• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/Bard Template Issues :(

• Thread starter Fingers of Cats
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fingers of Cats

Ok, I've been working on my tamer/bard and am starting to run out of skill points :(

I WANT the following but am not sure what to finish with and I only have 710 points:

120 music
120 disco
120 provoke

120 taming
120 lore
100 vet

30 Magery

What to do what to do? cause that doesn't leave much for self heals, invis, gate :(

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I would advise you to take Provoke off, lower Taming & Lore to 110 and have 115 Magery, 45 Med and get as many skill plus items as possible to increase Med.

N

Nenime

Reconsider whether you really need Vet. You could drop it completely and put Magery to 90. Equipment with 40 LMC and 15+ MR which should be sufficient for your purposes even without Med. Requires a different playstyle though. Isn't an easy to play template anyway. Needs lots of fast clicking.

F

Fingers of Cats

I guess I could SS vet, it's still only 85ish and pull it over when I need to rez a pet etc.

The thing is then I could pop up eval a little but the heals just wouldn't come along as quickly... hmmm I guess I could move over provo and just make a true bard with it... just too many options...

Maybe a true tamer/mage and then a true bard/mage... who knows...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if you like to depend on skill items, but here are some things that can help you out: birds of britannia talisman (+5 taming & +5 lore), traveling minstrel talisman (+5 provoke & +5 music), there are some elf only arms that give +10 music, mark of travesty hat that can give up to 20 points in barding or taming skills, tome of lost knowledge (+15 magery), plus an imbuer can custom make jewelry to suit your needs. I have a template I'm experimenting with that has 53 skill points on each ring and bracelet. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just from looking at what your posting i think your gonna have to make a decision.

are you a disco tamer.
or are you a provo tamer.

cause i dont think there is any way your gonna get them BOTH on with an effective tamer template.

cause if ya keep them both, then either you have to drop your magic (then your very limited with no spells) or you drop your vet (which as a tamer you kinda need unless your gonna rely heavilly on other people ressing your pet or pay out the nose for the NPC vet to res ya and you dont have the mana bank to heal your pet with spells so that option wont work for ya)

and to be honest, why do ya need provo?

i can only think of 1 or 2 things that i would need both for with a tamer.
that plus by the time you get a disco off and have your pet on it then wait the 10 seconds to get the provo off the first critter is probablly dead.

unless your talking Doom.
but doom is a different cup'o tea all together.

i would stone off the provo.

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually your tamer can have 120 provoke/music/disco with Imbued jewels and other items. My tamer now has the following skills:

Skill Real/Actual
Magery 95/110 - 15 Tomb of Lost Knowledge or Conjurer Grimoire
Taming 105/120 - 15 from Mark of Travesty / Library Talisman
An Lore 105/120 - 15 from Mark of Travesty / Library Talisman
Discord 94/120 - 26 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Music 102/120 - 18 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Provoke 94/120 - 26 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Vet 120/120
------------------------
Total 715/830

Imbued Ring - +5 Music, +13 Prov, +13 Disc, SDI 10, LRC 20%
Imbued Brac - +13 Music, +13 Prov, +13 Disc, SDI 4, LRC 20%

My account is only 3 yrs old so when I get my last 5 skill pts I will increase music to 107 and rebuild my ring without that skill. Might also take SDI off the jewel if I can figure out what other property to add. The jewels were not difficult to create with 120 imbuing at my own soul forge.

I do swap out the library talisman for a totem of void for mana regen when hunting. When I have the time I'll fix up his suit to be all 70's. He rocks now but then it is mainly the pets that do the real work.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a tamer with 120 disco and provoke. and it's great. can switch out peace and provoke for different hunts.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my tamer has :

music 115
peace 115
animal lore 115
taming 115
vet 115
magery 105

going to up some skills...

however...this template is REALLY old.
(cause i'm too lazy to update to the latest hot new templates)

Might replace peace with something else...since 115 peace doesn't seem to be as succesful anymore.
Seem to fail more on greater dragons then i used to last year with my 115.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Actually your tamer can have 120 provoke/music/disco with Imbued jewels and other items. My tamer now has the following skills:

Skill Real/Actual
Magery 95/110 - 15 Tomb of Lost Knowledge or Conjurer Grimoire
Taming 105/120 - 15 from Mark of Travesty / Library Talisman
An Lore 105/120 - 15 from Mark of Travesty / Library Talisman
Discord 94/120 - 26 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Music 102/120 - 18 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Provoke 94/120 - 26 from Imbued Ring/Braclet
Vet 120/120
------------------------
Total 715/830

Imbued Ring - +5 Music, +13 Prov, +13 Disc, SDI 10, LRC 20%
Imbued Brac - +13 Music, +13 Prov, +13 Disc, SDI 4, LRC 20%

My account is only 3 yrs old so when I get my last 5 skill pts I will increase music to 107 and rebuild my ring without that skill. Might also take SDI off the jewel if I can figure out what other property to add. The jewels were not difficult to create with 120 imbuing at my own soul forge.

I do swap out the library talisman for a totem of void for mana regen when hunting. When I have the time I'll fix up his suit to be all 70's. He rocks now but then it is mainly the pets that do the real work.
when reading this i just got a blast phrase from the past jump out at me.

Twink Tamer.

hahahahhaa

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
looks like some people forgot to take their meds today.
i got a PM telling me how bad i am for calling someone a 'Twink Tamer'

heaven forbid anyone should actually type that phrase into google and see what it means before having a hissy fit on me for using the phrase.

but, cause some people are too lazy to search stuff for themselves, let me post what comes up on the search on google.

http://www.uoforums.com/uo-general-discussion/56085-how-twink-character.html

http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/lingo.php

in short, a Twink Tamer is someone who rings up to get high enough skill to control a pet.

We use to call them that cause they where like Twinkies.
while not real food, they taste damn good.
so when someone is a twink tamer they are a tamer, but not a real tamer cause they dont have the real skill.

hopefully that clears all that up.
and if anyone else is too lazy to search for a phrase that they read on stratics please feel free to PM me and ill cut and paste it into google for them.

its just a little service i will offer.

:)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha! You've called me worse, Poo. (He gave one of my faction thieves still in training a guild title of "pocket lint." Poor thing.)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hahahahaha

pocket lint

F

Fingers of Cats

Twink Tamer... they do need to look up what "twink" refers to when applied to a toon... in WoW all it means is a character that is built on amazing armor... not a put down!

Anyway I dropped provo because I never had time to use it... once Disco was on... most mobs were dead :/

I haven't actually been using my tamer much... I found my Sampire to do some amazing work in short order!

If I could only keep my bard/t-hunter alive better on those lvl 6 t-maps!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 'safe' gating I would suggest 110 magery.
I would not drop vet too much. Stable slots and the ability to resurrect pets are very important to most tamers.
For 'save' invis you need around 95 magery.

I havent heard of it before or better I think so, but ....
There are not too many situations where you need discord and provo at the same time. With imbuing around you could get two different skill sets (ring, brace, travesty mask). One for discord and one for provo and 'simply' switch between those two if needed. I would suggest beeing an elf for craftable artifacts.

This way you would need/have real skillpoints for:
- 100 muisc (+10 travesty mask, +10 song woven mantle)
- 80 discord (+30 ring & bracelet, +10 travesty mask)
- 80 provo (+30 ring & bracelet, +10 travesty mask)
- 115 tame (+5 library talisman)
- 115 lore (+5 library talisman)
- 100 magery (+10 spellbook)
- 120 vet
- 0 med (+10 spellbook, +10 spell woven britches, as much MR as you can get)
Depending on which additional skill you can squeeze onto your jewelry you could swap some vet for some med.

If you feel that my suggestions are too expensive or that swappping jewely+mask (during a fight) is too complicated you are right. But if you wants such a cramped template its your fault. :D Even if your skillcap would be at 720, it wouldnt be much easier to fit all your wanted skills into.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intresting..
To the guy who posted his template..without eval int, why on earth do u have SDI on the juwels !? anything else whould probberly be better.

On most of my tamers, i only have 60 real vet skill.
If my pet dies i "twink" up with juwels to hit the magic 80++vet level, and zivola, my pet is ressed.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do you need EI to recieve the spell damage increase?