• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer and luck

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With my tamer, in solen hive, i've killed about 40 queens. And only 1 crystal ball found. 1404 luck and a cu to kill the solen queens.
Then i've tryed with my mage, with only 850 kuck. 20/25 queens killed and 6 crystal balls.
Is this a bug? Luck doesn't work killing monster with pets?

S

Seismic

forgive my ignorance here but what does the crystal ball do in this game? this is the first I've heard of it lol

D

Devil_Woman

You link it to a pet, and it will summon the pet from the stables (or wherever it may be) to your location.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, RNG be Random Number Generator - the evil, evil thing!

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me for my bad english.
RNG is ring?
What do you means that RNG and luck are screwed? That they are wrong, brought or something like this?
RNG= what seadog said. RNG means that your loot drop is totally random.

What I mean by them being screwed is that the loot is usually garbage. I have a luck suit well over 1400 and can hunt for hours without getting but a few items worth keeping.

I don't expect to get high end items every time I kill a high end monster, but it would be nice if the dev's bumped it up just a teeny bit.

The higher your luck the more items you get, but it seems that it's just more stuff to throw away.

S

Seismic

What I mean by them being screwed is that the loot is usually garbage. I have a luck suit well over 1400 and can hunt for hours without getting but a few items worth keeping.

I don't expect to get high end items every time I kill a high end monster, but it would be nice if the dev's bumped it up just a teeny bit.

The higher your luck the more items you get, but it seems that it's just more stuff to throw away.
Actually, the higher your luck, the better the item intensities are..

F

Fizbann

I put together an 1880 luck suit & tried killing the sphinx for a 1/2 hour. I "thought" I was seeing more properties then usual on items but the intensities ranged from 1% to 5%. So I put some decent armor back on...

C

Coppelia

Luck affect loot in two ways : probability of a well-filled loot bag, and number/intensity of item properties.
I assume that getting a crystal ball of pet summoning is not affected by Luck.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, the higher your luck, the better the item intensities are..
Actually, the higher your luck, you are supposed to get higher intensities as well as more properties on the items, to the max of 5.

C

CroakerTnT

Luck doesn't affect the drop rate.

It only affects the intensity of the properties on weapons and armor in the drop.

W

Wilde1

aye, luck will make a difference by shifting the probability upward that an item has more intensity or more properties than is usual. Its not a guarantee for each item, but rather give an increased chance at buffed loot. If you want to see it in action, try killing rune beetles for 45min with and without a luck suit. They have a nice enough loot loot table that you should see the difference. Since # and intensity of properties don't apply to a pet ball, I'd be surprised if luck increased drop rate.

OTOH, i thought luck did improve the drop rate on things like antivirtue items...

R

Righteous

With my tamer, in solen hive, i've killed about 40 queens. And only 1 crystal ball found. 1404 luck and a cu to kill the solen queens.
Then i've tryed with my mage, with only 850 kuck. 20/25 queens killed and 6 crystal balls.
Is this a bug? Luck doesn't work killing monster with pets?
The Dev's have posted about luck several times both in the forums and in the FOF. There is a formula that determines if you get a bump in the treasure tables. If you are consistantly getting the bump the pet summoning ball might have a lower percentage chance of being recieved in that table. I also noticed that I didnt get very many summoning balls with my tamer with his luck suit but I came back another time without my luck suit and got two in the same quest run.

Righteous.