• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer archer need tips

Mirko 75

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone. This templare are Too hard to use?
Taming 120
An. Lore 105 (99% G.Dragon)
Vet. 100
Arch. 95(120)
Tact 100
Chiv 100
Bushido 100
Thank you For help

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well first of i would drop the Vet. You can ress your pet with potions and heal it with Chiv. It allso frees up 100 skill points.

My tamer/archer run the following skills.

110 Taming
110 Vet
120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
80 Healing
Meditation i cant remember exactly but 80-GMish

I enjoy it alot but it takes a while getting used to :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing wrong about it but i dont like bushido to much on my tamer. Just remember that you need to use what you are comfortable with or find funny to play.
Its allso good to play a human in my opinion to be able to cast wraithform for mana leech :)

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently done away from my home shard, my very cheap tamer / bladeweaver .... (710 total skill points used yet)

- 110 animal lore
- 90 animal taming (+20 on looted jewel pieces)
- 100 focus (planned to use also non med looted armor parts)
- 100 magery (invis to break aggro and to help heal beasts and to gate beasts around) / can replace that with 100 chivalry on a soulstone)
- 100 tactics
- 110 throwing
- 100 veterinary

Mostly using the "Banshee's Call" - a life leeching SA artifact cyclone, dealing cold damage

Template is cheap and great fun to play, using mostly a greater dragon, a cu sidhe, bake kitsune + rune beetle combo, high plains boura & bake kitsune

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well first of i would drop the Vet. You can ress your pet with potions and heal it with Chiv. It allso frees up 100 skill points.
Those Elixirs of Rebirth cause more skill damage when resurrecting a pet, and Chiv heals like crap compared to Vet. Close Wounds heals for like 35 damage and consumes Mana, while Vet can heal about 80-100 damage. Even with high Karma and Chiv, Cleanse By Fire tends to fail like hell to cure DP or Lethal, while GM+ Vet cures them almost every time.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those Elixirs of Rebirth cause more skill damage when resurrecting a pet, and Chiv heals like crap compared to Vet. Close Wounds heals for like 35 damage and consumes Mana, while Vet can heal about 80-100 damage. Even with high Karma and Chiv, Cleanse By Fire tends to fail like hell to cure DP or Lethal, while GM+ Vet cures them almost every time.
Not sure what you hunt solo with your archer/tamer. i mostly use mine for grouphunts and healing isnt an issue at all since there allways some mages or other tamers around.
And if i do hunt solo i dont fight stuff that can kill my pet but elixir of rebirth is handy when you just need to ress your pet quickly for w/e reason. If i would to solo a boss or para AW i would probably just log my sampire instead.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I run this template
Animal taming
Animal lore
Veterinary
Archery
Tactics
Magery
Necromancy for wraith form and curse weapon for life leech

That template seems to be most efficient for me