• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/ Bard Character Questions

• Thread starter Shield Maiden
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Shield Maiden

Hello everyone,

I am planning on making another character and I want her to be a tamer/ bard. Hopefully some kind people here can answer these questions for me:

1) If you had 720 skill points what skills and point totals would you choose?

2) Which bard skill is the slowest and most difficult to raise?

3) Is there a bard skill you would choose not to have? If so, which one?

3) If you were to use an advanced character token for this character would you choose the tamer or bard template?

Thank you in advance for your help!

T

Trukx

<blockquote><hr>

If you were to use an advanced character token for this character would you choose the tamer or bard template?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without question taming. Taming has got to be still the single hardest skill to gain in the game. Even with hours of dedication it is slow and arduous and often dangerous. I think the advanced char token gives 85 taming, with jewelry and a scroll you can essentially be 115 by simply logging in. Some may call it a cheapening of the skill, but as the game currently stands, thats a quick way to get a jump on that skill.

<blockquote><hr>

Is there a bard skill you would choose not to have? If so, which one?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a tamer/bard, i see provocation as the most useless of the barding skills. Even if you are in a room full of stuff, provoke just doesnt do much. You can always area or target peace as the situation dictates to keep other critters off of your pet.

<blockquote><hr>

Which bard skill is the slowest and most difficult to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Disco....not hard just time consuming because you have to leave screen or invis for 15 seconds or something so the effects wear off and you can re-disco the target. On a tamer/bard temp though it is also the most beneficial once you get it to 120. My disco tamer mows down just about everything that isnt a boss.

looks like this:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco
110 Magery

J

joblackjon

I just started my third Tamer/Bard. I used an Advanced token for Bard, SSed the skills and used another token for Tamer. All those skills train nicely together. This hurts tho...all the skills are advanced to 85 except Disco (70)!

I agree with everything stated above except for Disco being the most difficult. I feel Provo is more difficult because you always need 2 creatures of similar power to have a chance of a gain. While Disco only requires one at a time.

G

Trukx's template suggestion is exactly what I would go with. I almost made a disco-tamer, but changed her to a t-hunter instead. Currently working on a pure bard.

Disco is definitely the bard skill to accompany taming!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

1) If you had 720 skill points what skills and point totals would you choose?

2) Which bard skill is the slowest and most difficult to raise?

3) Is there a bard skill you would choose not to have? If so, which one?

4) If you were to use an advanced character token for this character would you choose the tamer or bard template?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) 120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 disco
120 magic (or any variation 60 chiv 60 focus, 80 magic 20 focus ect ect ect)

2) Disco - have fun!

3) provo with a tamer is not worth beans.
the baddies are dead from your pets by the time you get your provo off.
for that matter peace isnt much better.
unless your taming.
but for straight killing peace dosnt help ya much.
protection and a hotkey for invis is the same.
pack a couple invis pots or the confusion blast ones.
either way your golden.

4) i use the advance tokens all the time when i get bored.
this is what i do.
use the tamer one.
that starts you with 85 tame/lore/vet/magic/med.
buy a +15 ring and watch and get a taming tali if you can afford one.
that will put you to 120 taming.
get a nice phat LRC suit.
use a boomstick cause your allready a twink.
work magic up, why, cause you wont have room to put on med and focus later, so crank them up now and stone them off or just kill them off.
magic done?
good.
go tame 2 gamans, have them attack each other, then just vet 1, vet 2, vet 1 vet 2.
keep doing that.
day later your 120 lore and vet.
now go buy a music instrament.
cram a penny into your keyboard with "use item, paise 1000" set in your uoassist macro.
GM music.
now its just your discrod to work.
but seeing as your a tamer its easy sleazy to do.
tame the pets ya need, then disco them.

typically what i do is i train up peace first.
why?
cause its easy to train and it makes straight taming easier.
once i have all the pets i need in my stable i stone off the peace and get my disco done.
then you can go have fun.

ive dont this on.... oh more then id ever admit too.
but i think in all i have this template probablly 20 some odd times... 24? 26?
at any rate, its quick and easy.
and VERY effective.

J

joblackjon

I think Peace can be very helpful in PvM. In Destard for example your pet may be okay 2-3 Drags but when the 4th shows up, things can go south quickly. It's nice to able to put extra spawn in the "waiting room"!

S

StarlaUO

My template which I find good for hunting.

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco with 120 Peace on soulstone. Peace is useful in taming aggressive critters that cast spells.
120 Mage

Disco and provo are very slow to train and is ineffective even at 100 if you are hunting highend. Taming is the slowest to train but you can still hunt effectively even with 100 taming (real or jewelled up).

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

I think Peace can be very helpful in PvM. In Destard for example your pet may be okay 2-3 Drags but when the 4th shows up, things can go south quickly. It's nice to able to put extra spawn in the "waiting room"!

[/ QUOTE ]

if they are discorded they will be dead before you even need to worry about it.
heck, if they are discorded you probably wont even need to be vetting your pet!

S

Shield Maiden

I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my questions. It is nice to see how many helpful players there are that took the time to answer my questions!