• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SWTOR to be a digital exclusive to Origin

• Thread starter dracokyaku
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

dracokyaku

EA are putting the final touches to Steam rival 'Origin', EA's new On-line storefront which will be the exclusive digital distributor of Star Wars: The old republic.

Read more here

P

Penti

Interesting decision to do it as an exclusive. One major problem I can foresee is a huge demand on the first week or so for SWTOR, leading to slow downloads and much frustration from the masses.

Long term it should provide some much needed competition for Steam though

Valfelan

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so when can we expect a pre-order or launch date, some articles say this fall but ya never know

P

Penti

There's still loads of speculation surrounding a release date.

Just in the last few days I've seen everything from 4th September to Jan2012....... The only thing anyone can say is "we'll know when we know".

The only release I'll believe is the one that Bioware give me. And as of this moment in time, they havent given me one :(

My own personal speculation would be Oct/Nov 2011, but I have absolutely no evidence or data to back this up.....

N

NachtStieg

I'm interested in seeing how well Origin will do competing with Steam. I'm sure with SWTOR as a main component, it will do pretty well.

F

ForTheCity

If SWTOR chooses just to do it on Origin, I can see Origin being able to compete with Steam.