• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Tailoring 107-120?

• Thread starter WHOOPDONKIES
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RenaLynne

I did studded tunics and bone anything, but the tunics are the hardest so they might be your best bet. Im sure there might be others too make to that you dont need to use up so many bones or leather. This is what I did though, and I gained pretty quickly.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you're scrolled to 120, Cloth Ninja Hoods can get you to 115.0.

After that, any of larger studded armor parts should work (Gorgets only give gains us to 113.8, and you'll probably be making the cloth hoods instead. The studded mempo only gives gains to 115.0. The gloves & Bustier give gains up to 117.9).

Any studded leather items more difficult than the Gloves & Bustier can get you to 120, but if you're not filling BODs (just crafting and recycling) the Studded Hiro sode are the most efficient, using only 8 leather (but gains will get REALLY slow as you approach 120, as 120 is its theoretical gain endpoint, even if the skill could go higher). You'd probably be better off doing studded leggings and/or tunics (with theoretical gain gap being in the high 120s range) after about 118-119, as the gains will be quiicker, even if the leather use is higher.

This Chart gives the leather amount used, and the theoretical skill one can gain to, for each item, based on to what skill one is scrolled to, and is in the order of easiest to hardest (and therefore lowest skill to highest, that one can gain on). Note the term "Theoretical" means that "imaginary numbers" (ones that can't actually be reached, due to skill caps) are given, for purposes of comparison.

W

WHOOPDONKIES

If you're scrolled to 120, Cloth Ninja Hoods can get you to 115.0.

After that, any of larger studded armor parts should work (Gorgets only give gains us to 113.8, and you'll probably be making the cloth hoods instead. The studded mempo only gives gains to 115.0. The gloves & Bustier give gains up to 117.9).

Any studded leather items more difficult than the Gloves & Bustier can get you to 120, but if you're not filling BODs (just crafting and recycling) the Studded Hiro sode are the most efficient, using only 8 leather (but gains will get REALLY slow as you approach 120, as 120 is its theoretical gain endpoint, even if the skill could go higher). You'd probably be better off doing studded leggings and/or tunics (with theoretical gain gap being in the high 120s range) after about 118-119, as the gains will be quiicker, even if the leather use is higher.

This Chart gives the leather amount used, and the theoretical skill one can gain to, for each item, based on to what skill one is scrolled to, and is in the order of easiest to hardest (and therefore lowest skill to highest, that one can gain on). Note the term "Theoretical" means that "imaginary numbers" (ones that can't actually be reached, due to skill caps) are given, for purposes of comparison.
Thanks everyone. Up to 110 with UOA helping me. Bought 60k leather and hopefully i can make it to 120 pretty quick.