• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/bard/fencer!?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just shooting ideas out here....give me feedback!

120 Music (done)
120 Disco (done)
120 Tamer (jewls to get to 120)
120 Animal Lore (jewls to get to 120)
120 Fence/archer depending on set up (120 archer with headress)
120 Tactics

If I go with archer I can spend that 60 points (from archer/tame/lore) on something like chiv or whatever...This would be mostly for solo hunting in shame and dungeons...not soloing bosses or whatever.

Thoughts?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like how you are thinking. 60 Points of Chivalry might be enough for Sacred Journey but for everything else it should be less than sufficient. You will face two problems if you ask me:

• You will have problems healing and curing yourself.
  • You will have problems healing your pet(s).
Viable means for healing pets usually include either Veterinary or lots of Mana + some other skill (like Mysticism, Magery).

Please tell us about your goals: Solo hunt peerless monsters like Navrey Night Eyes? Group hunting deer and brown bears?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ha brown bears!

Nah I was thinking more along the lines of farming shame with that template...but I was facing the healing issue. I was able to do it but it wasnt as fast as I would have liked...Maybe just shift to bard tamer and stack on a grip of mana regen and run disco mastery. I was just thinking outside the box...and that box wasnt very good to begin with lol.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can tell you what I did with my thrower for a day. I have to say it did not work as intended when I tried that template.
(Numbers will not necessarily be accurate, just to get you an idea)
  • Animal Lore 95 + 15 = 110
  • Animal Taming 87 + 23 = 110
  • Veterinary 100
  • Throwing 107 + 13 = 120
  • Tactics 110
  • Anatomy 110
  • Chivalry 84 ("the sweet spot of Chivalry")
Some skills are on jewelry. I was lacking skills for weapon special mana discounts obviously. My idea was that my Greater Dragon would compensate for what my thrower lacks in damage. The only place I tried the template was at Navrey Night Eyes and it was less than viable. In shame - I have no idea if it would work there. I don't know if 84 chivalry is enough to cure you in all cases even if you have high karma. With many skill points on jewelry it was hard to fit in standard attributes like Damage Increase, Hit Chance Increase etc.; Might be easier if you lower Veterinary a few points - and anatomy and / or Tactics.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was managing to have some success in shame farming low level stuff like clay golems and mud eles...but the lack of healing isnt working for me. So now Im just shifting it to a fencer bard and leaving the taming out of it...120 chiv makes a world of difference when it comes to healing and the EoO...