• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Swoop Disco on Barding Calc.

M

maroite

So I was playing with the barding calculator today to see what I would need to disco certain mobs in the game.

First I chose the Swoop just for fun. When I did the calculation with a normal instrument, with 120 music/disco my chance was 30%. Ok, next I checked with a exceptional instrument. 50%. Ok, exceptional is better than normal.

So then I thought that the swoop is a bird right, well I wonder if Bird slayer will be even better! But, with a bird slayer instrument the % went down to 40%?

If that right? Or is the Swoop no longer a bird?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would imagine the calculator is not calibrated for bird slayer instruments. That would probably be because, to the best of my knowledge, no such instrument currently exists.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bird Slayer property only spawns on talismans. Musical instruments can have one of the slayers form the original six (before Mondain's Legacy expansion). Those slayers are Demon, Undead, Reptile, Arachnid, Repond, and Elemental and any of their corresponding lesser slayer types.

My gues is that the barding calculator uses the same slayer list as the weapon damage calculator does. I suggest that the stratics folks either remove the nonapplicable slayers from the barding calculator or make a notation, so others don't repeat this in the future.

Stayin Alive,

BG

M

maroite

So my next question is, does a Birds of Brit tali effect the barding success on a swoop?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my next question is, does a Birds of Brit tali effect the barding success on a swoop?
Slayer properties on a talisman only apply to melee damage, they do not effect spell damage or barding difficulty. The only items that effect initial barding difficulty is the quality of the instrument (being exceptional) or the slayer property of the intrument.

Stayin Alive,

BG

U

uoBuoY

BTW...
That 50% success rate for Discoing the Swoop translates into success after 1-13 attempts for my 120 Bard.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW...
That 50% success rate for Discoing the Swoop translates into success after 1-13 attempts for my 120 Bard.
That's the streaky RNG getting the best of you. I find that moving a few paces once i fail 2-3 times in a row helps prevent long streaks like yours. Also, eating something seems to help too.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's the streaky RNG getting the best of you. I find that moving a few paces once i fail 2-3 times in a row helps prevent long streaks like yours. Also, eating something seems to help too.

Stayin Alive,

BG
they have said many times that they took the old eat to better your chances thing, but i still carry fish steaks on all my guys.

old habits die hard.