• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer-Archer need help

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone.
I wanted to make a change to my tamer.
I wanted to make him an archer. so i have a few questions to ask.
first, however, I wanted to say that the use I want to make of it is generic: he is the main character, so he must be able to deal with major situations such as big-quests or boss.
1. I was interested in being able to become invisible during combat. so i had thought of using magery for invisibility. the problem is that i have to use a skill just for this. other solutions?
2. veterinary. how much is important? obvious to resurrect the pet and to heal it, but if the pet is strong enough and resists. would just any cure be enough to keep him alive? (I usually ride with a cu-sidhe)

this would be the initial configuration I thought, obviously a lot to change because I have yet to have the necessary answers:

first chance (720) (can heal pet at distance, can ress or cure pet)
taming 120
animal lore 120
veterinary (???) 90
archery 120
tactics 100
magery 95
chivalry 75

second chance (670) (better damage, less suvivability)
taming 120
lore 120
vet (???) 90
archery 120
tactics 100
cavalry 120 (UP)

third chance (skills 680)
taming 120
lore 120
archery 120
tactics 100
anatomy 100
cavalry 120

thanks to all!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run taming and lore 115
( only need 230 for 99%control chance)
Vet 80(swap in braclet to res +10)(90)
Archery 95( headdress and quiver)(120)
Chiv 80
Then i split the rest with healing, tactics (only need 60 to use speacials)and anatomy, trying to get healing and anat to at least 90 with jewels.

I use a set of cameos and EoO. This alows me to heal, and do damage as well as my pet, heal and res others.

I tried using magery in this temp as well to go invis, but needed the perfect set of jewels, and they had to be antique, and they were expensive.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My tamer-thrower on Atlanta has 100 taming and 100 lore. Rest in fighting skills + 100necro or 100 healing. With 2*imbued jewels she gets to 110 taming to command "all guard me" and fights. For dungeon events she uses Ninjitsu Triton : pet with extremely high survival skills. My ping on Atl is awful so I cannot run after pet to heal it in any way. Another account with vet is a solution or just ask other tamer around if pet is finally dead.

Another tamer (sometimes Archer , sometimes sampire , sometimes 4*120 bard) on Asuka has (real) 63 taming and 63 lore. Skills and gear shared for several chars. 2 imbued jewels + mark of travesty +library talisman get them to 108. After you commanded "all guard me" successfully change +skill gear to more suitable for a warrior. If pet refuses command - feed it and repeat. In case of bard just be where you are.

For OP builds :you can use "balanced" bow and drink invisibility potions instead of wasting skill points for Margery.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is from an older post of mine on Tamer/Archers.

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Archery
120 Tact
90 Vet
GM Chiv
50 Bushido

One of the best pets for a Archer/Tamer is a 4 slot 120 Disco+CB Triton as you ride a Swampy or Ethy. The Triton will tank the foe and debuff their Resists (particularly Energy), while you use Double Shot/AP with a 100% Energy Yumi that has Slayer/HML/HSL/Hit Lightning/DI (or HLA if you don't need the DI, and use Mace & Shield variant to apply HLD as well). You can run Consume Damage on your pet while leeching Mana back with shots. The Bushido is for Double Shot/AP with Yumi, Honor, and Confidence. This build has a lot of damage output while providing some group utility with debuffs (Disco+CB+AP+HLA+HLD).

You can also use 5 slot pets, but you won't be able to use Double Shot with a Yumi while on foot (they should really remove this restriction).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Last if best for me. i have 120 tamin and lore, cant downgrade.
thanks
Heck, these days why settle?

You can have 120 Tame/Lore
100 Anat
120 Archery
80 Chiv
80 Healing
105 Tactics
110 Vet

800+ skill point characters are easy to have...
and that is along with a suit that has all the bells and whistles needed as well. The only thing you honestly need real skill in is whatever you run the Mastery on.

But, like with any other temp, your personal playstyle matters more.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Last if best for me. i have 120 tamin and lore, cant downgrade.
thanks
You can always create new character with 50 taming and 50 lore. Which with 2 imbued taming /lore jewels will get you to 80 in both skills. Get Lowland Boura , train to 3 slot and you are good to try your Archer. Bouras have a lot HP initially

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Heck, these days why settle?

You can have 120 Tame/Lore
100 Anat
120 Archery
80 Chiv
80 Healing
105 Tactics
110 Vet

800+ skill point characters are easy to have...
and that is along with a suit that has all the bells and whistles needed as well. The only thing you honestly need real skill in is whatever you run the Mastery on.

But, like with any other temp, your personal playstyle matters more.
Interesting.
the first problem remains that I also wish I could become invisible at critical moments. is there any other possibility than hiding or magery?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Interesting.
the first problem remains that I also wish I could become invisible at critical moments. is there any other possibility than hiding or magery?

as others have said... invis pots...

or...

at times you can still find "invisibility items" such as rings, brace etc. With auto dress macros it is simple to swap out one item for another with just a keystroke.