• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client T-map pin images not reflecting true location

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has been an issue for some time, which in many ways was why when the map locations were static, people liked using the 190/200 marked runes in the rune libraries.

Now that the locations are randomized, the issue is much worse, and in some cases have even had chests pop up from a water square bordering land (I wish I'd taken a screenshot of my chest arising from the river south of Britain 3 years ago).

Simply put, for many people using the Classic client (though some claim to not have this issue), the spot that the map pin indicates is about 1/2 to one full screen west of the true chest location as indicated by coordinates (from putting it into a DJ Locker after decoding), standing on those coordinates in the mini-map, or simply handing it to someone using the EC to read it (they see it exactly where it should be).

One of the more glaring examples of this is in the included picture - it's happened to me several times on Amoeba Island, and a few times near rivers or other narrow water gaps that run N/S. it's especially annoying when (such as in Ter Mer with its rough terrain) it ends up on the opposite side of an impenetratable barrier like rock or lava, that requires a minute or two run to circumnavigate (plus beating down any hostiles, of where there are plenty in Ter Mur, especially in vacant areas - such as the all too common anlorvaglems). I'm just glad there aren't any maps in the Lost Lands - the glitch would make maps insanely difficult there.

Is there any chance of getting this looked at?

Note for picture: IF you look at the image, you will note that the lower half of the pin on the map is on the upper right (west) side of the inlet (the upper half crossing the inlet 1 or 2 degrees to the north before the head of the pin actually is over land again), with the dead mongbats and giant serpent where I dug based on the pin, while the actual chest location is to the lower left (east) on the small peninsula about 6-10 squares away - and the peninsula coordinates reflect the 1x1 degree rough area given by the Davey Jones Locker better than the main island spot indicated by the pin. map offset.JPG

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havnt played the gmae in like a year or more but this was an issue back then as well. As far as i can remember its allways been like this.
Very frustrating indeed!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the true location is always couple tiles to the east (3-4 tiles, and same to the north) from the pin. It always been like that

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quickblade, as you can see from my screen grab, the positions I've been getting are far more than 3-4 tiles to the east, and 1-4 to the SOUTH, not north.

So, I think it might actually be different from person to person.

Evidence in the past also gave indications that it MIGHT also have something to do with possibly having moved the play window from its default position in the CC in the past, even if currently returned to default.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you added any old mul or map files to your classic directory?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I added all the ones off my other computer's HD (currently DOA due to a startup issue).

And, try as I might, I can't get UOAM to work, even doing everything Kojak's thread says to do.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I added all the ones off my other computer's HD (currently DOA due to a startup issue).

And, try as I might, I can't get UOAM to work, even doing everything Kojak's thread says to do.
When I removed all those old files the tmap worked correctly - you might try that and see if that was the problem.