• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taking a 1 slot fire beetle to 2 slot

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, my experience is that it is a pain in the xxx ...

I did it the following way, but most probably there are better ones of the more experienced players:

- Get a good 3 slot cu bonded ("good" to me is a near 600 hp cu with high phys res)
- Train him to gm level at wrestling (I do the Tokuno Champ spawn with lizard men etc. to 80 and after that shadow ele at yomutsu mines)
- this will be your main pet you take to tank the crazy mage
- tame and bond the fire beetle
- take it also to the Tokuno Champ spawn to train wrestling up to 80/ after that to 100 with you cu as tank pet at the shadow ele
- change to crazy mage with your cu as tank pet and fire beetle as second pet after some time the cu is tanking already (you don't want the mage to turn to your fire beetle as the beetle will die in secs)
- even if doing it this way it will take a loooooong time for your beetle to reach lvl 2!
- you will reach lvl 4 with your cu much faster. Don't activate it, let it stay at lvl 3!

Regards, Fizzle

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the response! That's an interesting way, as I've heard this with the crazy mages as well. Is it possible to train 2 tamed beetles on each other, maybe with different owners?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. On 2.

You can discord the mage.

Or just go one on one with it. The pet will die a few times. In 40 minutes you will be at 100%

Teaches you how to heal and vet your pet.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wind eles south and east of crazy and burning mages, dont hit as hard, and still give great gains.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I use to use another pet to tank, but if you do that it will take 2-3x as long. Now I take them to the mage, repeatedly cast poison field on the mage and he'll use most of his mana casting cure and dispel instead of nuking your pet. You'll still have to heal/vet/cure your pet as best as you can, and the pet will likely die a few times, but it's still faster than having a 2nd pet tank.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the advice, I ended up going with a 2nd pet.

Now as for this Fire Beetle, it's now 2-slots. What should I do with it?

A Cat

Visitor
Died many times, but it's possible on Crazy Mage. 2nd pet, or someone else tanking works really good.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I meant as far as using the points. I’ve read some guides, but it seems confusing on what order to go.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the advice, I ended up going with a 2nd pet.

Now as for this Fire Beetle, it's now 2-slots. What should I do with it?
Give it to me! Just kidding :)

I’d say set resists how you like. Hit point regen. Stam/dex 150, rest in hit points and strength. Just my suggestion.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I meant as far as using the points. I’ve read some guides, but it seems confusing on what order to go.
1. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM
2. Set Dexterity to MAXIMUM
3. Set resists where you want them
4. I put 100 more HP
5. Set mana to 500
6. Rest in Strength

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Question: Would it be better to raise dex to 125 through training rather then spending points?

150 dex
150 stam
398 str
200 hps (total)
80 energy
80 fire
80 physical
70 poison

That sound good?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question: Would it be better to raise dex to 125 through training rather then spending points?

150 dex
150 stam
398 str
200 hps (total)
80 energy
80 fire
80 physical
70 poison

That sound good?

Yes but you can put points in cold resist if you didn't.

You can fight raise dex and stam to 125. But if you forget to set stam to 150. the pet is ruined. Beetles have enough points to use that 15. On those.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is just my opinion, you probably won’t notice the “extra” points spent to raise stam and dex now to 150. And you’ll notice the bug will swing faster.
As for resists, it’s a personal preference and having said that, I favor 80,75,70,70,70. But whatever you decide, be sure to use all the resists available. Remember the resists can total 365.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is just my opinion, you probably won’t notice the “extra” points spent to raise stam and dex now to 150.
There are too many pets on Atl with 125 dex or stam to not just use the points until you are experienced at putting them on. And since I always do it first, I would forget later because I always do it first.

When I train a PP Nightmare I go ahead and get the skills to 100 and the dex and stam to 125 before training.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There are too many pets on Atl with 125 dex or stam to not just use the points until you are experienced at putting them on. And since I always do it first, I would forget later because I always do it first.

When I train a PP Nightmare I go ahead and get the skills to 100 and the dex and stam to 125 before training.
I believe I said raise them to 150 now.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also after your first upgrade, with resists you might want to take him to the New Haven casters and in 1 hr or so get his magic resists to 100, then take him to solo the crazy mage, he will die a lot less, and build really fast as solo then..Lever 3 is easy peasy..Hard part was getting him to level 2..GJ..He will be a FIERY beast, and also rideable! (not to mention the specials you will be putting on.. Just careful to add AOE First, then other then finally the magic you choose, and at the end the RC..RC must be at the end) If never done this before would use the TC1 as experimental ground before finalizing him, since ruining him will be so painful after all that work..Also check @Khaelor's website for stating/skilling them.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay, leveled him up again. Any advice on what to do with him now? Thanks for any advice!

Looking at the "Order of Picking Abilities" sticky thread, Khyro says:

"Fire Beetle
You want to give your blank slate fire beetle the following: Explosive Goo, Armor Ignore, Rune Corruption, Poisoning.

Correct Order
  1. Explosive Goo
  2. Armor Ignore
  3. Rune Corruption
  4. Poisoning
Since this pet started with no magical, by giving it a magic ability last, you are able to get 4 abilities."

Do I do that all in one round, the first round, or what? When I add it to my plan in the correct order described above, it zeros out Explosive Goo. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, leveled him up again. Any advice on what to do with him now? Thanks for any advice!

Looking at the "Order of Picking Abilities" sticky thread, Khyro says:

"Fire Beetle
You want to give your blank slate fire beetle the following: Explosive Goo, Armor Ignore, Rune Corruption, Poisoning.

Correct Order
  1. Explosive Goo
  2. Armor Ignore
  3. Rune Corruption
  4. Poisoning
Since this pet started with no magical, by giving it a magic ability last, you are able to get 4 abilities."

Do I do that all in one round, the first round, or what? When I add it to my plan in the correct order described above, it zeros out Explosive Goo. Thanks again for all the help.
Do the specials last.

1. Set the HP regen to Max
2. Set the Mana regen to Max
3. Set the Stam regen to 5
4. Set the Strength to Max.
5. Anything left in HP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Can you access TC1? To gain a little exp with this, you might want to copy there and try. It takes seconds to copy to TC1. Sry I never use the planner, as it has some problems. The sequence of adding seems ok, and can be done in stages if needed, but add in that sequence. Try the TC1 if you have access also, then go for it in "prodo shard"..:)

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Do the specials last.

1. Set the HP regen to Max
2. Set the Mana regen to Max
3. Set the Stam regen to 5
4. Set the Strength to Max.
5. Anything left in HP.
Okay, I'll do that this round. Next round I'll repeat, then when I go from 4 - 5, I'll add the specials, with all the points left going into HPs.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Can you access TC1? To gain a little exp with this, you might want to copy there and try. It takes seconds to copy to TC1. Sry I never use the planner, as it has some problems. The sequence of adding seems ok, and can be done in stages if needed, but add in that sequence. Try the TC1 if you have access also, then go for it in "prodo shard"..:)
I'll have to do that, since it's more prudent, just time constraints. Was trying to maximize my time in game, but it makes sense to spend time there so I don't waste time on a real shard.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Okay, I'll do that this round. Next round I'll repeat, then when I go from 4 - 5, I'll add the specials, with all the points left going into HPs.
Whatever you do : At end make sure you have maxed damage 22-33, this is important..

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
To train poison you might want to pick it earlier than last round although you have to pick it last, since you only can add 3 abilities and 4th poison is for "free" since the beetle doesnt have any magic school.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last Round:

Make sure the strength is Maximum.

1. Max the Base damage per second.

Have to go in order for specials: Otherwise you can not get them all. So decide what you want.

2. Add an area if you want one. (Goo)
3. Add Armor Ignore
4. Add Rune Corruption

5. Can Add poison if you like

6. Add the scrolls you want. Put at least 105s on it. May have to get Wrestling to 100 before Parry is a choice.

7. If you did all the above, you can add more HP.
8. Enjoy your nice pet.

The sequence of adding seems ok, and can be done in stages if needed, but add in that sequence.
Pfft of course it is correct. Pet revamp has been out 2 years almost. I haven't built a beetle in over a year. All pets get the same base build if they have enough points...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..I have 2 nice bugs remaining, waiting also. both done with lev 1.. one is a frostie (looks so nice) 2 slots, other is a fire beetle..Darn time contraints. Will get to them sooner or later.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a rescue Beetle I found on a vendor cheap so I built it.

Notice it does not have 150 Dex. But it just walks a little slower, which I am ok with because area pets tend to wander off. Example of what can happen if you dont put the Dex and Stam to 150, If it were the stamina, I would put it down.

upload_2019-1-3_23-18-46.png

Still has 240 points left.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Now as far as adding extra skill points, you need an actual powerscroll, right? If that's correct, is it needed just when I want to get the pet to go over 100, or at the time of using training points to allow that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now as far as adding extra skill points, you need an actual powerscroll, right? If that's correct, is it needed just when I want to get the pet to go over 100, or at the time of using training points to allow that?
Each scroll costs points. Put them in your backpack and choose increase magic or melee skill caps.

Thats why you need to add those before you use all the points. On some pets parry does not show up until wrestling is 100. You do not have to get skills to 100 if the skill shows up in the menu.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Each scroll costs points. Put them in your backpack and choose increase magic or melee skill caps.

Thats why you need to add those before you use all the points. On some pets parry does not show up until wrestling is 100. You do not have to get skills to 100 if the skill shows up in the menu.
So, just for clarification (I can't transfer to Test for whatever reason), I need to have the +20 scrolls in my pack at the time of selecting the training to move whatever skill to 120? I was hoping you could pay the points and then drop a scroll later when one became available.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nope must be in your pack.

You can save the points for later. (Save 600 points) Can put on lower scrolls now and save points for later.

EJ accounts can not go to TC.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
nope must be in your pack.

You can save the points for later. (Save 600 points) Can put on lower scrolls now and save points for later.

EJ accounts can not go to TC.
Good idea. (I'm not on an EJ, paying a sub at 6 months at a time). Thanks for the response.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay, going to a 4 with my plan attached, current stats, regens, resists, and base damage. Idea would be for the last level, going from 4 to 5, to dump the rest into HPs and skills. Have I screwed this beetle up or am I on the right track? Goal would ultimately be to max the HPs + add +20 to all the skills.

Attachments