs and vamp form. The spirit speak might well still not be enough LOL.

So, my opinion is to finish off the med and add in eval int possibly up to gm. Then bring magery up to 80 so you can have the gm from the crystalline ring. With the right equipment its amazing how well this template can work!

Good luck this is a template I've drooled over for along time!

I

imported_Sarphus

I've only used necro/tamers in pvp, but mine were slightly different.

One thing you could consider is dropping necro a little and using midnight bracers. Also, I'm not sure why you'd have 120 necro on a char that controls pets. As far as I know, the only reason to have 120 necro is to cast vamp embrace and revenant without fizzle. I think you could get away with dropping necro by 40 pts and wearing midnight bracers. You can at least drop it by 15 without midnight bracers.