• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Help

T

Turdnugget

I'm in need of a tamer's help...

I'm new to Cats and could really use someone to tame me a couple bake kitsunes if at all possible...Doesn't have to be anything awesome, just mediocre would do to help get me started on farming (decent HP/resists)

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks =)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt I have stable slots to hold 2 so when do you want them?

I will have to tame them when you are online and ready to accept.

I don't mind doing it for you...but if your taming is high enough to accept them as a pet...can't you tame them?

Or am I missing something...again!
:)

T

Turdnugget

Gonna use them with a necro's dark wolf. I have high enough necro/SS to hold a wolf. But no Animal Lore to see if the bake is any good. And i'm and elf so I can't use the JoAT to use AL either =/

I don't want to tame then train up two crappy bake's =P

I would greatly appreciate your help. I might be able to get on tonight, not sure though. Gonna be having a date night with my wife. Dinner and a movie (at our place)

What time do you usually get on?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can pretty much be on any time....just tlet me know what time you want to meet.

I will go see if I have stable slots...if so I can hold them till you are ready.

T

Turdnugget

Ok thank you =)

I really do appreciate it. Shoot me a message here or PM when you find out if you've got stable slots. I'm not 100% positive i'll be on tonight, but am always on during my lunch breaks at work. Around 12MST.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 2 slots left and just went and tamed 2.

they are pretty average....but they should do what you need them for!

just PM me when you want to get them.
I will be in tonight and tomorrow...GF is outta town!

T

Turdnugget

Just got home from work. I can hop on right now if you're on.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok let me switch characters...I will meet you in luna

Character name Rellik

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me for stepping in, just that it isn't too often that I come across a person with a user name as um...entertaining as mine. hehe. Howdy there Turdnugget!

Are you telling me that you don't need animal taming/lore to own a bake? Just necro and spirit speak?

I learn something new every day on Ultima Online. :)

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the necro familiar dark wolf allows one to maintain control over any wolf as if it was a 0 tame. was widely abused to gain cu's when they initially were released. a large outcry from the tamers put a stop to that. bake kitsunes qualify as a wolf

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only downfall is that we necros cannot bond the bakes without taming/lore...*sigh*

Still, nothing beats attacking someone with them...Oh and then adding in your own spells...Good times.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW I'm so glad I read this thread.. I was gonna offer you two bakes sitting in my stable collecting dust, but now I will lend them to my sampire *evil grin*... Also just recently learned about the Lesser Hiyru control with bushido... So I've got a question..

Do you need to have a dark wolf out to maintain control? Or just 40 necro/SS for the ability to summon one? It'd be kinda cool to ride around on a Hiyru with a bake kitsune in toe on a sampire har har.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need the dark wolf to control them. The dark wolf doesn't count if your bake kitsune are in rat form from fighting baracoon.

That means that having a Hiryu(3 slots) and bake(2 slots) are out of the question unless you have the taming/lore to control them.

And I've found the swamp dragon MUCH more useful than the hiryu on my sampires over the years.

Anyhow, I'll be going on a taming mission this weekend. I need a lesser hiryu and a fire beetle for my wife and I'm looking for a couple good rune beetles for another new tamer and I will likely try to get an extra cu for another friend. So...

Anyone else looking for pets this weekend?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you need a hand Farsight let me know I love taming challenging pets..

like going in there and taming fire beetles.

T

Turdnugget

You need taming/lore in order to bond bakes as a necro. You must have dark wolf OUT in order to control your bakes. If you try to control w/out a dark wolf out, they get angry really really fast.

I'm working up taming/lore as well so I can bond, then drop it.

Atheist... i'll take those bake's off your hands =P

As Farsight stated... it's quite literally impossible to run a sampire w/hiryu + bake as you need the dark wolf out (1 follower) and each bake is 2 followers.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...erm, a question regarding pet bonding. Say that you Soulstone taming to your necro. Your necro holds a bake long enough to bond. Then your necro drops the skill back into the stone. Will your bake remain bonded? And...what if you die, does your "wolf familiar" disappear?

So many questions. =-o

T

Turdnugget

Yes you can stone over taming and lore if need be to bond.

When it dies (the bake) gotta find someone with vet to rez. If the dark wolf dies, summon a new one BEFORE commanding the bakes to do anything. Otherwise you'll make em mad real fast.

Bake stays bonded no matter what, unless your familiar dies and you try to control it and it goes wild.