• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Info from today's FoF!

G

Remember This thread?

<blockquote><hr>

"Are there tameables that have skills that don't appear on the Animal Lore gump? If so, which ones are they and what skills do they have that we can't see? Any chance you guys can add these skills to the Animal Lore gump?"

<font color="blue"> Leurocian says,

"Yes - Parry and Lumberjacking immediately come to mind. It would be nice at some point to revamp the Animal Lore gump to include more information. No promises!"

(The fact that there can be "invisible" skills is why it's impossible to calculate the barding difficulty by hand, and why Animal Lore does it for you. We don't have a convenient way to look up every possible critter, but revamping the gump has gone on my Nag List
)
</font>

Leurocian

*I honor thee!*

Go on! Click'em!

G

I don't think we will see any damage change just more that makes us frustrated before we can see all skills are maxed out

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
am i the only person who is wondering which animal has lumberjacking as a skill???

like i cant recall ever seeing a beaver in game?

I

imported_Leto

Those creatures probably got the lumberjacking skill for it's damage increase.

G

I thought maybe my beetle was sneaking out of the stables when I wasn't logged in harvesting frostwood.

I

imported_Sarphus

well... last time Leurocian said "no promises" about adding something to the AL gump, he added base dmg the very next patch. "no promises" is required punctuation when a dev says they're thinking about adding something. It's like appending a period to a sentence...

One thing is for sure, though. Leurocian cares about what players want and he does what he can to help make UO rock.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Yes - Parry and Lumberjacking immediately come to mind. It would be nice at some point to revamp the Animal Lore gump to include more information. No promises!"

[/ QUOTE ]

So, which pets are beavers in disguise? And just for the sake of arguement why would you give a hiryu, CU, or a chicken the lumberjacking skill?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those creatures probably got the lumberjacking skill for it's damage increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

What damage increase? The only way to get DI with LJ is to use an axe and the DI is only to the base damage of the axe being used with the swords skill.

H

Harvest Moon

When unicorns and kirins first arrived in Brittania, it was rumored that they had the parry skill.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No wonder there is no heartwood to find......the Dragons got them! Its time to kill a few!

G

My money is on Rune Beetles, I mean they're fricken huge and they eat veggies and fruit? No way just a handful of grapes is gonna fill em, they sneak out when we stable em and eat a few dozen trees.

Rey~

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I want a pet beaver

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a beaver could be like firebeetle. When targeting it with logs it changes logs into boards!

I can see the lumberjacks traveling with there beavers already!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

When unicorns and kirins first arrived in Brittania, it was rumored that they had the parry skill.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that all pets have parry, but I must admit the lumberjack thing is pretty funny, unless he wasn't just talking about pets (even though he says he was), in which case orc choppers have lumberjack.

I

imported_Leto

<blockquote><hr>

What damage increase? The only way to get DI with LJ is to use an axe and the DI is only to the base damage of the axe being used with the swords skill.

[/ QUOTE ]For player-characters yes but some skills/abilities work differently for NPCs/creatures.

I

imported_Legacyee

I think it's the Squirrels that have Lumberjacking.

I'm pretty sure my squirrels are planning on building a tree house, I saw one of them looking over some plans, and after checking on the plans they need about four ton of normal wood for the base and stairs with two ton of heartwood for the facades.

I don't know why they want their own house, maybe it's something to do with the owner of their present house being mad

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

I think it's the Squirrels that have Lumberjacking.

I'm pretty sure my squirrels are planning on building a tree house, I saw one of them looking over some plans, and after checking on the plans they need about four ton of normal wood for the base and stairs with two ton of heartwood for the facades.

I don't know why they want their own house, maybe it's something to do with the owner of their present house being mad

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]For player-characters yes but some skills/abilities work differently for NPCs/creatures.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Skills do work differently with mobs. For example, I'm pretty sure I've seen dragons with 40 magery casting flame strike, something a player character could never do.

O

old_cwa

Could it be that Leurocian missed the point about tameables and meant as a whole, the skills not listed on the Animal Lore Gump were Parrying and Lumberjacking? He could have meant certain Brigande have Lumberjacking as well as a few other Humanoid baddies.

I mean the only tameable animals I could think of would have to be beetles, some eat decaying wood, squirrels, they kinda gnaw at it. bears, gotta get to those grubs, and maybe some of the birds, bugs in those trees.