• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Swampy transfer...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, as a tamer what I'm trying to remember is the mechanics of giving away a swampy.

If I am grabbing one that is going to a warrior, once he's tamed, do I bond him to me and then transfer him? Do I transfer him to someone right away...what if they want a trained swampy?

Sorry, been gone a long time and I don't remember and can't find anything to tell me.

Appreciate the assist.

DM
Tamer
Baja

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there...

You don't have to bond the swampy or any animal first before handing it to someone. That would be a waste of time and the person that will own the animal needs to do the 1 week wait period for bonding after feeding. Once the animal is given away it is no longer bonded to anyone.

As for whether the person wants a trained swampy... You'd have to ask the person who is receiving the animal, in which case you may wanna have it bond to you just in case it dies during training because of some unforeseen circumstances... Such as, you lose connection and it dies.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Necronom said. You can transfer it immediately. You can also bond it and then transfer it, but the player receiving it will need to bond it again. Personally, I bond them, train them, and then hand them over to my warrior characters. Why? I know it sounds goofy, but when I die, if you're in heavy spawn, having them trained gives them that extra little bit of durability that may keep you from having to go get them rezzed.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks folks, appreciate the education...ya'd think us old guys would remember this stuff, but the brain filing cabinet has a few drawers with rust on them, kinda hard to get to some of that info..lol.